Cayman R Chat

Author
Discussion

Gixxerdave

22 posts

14 months

Tuesday 7th May
quotequote all
Obviously , I’m with Frayz on the wheels.
Looks more purposeful , aggressive.
The stainless rimmed wheels are a thing of beauty though , and they do photograph well.

Gixxerdave

22 posts

14 months

Tuesday 7th May
quotequote all
Obviously , I’m with Frayz on the wheels.
Looks more purposeful , aggressive.
The stainless rimmed wheels are a thing of beauty though , and they do photograph well.

dirtbiker

378 posts

107 months

Tuesday 7th May
quotequote all
I really need to stop reading this thread - missing mine a lot! Ah well, better to have loved and lost and all that!

Don't suppose the new owner is on here? Peridot green with the usual desirable options (except for having a rear wiper) that was sold at DT Sportscars a couple of months ago...

frayz

1,097 posts

100 months

Tuesday 7th May
quotequote all
Gixxerdave said:
Hi Gary
Hope you’re enjoying the car?
Don’t forget , every time you take it out you need to spend the equivalent amount of time polishing it before wrapping it up in the garage.??????

Dave
This is true, one wash per journey is the reccomeneded Cayman R cleaning cycle biggrin

Mogsmex

171 posts

176 months

Tuesday 7th May
quotequote all
frayz said:
Really prefer the all black wheels rather than with the silver rim the OEM black finish wheels have.
you now must leave redcard

Advertisement

frayz

1,097 posts

100 months

Tuesday 7th May
quotequote all
Mogsmex said:
you now must leave redcard
Haha, we've had this convo before biggrin

freedman

4,334 posts

148 months

Tuesday 7th May
quotequote all
Gixxerdave said:
Hi Gary
Hope you’re enjoying the car?
Don’t forget , every time you take it out you need to spend the equivalent amount of time polishing it before wrapping it up in the garage.??????

Dave
Hi Dave, yes, loving it so far. Looking forward to taking it on track soon

Yes, it got a nice wash before I put it away on Sunday!! nice and easy, water just runs off that finish

Edited by freedman on Tuesday 7th May 17:44

Slippydiff

10,332 posts

164 months

Tuesday 7th May
quotequote all
Gixxerdave said:
Obviously , I’m with Frayz on the wheels.
Looks more purposeful , aggressive.
The stainless rimmed wheels are a thing of beauty though , and they do photograph well.
Well yes, if you like your wheels to blend seamlessly into your tyres, black wheels do look absolutely awesome.

Oh hold on ...



Did I say absolutely awesome, sorry, I meant chavvy, naff and generally look like something you'd expect to see on a vehicle used by retailers of recreational pharmaceuticals. Each to their own eh smile

Stainless rims ??? scratchchinscratchchinscratchchin Maybe some BBS wheels, but not the OE Cayman R Spyder items.










Edited by Slippydiff on Tuesday 7th May 18:42

PaulD86

800 posts

67 months

Wednesday 8th May
quotequote all
My wheels were supposed to be off to be converted from black faced to silver this month but over £3k of unexpected bills (none for the Cayman I might add) has put that temporarily on hold.

I want my car to look like how Porsche launched the R. The perfect colour combo for it IMHO.


frayz

1,097 posts

100 months

Wednesday 8th May
quotequote all
PaulD86 said:
My wheels were supposed to be off to be converted from black faced to silver this month but over £3k of unexpected bills (none for the Cayman I might add) has put that temporarily on hold.

I want my car to look like how Porsche launched the R. The perfect colour combo for it IMHO.

Agreed, but then I would say that. biggrin

FTW

215 posts

117 months

Wednesday 8th May
quotequote all
frayz said:
PaulD86 said:
My wheels were supposed to be off to be converted from black faced to silver this month but over £3k of unexpected bills (none for the Cayman I might add) has put that temporarily on hold.

I want my car to look like how Porsche launched the R. The perfect colour combo for it IMHO.

