Looking for a 964RS LW

Looking for a 964RS LW

Author
Discussion

RSVP911

Original Poster:

6,646 posts

78 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
Hi there looking to buy a well maintained, low (ish) mile 964RS LW, ideally LHD, only really want one in Yellow, Rubystone or Maritime Blue - please let me know if you know of any knocking about. I know about all the cars already advertised, I’m hoping someone has one tucked away somewhere - thanks , RSVP911

Taffy66

2,675 posts

47 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
Perfect 964Rs LW LHD in Maritime blue for sale at Redline..Low 19K miles for £150K...Make then an offer..They are truly brilliant to deal with IME..

RSVP911

Original Poster:

6,646 posts

78 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
Perfect 964Rs LW LHD in Maritime blue for sale at Redline..Low 19K miles for £150K...Make then an offer..They are truly brilliant to deal with IME..
Thanks , unfortunately not - it’s not matching numbers (different gearbox apparently) and it has been re imported from Japan, making it very difficult to believe the 20,000 or so advertised miles (I’m not saying it isn’t that mileage, it’s just very hard to confirm this) . The pricing doesn’t reflect both things IMHO. As mentioned in my post, I know of all the cars currently advertised , I guess I’m looking for cars that aren’t currently for sale.

Thanks anywaysmile

IMI A

6,870 posts

146 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
https://home.mobile.de/THOMASSCHMITZ#ses

not cheap but the yellow one is amazing.

RSVP911

Original Poster:

6,646 posts

78 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
IMI A said:
https://home.mobile.de/THOMASSCHMITZ#ses

not cheap but the yellow one is amazing.
I know, dream car; but he wants 300,000 € for it - its a joke ; it’s been for sale for about 2 years and I think at that money, I’ll have died of old age before it sells smile

Actually lots for sale on mobile.de - need to learn German smile



Edited by RSVP911 on Sunday 11th August 18:39

IMI A

6,870 posts

146 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
I know I've been staring at her for 2 years! hehe

Theres a navy car at Hexagon which looks nice too. You should speak to JZM, Maxted Page and GT Classics as I'm sure they may have stuff in their in tray. GT classics have a white CS.

Pretty sure u can swap mobile.de to English

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?col...

LaurasOtherHalf

15,385 posts

141 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
RSVP911 said:
IMI A said:
https://home.mobile.de/THOMASSCHMITZ#ses

not cheap but the yellow one is amazing.
I know, dream car; but he wants 300,000 € for it - its a joke ; it’s been for sale for about 2 years and I think at that money, I’ll have died of old age before it sells smile

Actually lots for sale on mobile.de - need to learn German smile



Edited by RSVP911 on Sunday 11th August 18:39
Have you thought about asking Thomas to find you something within budget on a commission basis? It's been a long, long time but when I spoke to him he was very approachable.

RSVP911

Original Poster:

6,646 posts

78 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
RSVP911 said:
IMI A said:
https://home.mobile.de/THOMASSCHMITZ#ses

not cheap but the yellow one is amazing.
I know, dream car; but he wants 300,000 € for it - its a joke ; it’s been for sale for about 2 years and I think at that money, I’ll have died of old age before it sells smile

Actually lots for sale on mobile.de - need to learn German smile



Edited by RSVP911 on Sunday 11th August 18:39
Have you thought about asking Thomas to find you something within budget on a commission basis? It's been a long, long time but when I spoke to him he was very approachable.
We had a long chat and he seemed like a reasonable type of bloke - I just think he handles special cars - however they seem to have a premium that is disproportionate to their specialness. Thanks for the suggestion though smile

RSVP911

Original Poster:

6,646 posts

78 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
IMI A said:
I know I've been staring at her for 2 years! hehe

Theres a navy car at Hexagon which looks nice too. You should speak to JZM, Maxted Page and GT Classics as I'm sure they may have stuff in their in tray. GT classics have a white CS.

Pretty sure u can swap mobile.de to English

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?col...
Me too re the yellow car - maybe we could share it.

Brilliant shout re the language : that’s really going to help.

Spoken to GT classics and JZM - the car at GT Classics is stripped out club sport - maybe a bit much for an old man like me smile

Robbo66

3,417 posts

178 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
Buy from a specialist R, not some garage with a mish mash of modern and classic. Lots of dogs out there. Give Lee a call at MP.

Cheib

16,775 posts

120 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
Guessing you've seen the one RM Sotheby's have got coming up at auction in Sep ? Guess that will be a good marker for where they're actually trading. If you don't buy it of course!

993rsr

2,206 posts

194 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
Paul at GT Classics would be my port of call.

Top bloke who knows these cars inside out.

