Cayman R Chat

Author
Discussion

Fizzbomb

397 posts

45 months

Friday 4th March 2016
quotequote all
I have none left, I think I took it a little too far, however I can recall how easy it was at one stage to buy them without having to pay crazy prices for them.
Dan911 said:
How many and what specs do you have now?

Dan911

2,441 posts

146 months

Saturday 5th March 2016
quotequote all
ZP said:
For £50k I'd want half those miles
Mine has that spec plus Xenons, and under half the miles if you're looking yum lol

J-P

Original Poster:

3,885 posts

144 months

Saturday 5th March 2016
quotequote all
Dan911 said:
ZP said:
For £50k I'd want half those miles
Mine has that spec plus Xenons, and under half the miles if you're looking yum lol
Mine hasn't got xenons or sports chrono (I might get that at the next service) and only 12,000mls. Only I've owned it since new. I'm loving it though. I'm going to get MPSC2s for it this year, which should add something.

fridaypassion

4,328 posts

166 months

Saturday 5th March 2016
quotequote all
I've had a semi serious offer of 40k for my S today. That was a turn up for the books.

Still aint sellin biggrin

J-P

Original Poster:

3,885 posts

144 months

Sunday 6th March 2016
quotequote all
Has anybody changed their tyres on their R yet? Mine don't need it from a tread depth perspective but at 4 years old I think they are well past their best. What tyres did you go for if you have changed and what's your view on how it impacted the car?
Advertisement

Porsche911R

16,242 posts

203 months

Sunday 6th March 2016
quotequote all
J-P said:
Has anybody changed their tyres on their R yet? Mine don't need it from a tread depth perspective but at 4 years old I think they are well past their best. What tyres did you go for if you have changed and what's your view on how it impacted the car?
you know the answer to this already :-)

PSS or if you want to make it more summer track bias CUP 2's but I would stay with PSS unless fitting adjustable LCA.

J-P

Original Poster:

3,885 posts

144 months

Sunday 6th March 2016
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
J-P said:
Has anybody changed their tyres on their R yet? Mine don't need it from a tread depth perspective but at 4 years old I think they are well past their best. What tyres did you go for if you have changed and what's your view on how it impacted the car?
you know the answer to this already :-)

PSS or if you want to make it more summer track bias CUP 2's but I would stay with PSS unless fitting adjustable LCA.
I want MPSC2s on mine as I've heard such good things about them. Also keen to understand what others have done though and their views. The Potenzas are hard wearing but pretty naff in my view.

jayxx83

280 posts

134 months

Sunday 6th March 2016
quotequote all
Went on a passenger ride in a Cayman s with cup2 around the ring last year. Thing was bolted to the floor.

Even taking people on the outside on off camber corners the thing was stuck. Highly recommended. B2G lap time was 8.20 with lots of traffic.

Scottb81

239 posts

94 months

Sunday 6th March 2016
quotequote all
Captain James T said:
Scottb81 said:
I love my Cayman R and it is superb to drive. Its white, manual, bucket seats, chrono with spyder wheels. Also has AC which is a must.

Fantastic car and a dream to drive.

Is this its twin?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2016...
That is its twin with another 9k on the clock...... Great car and am looking forward to the weather getting better

Captain James T

579 posts

146 months

Sunday 6th March 2016
quotequote all
Plenty out there with PDK and no bucket seats, which surely means yours is going to be the most sought after in the future, so best KEEP IT smile

edc

7,301 posts

189 months

Sunday 6th March 2016
quotequote all
In warm dry weather the Pilot Sport Cup 2 is night and day difference to something like Pilot Sport 2 and similar.

MDT48

388 posts

132 months

Monday 7th March 2016
quotequote all
I didn't really expect the 718 to have much impact on Cayman R values, but if they're rising I'm happy with that, regardless of the reason.

Mine's five years old this month - had it from new and it has under 7,000 miles on the clock.

Of course I have no intention of selling, so the rising value is somewhat moot - may treat it to a set of Cup 2s before track day season starts :-)

tracydeedance

523 posts

117 months

Monday 7th March 2016
quotequote all
7000 miles is nothing at all if in someone's desired spec looking around price is circa 46/48k at the moment.
As you say not selling so irrelevant.
Enjoy get a few more miles on and smile.

