992 GT3

992 GT3

Author
Discussion

Purple Man

Original Poster:

119 posts

37 months

Thursday 7th January
quotequote all
So a 15% price increase will put the list price of a new GT3 at 127K plus 20K of extra's for a high spec club sport car, tops out at 147K.
I can live with that I guess!
February launch should mean a April/May date for the first delivery's.

992_GT3

286 posts

3 months

Thursday 7th January
quotequote all
Purple Man said:
So a 15% price increase will put the list price of a new GT3 at 127K plus 20K of extra's for a high spec club sport car, tops out at 147K.
I can live with that I guess!
February launch should mean a April/May date for the first delivery's.
May delivery would be a great birthday present!
wink

hunter 66

3,322 posts

184 months

Thursday 7th January
quotequote all
av185 said:
Typical options price
Wow... can buy a car for that .... or so a dozen sets of slicks , enough for a 24 hour race ....


Deansfield

126 posts

68 months

Thursday 7th January
quotequote all
Purple Man said:
So a 15% price increase will put the list price of a new GT3 at 127K plus 20K of extra's for a high spec club sport car, tops out at 147K.
I can live with that I guess!
February launch should mean a April/May date for the first delivery's.
Still to cheap for Cheib!

av185

13,141 posts

91 months

Thursday 7th January
quotequote all
acey81 said:
Maybe things are different in the UK but allocations have been passed around to dealers in Europe and while nothing is confirmed regarding pricing customers are told to expect a 15% price increase compared to the 991.2. If this is true or not remains to be seen. Apparently the late January realeaae date has also been pushed forward a week into February.
Sounds about right.

The 718 GT4 is c15% more expensive than the 981.

MeisterH

585 posts

65 months

Thursday 7th January
quotequote all
Purple Man said:
So a 15% price increase will put the list price of a new GT3 at 127K plus 20K of extra's for a high spec club sport car, tops out at 147K.
I can live with that I guess!
February launch should mean a April/May date for the first delivery's.
As I've been saying all along..... 150k max

4RS will just sit below

Twinfan

7,517 posts

68 months

Thursday 7th January
quotequote all
MeisterH said:
4RS will just sit below
eek

MeisterH

585 posts

65 months

Thursday 7th January
quotequote all
Twinfan said:
eek
All I keep hearing is low volume car.. lets hope it comes soon!

Twinfan

7,517 posts

68 months

Thursday 7th January
quotequote all
MeisterH said:
All I keep hearing is low volume car.. lets hope it comes soon!
Yep, that's all I've heard. Very low volume. I can only assume it's a run-out special for the ICE Cayster platform.

Purple Man

Original Poster:

119 posts

37 months

Sunday 10th January
quotequote all
Local OPC told me yesterday that the 992 GT3 will probably be released February but not to expect any delivery's of cars until the end of the year, September at the best. So that's a bit disappointing.

MeisterH

585 posts

65 months

Sunday 10th January
quotequote all
Purple Man said:
Local OPC told me yesterday that the 992 GT3 will probably be released February but not to expect any delivery's of cars until the end of the year, September at the best. So that's a bit disappointing.
Just NO way is this true.. they won’t miss out on delivery’s for summer as people will go off the boil by September!

Was going to be a Jan release with March/April delivery’s but COVID lockdown again! So they probably right in saying early February release with first cars being seen May/June.

Cheib

20,171 posts

139 months

Sunday 10th January
quotequote all
One thing I am pretty sure of. Anyone who has a chance of getting the first few GT3’s at his or her OPC won’t “go off the boil” if they have to wait until September. If they do I am sure the OPC will find plenty of takers smile

Iknownothin

86 posts

94 months

Sunday 10th January
quotequote all
MeisterH said:
Purple Man said:
Local OPC told me yesterday that the 992 GT3 will probably be released February but not to expect any delivery's of cars until the end of the year, September at the best. So that's a bit disappointing.
Just NO way is this true.. they won’t miss out on delivery’s for summer as people will go off the boil by September!

Was going to be a Jan release with March/April delivery’s but COVID lockdown again! So they probably right in saying early February release with first cars being seen May/June.
I was told the same on Friday and that the GTS is in a similar position with the suggestion it was due to Porsche focusing on volume models to protect revenues throughout the year. Be interested to hear if anyone else has heard anything similar or different.

GTSJOE

245 posts

117 months

Sunday 10th January
quotequote all
I spoke to my local OPC last week, GT3 still expected to launched end of January. First cars in the UK May at the earliest. He did say there may be a few batches being released, expecting 3-4 batches, production numbers will be higher than 991GT3

MDMA .

6,216 posts

65 months

Thursday 21st January
quotequote all

Koln-RS

3,344 posts

176 months

Thursday 21st January
quotequote all
What a mess frown

I remember when Porsche made pretty cars


Edited by Koln-RS on Thursday 21st January 20:54

992_GT3

286 posts

3 months

Thursday 21st January
quotequote all
Koln-RS said:
What a mess frown
What’s the source, is it accurate?

That’s different to the one shown to Chris Harris - the black plastic at the rear, in particular.

av185

13,141 posts

91 months

Thursday 21st January
quotequote all
Koln-RS said:
What a mess frown
Unfortunately I tend to agree.

Assuming that is the finished car.

Blingy ott immediately springs to mind.

The initial derogatory comments regarding that wing and bonnet scoops hold true.

992_GT3

286 posts

3 months

Thursday 21st January
quotequote all
av185 said:
Unfortunately I tend to agree.

Assuming that is the finished car.

Blingy ott immediately springs to mind.

The initial derogatory comments regarding that wing and bonnet scoops hold true.
Photoshop, I reckon. Doesn’t look as good as the car revealed to Chris Harris.

Anyway, you can’t see the outside when you’re driving it!
;D

2010spy

1,799 posts

128 months

Thursday 21st January
quotequote all
It won't look like this at the back. It definitely won't have the standard rear vents and reverse light like the 992.