My old 964RSCS was sold through one of the UK ‘Specialists’ described as an original panel car the new German owner rang me to ask about the history and I had the displeasure of telling him it was written off at Spa.

Easy as pie to pull the Speedo connector in 30 seconds so take low miles on face value.

LaurasOtherHalf

15,385 posts

141 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
RSVP911 said:
We had a long chat and he seemed like a reasonable type of bloke - I just think he handles special cars - however they seem to have a premium that is disproportionate to their specialness. Thanks for the suggestion though smile
You're welcome smile

993rsr said:
Paul at GT Classics would be my port of call.

Top bloke who knows these cars inside out.

My old 964RSCS was sold through one of the UK ‘Specialists’ described as an original panel car the new German owner rang me to ask about the history and I had the displeasure of telling him it was written off at Spa.

Easy as pie to pull the Speedo connector in 30 seconds so take low miles on face value.
Paul M would be my other recommendation too-one of my old ones went through GTC and once you start to get to know a few of these people you realise the genuine people are few and far between and tend to know most owners and cars.

Is the goose still of these parishes? Slippy may know someone too? Bill Stein is long gone on here I think...


993rsr

2,206 posts

194 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
RSVP911 said:
IMI A said:
https://home.mobile.de/THOMASSCHMITZ#ses

not cheap but the yellow one is amazing.
I know, dream car; but he wants 300,000 € for it - its a joke ; it’s been for sale for about 2 years and I think at that money, I’ll have died of old age before it sells smile

Actually lots for sale on mobile.de - need to learn German smile



Edited by RSVP911 on Sunday 11th August 18:39
Have you thought about asking Thomas to find you something within budget on a commission basis? It's been a long, long time but when I spoke to him he was very approachable.
He’s been doing it since Adam was a lad.

Knowing him and Paul, personally I’d use Paul, and as Tom says ‘there are no virgins in a bordello’.

hunter 66

2,809 posts

165 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
Yes 993 rsr.... most speedo's on the 64 RS in the old days never "worked" especially on those trips to Spa and the Ring ....

Yellow491

1,290 posts

64 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
hunter 66 said:
Yes 993 rsr.... most speedo's on the 64 RS in the old days never "worked" especially on those trips to Spa and the Ring ....
You dodgy boys seem to know alot about pulling speedo,ssmile

AndrewD

6,934 posts

229 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
R, I take it you’ve seen the Ruby car coming up at RM next month (Saragga collection)? No reserve. I assume you could get it inspected beforehand.

Steve Rance

4,957 posts

176 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
Yep. Paul M is your man. Knows these cars inside out and a really nice guy.

He sourced my 964. Was exactly as described

RSVP911

Original Poster:

6,646 posts

78 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
Thanks to everyone for your help.

My journey started with Slippy who put me in touch with Paul at GT Classics and also Martin Laurence of the 964 RS data base. Had a long chat with Paul who I thought was great , but he hasn’t got anything I can buy at the moment (only a club sport) but he did agree to pre inspect a car should I find one elsewhere, which is great.
Martin has also been really helpful but again nothing’s come up as of yet.

Aware of the Rubystone car and have registered to bid on that, but I really don’t like buying cars this way as you never really know what’s really happening from a genuine bids perspective and also it’s usually a bloody expensive way to buy a car from a fees perspective - 15 % buyers fee and then 23 % Portuguese VAT on top of this; just seems like such a waste of money to me, but there you go. Also it’s got a big gap in its service history and being in Portugal it will not be easy to inspect pre the auction + the risk is you invest all this effort and cost in doing so, for a car you whose cost may be anything & ultimately you may not be able to afford it - I think the whole thing is a right PITA.

Good advice re mileage - I knew it was easy to clock a 911, didn’t realise it was that easy though.

I’m in no hurry, but I thought I’d post on here just in case someone knew of a car that may need a new home.

Thanks again,

R


Edited by RSVP911 on Sunday 11th August 22:13

LaurasOtherHalf

15,385 posts

141 months

Sunday 11th August
quotequote all
Just before you get disheartened, I actually signed up to this website in order to ask some questions during my search for a 964RS. Within (i'd say-it's a long time ago) 4 to 6 weeks I'd had PMs and posts about every car on the market and had a couple of people looking at cars on my behalf.

As time went on, I'd had PMs about cars coming up for sale and even after I'd bought I had word of buyers who would buy the car I'd bought once I wanted to move on.

So the good guys are out there, even after all this time. The shysters are still here mind you, even this weekend there has been some post trimming on a member who was caught out committing what would be considered fraud in any other sphere. But embrace the help you get on here, I did and it totally worked even up to the point where I actually had a little part time job inspecting cars for a couple of years for folk-great fun.