Dan911

2,441 posts

146 months

Monday 7th March 2016
quotequote all
tracydeedance said:
7000 miles is nothing at all if in someone's desired spec looking around price is circa 46/48k at the moment.
As you say not selling so irrelevant.
Enjoy get a few more miles on and smile.
With prices as they are, 7,000 miles correct spec (Man, Buckets, Chrono, Spyders and PSE) could break £50k easy. Don't forget the 29,000 mile one at £49k!!

tracydeedance

523 posts

117 months

Monday 7th March 2016
quotequote all
[quote=Dan911]

With prices as they are, 7,000 miles correct spec (Man, Buckets, Chrono, Spyders and PSE) could break £50k easy. Don't forget the 29,000 mile one at £49k!! [/quote

True

MDT48

388 posts

132 months

Monday 7th March 2016
quotequote all
Dan911 said:
With prices as they are, 7,000 miles correct spec (Man, Buckets, Chrono, Spyders and PSE) could break £50k easy. Don't forget the 29,000 mile one at £49k!!
Yep it's manual with buckets, PSE and spyder alloys. Has sports button but no wart - hated the wart on my 997 so went for retro fit to avoid it.

But I didn't spec AC on mine - never used it in my 911, so saw no reason to add the weight or cost. Will probably put many buyers off, but I'm not selling, so I don't care :-)

Porsche911R

16,242 posts

203 months

Monday 7th March 2016
quotequote all
Dan911 said:
With prices as they are, 7,000 miles correct spec (Man, Buckets, Chrono, Spyders and PSE) could break £50k easy. Don't forget the 29,000 mile one at £49k!!
the issue with £50k is cars like this and the spec this car has for the same money.
http://www.jzmporsche.com/porsche-for-sale/cayman/...

a 981 with buckets, PCCB, manual for £47k

or a 5 year old Cayman R, I have been looking for one but think £40/43k with 2 years OPC warranty is the right money but sub 10k miles and full spec.
Like the lei OPC car with every thing, 1 owner 7k miles, 2 years warranty they offered me at £43 last week, but I uummmmm to long and a day later it was sold.

Hard to part with £50k for a 30k miles 5 year old one, for me anyway even though the R is one of, if not the best cars I have owned.

edc

7,301 posts

189 months

Monday 7th March 2016
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
the issue with £50k is cars like this and the spec this car has for the same money.
http://www.jzmporsche.com/porsche-for-sale/cayman/...

a 981 with buckets, PCCB, manual for £47k

or a 5 year old Cayman R, I have been looking for one but think £40/43k with 2 years OPC warranty is the right money but sub 10k miles and full spec.
Like the lei OPC car with every thing, 1 owner 7k miles, 2 years warranty they offered me at £43 last week, but I uummmmm to long and a day later it was sold.

Hard to part with £50k for a 30k miles 5 year old one, for me anyway even though the R is one of, if not the best cars I have owned.
If that car had the sports chassis/X73 then that must be the most R like 981 you could get.

Porsche911R

16,242 posts

203 months

Monday 7th March 2016
quotequote all
edc said:
If that car had the sports chassis/X73 then that must be the most R like 981 you could get.
you can buy it for £1.5k and fit it.

boxsey

3,287 posts

148 months

Monday 7th March 2016
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
Dan911 said:
With prices as they are, 7,000 miles correct spec (Man, Buckets, Chrono, Spyders and PSE) could break £50k easy. Don't forget the 29,000 mile one at £49k!!
the issue with £50k is cars like this and the spec this car has for the same money.
http://www.jzmporsche.com/porsche-for-sale/cayman/...

a 981 with buckets, PCCB, manual for £47k

or a 5 year old Cayman R, I have been looking for one but think £40/43k with 2 years OPC warranty is the right money but sub 10k miles and full spec.
Like the lei OPC car with every thing, 1 owner 7k miles, 2 years warranty they offered me at £43 last week, but I uummmmm to long and a day later it was sold.

Hard to part with £50k for a 30k miles 5 year old one, for me anyway even though the R is one of, if not the best cars I have owned.
+1 OPCs are trying it on at the moment by uplifting the price of any of the Rs they have in stock. My guess is that they're doing this on the back of the 'overs' some are paying for a GT4. I too have £40/£43K for the right car and don't even want a low miler. And agree that a private sale has to be a little lower than a main dealer.

I've already been thinking that I might just settle for a nicely specced 987S (PDK, sports seats and paddles) and save a load of cash to spend on petrol. biggrin