Agreed, but then I would say that. biggrin
How cruel posting that picture! I wish mine was that spec! Dam the secondhand market.

davidc1

679 posts

103 months

Wednesday 8th May
quotequote all
Nice peridot R at brands this evening. Such a nice colour. Anyone on here?

ajondyh

460 posts

65 months

Wednesday 8th May
quotequote all
I prefer to keep mine the way they came from factory painted black with the grey inside and silver rim high lite it keeps the car factory and in my opinion more valuable/desirable as that is how they were. I like it too wink

frayz

1,097 posts

100 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
Took mine for its bi-yearly service yesterday to RPM Technik and what a day to choose!
I jest about PDK, saying "paddles are for canoes". However yesterday i really think i needed those paddles, and a wet suit!
The rain both there and back was appaling, and standing water on sticky rubber was no fun at all. Never the less, its fully serviced buit filthy, so going to be a full couple of days to get it back clean underneath again.
One thing i did have while there was to have the chrono clock turned on to illuminate with the dash lights which looks much better now, as to me this was always odd being off when the rest of the dash was illuminated.

Randomly, bumped into touring car legend Tim Harvey who popped in for a nose around the showroom/workshop. Ended up having about a 90 min chat with him one to one over a cuppa about all things Porsche, racing, his personal cars and the future of the automotive industry. I have to say, what a thoroughly nice bloke he is. Still so excited by cars and driving, and still has that "kid is a sweet shop" type of excitment when discussing it all.

He was nagging me for a photo so naturally i didnt disappoint biggrin







Edited by frayz on Thursday 9th May 08:09

Slippydiff

10,332 posts

164 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
TH just being modest ? I think/thought he works with RPMT on the chassis development for their CSR range.

frayz

1,097 posts

100 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
Slippydiff said:
TH just being modest ? I think/thought he works with RPMT on the chassis development for their CSR range.
Yeah youre right, he does alot of work with them on their vehicle setup and track tuition.
I had no idea he was popping in and neither did they it would seem. Just nice to get the opportuity to talk to him really.

He daily drives a silver 991.2 GT3 comfort with steel brakes, comfort seats and manual box which was nice to see smile

Edited by frayz on Thursday 9th May 10:43

Moospeed

392 posts

206 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
freedman said:
...
Ad on Autotrader is even worse than the 52k car, with the only option being to call them about it to find out anything at all
...
Apologies for the daft question but didn't know if this was referring to 52k miles or pounds? Just been scrolling through this thread wondering if there was any mention of this one (56k miles but may have been advertised for a while and increased. A lot.); https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

Genuine question; is a sub-£35k Cayman R likely to be opening a can of worms? Need of suspension refresh, falling apart, other shadiness, etc. ?



frayz

1,097 posts

100 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
Moospeed said:
Apologies for the daft question but didn't know if this was referring to 52k miles or pounds? Just been scrolling through this thread wondering if there was any mention of this one (56k miles but may have been advertised for a while and increased. A lot.); https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

Genuine question; is a sub-£35k Cayman R likely to be opening a can of worms? Need of suspension refresh, falling apart, other shadiness, etc. ?
Got more miles than most of the other garage queens, but looks bloody cheap for the car.
If you want PDK and it checks out straight, go fo it. Its a hell of a lot of car for the money.

ClioTrophy55

190 posts

41 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
davidc1 said:
Nice peridot R at brands this evening. Such a nice colour. Anyone on here?
The one on the track was me, the one parked up near the garages was a London region member. Unfortunately we didn't get chance get the cars next to each other and do the obligatory full spec comparison. Both Peridot, buckets, PDK.

freedman

4,334 posts

148 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
Moospeed said:
Apologies for the daft question but didn't know if this was referring to 52k miles or pounds? Just been scrolling through this thread wondering if there was any mention of this one (56k miles but may have been advertised for a while and increased. A lot.); https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

Genuine question; is a sub-£35k Cayman R likely to be opening a can of worms? Need of suspension refresh, falling apart, other shadiness, etc. ?
It was referencing the price, not mileage (car at Bolton OPC)

The 53000 mile car in Exeter has been on sale for ages but seems like an absolute bargain