718 GTS waiting list/orders/ Chat

718 GTS waiting list/orders/ Chat

Author
Discussion

BE57JAM

305 posts

8 months

Wednesday 7th March
quotequote all
Yeah fair enough. How are VW rapped up in this?

theodore12

10 posts

8 months

Wednesday 7th March
quotequote all
VW Finance = Porsche / Audi / Skoda / Bentley Finance. Same company.

BE57JAM

305 posts

8 months

Wednesday 7th March
quotequote all
theodore12 said:
VW Finance = Porsche / Audi / Skoda / Bentley Finance. Same company.
Apologies, I meant are you buying through an OPC? Regardless it sounds like an amazing deal (unless your mileage is something like 3 miles p/a lol

theodore12

10 posts

8 months

Wednesday 7th March
quotequote all
Buying though an OPC - if the means an offical Porsche dealership

undred orse

597 posts

130 months

Friday 16th March
quotequote all
Well mine is back at the OPC on a trailer. I've done 300 miles and had it 2 weeks and its got an oil leak.

Don't know yet and won't until next week what is wrong with it or how long it will take to fix.

Gutted doesn't cover it.
Advertisement

Jimmckay67

76 posts

78 months

Friday 16th March
quotequote all
undred orse said:
Well mine is back at the OPC on a trailer. I've done 300 miles and had it 2 weeks and its got an oil leak.

Don't know yet and won't until next week what is wrong with it or how long it will take to fix.

Gutted doesn't cover it.
Sorry to hear that .
As long as they don't give you one of these rubbishy old 6 cylinder jobs as a courtesy car you'll be ok.
Weather still crap so not missing much with it.

undred orse

597 posts

130 months

Friday 16th March
quotequote all
Not that good! I've got a M-B C Class which is a very good and capable car if either you are on the motorway all day,have no interest in cars or a very high boredom threshold. I frankly do not have enough years potentially left to be driving something like that anymore than I absolutely have to.

Whilst the weather is poor I would still have been out and about and looking forward to another weekend of cleaning and waxing the Gts before a run out on Sunday. Feeling really down about it now and a lingering concern about exactly what it is,how bad it is and if there are any long term issues.

alan718s

Original Poster:

175 posts

33 months

Friday 16th March
quotequote all
undred orse said:
Well mine is back at the OPC on a trailer. I've done 300 miles and had it 2 weeks and its got an oil leak.

Don't know yet and won't until next week what is wrong with it or how long it will take to fix.

Gutted doesn't cover it.
My friend who has a warranty job on his R8. New engine and it has a oil, going back infor another new engine that will take ages!

undred orse

597 posts

130 months

Friday 16th March
quotequote all
alan718s said:
undred orse said:
Well mine is back at the OPC on a trailer. I've done 300 miles and had it 2 weeks and its got an oil leak.

Don't know yet and won't until next week what is wrong with it or how long it will take to fix.

Gutted doesn't cover it.
My friend who has a warranty job on his R8. New engine and it has a oil, going back infor another new engine that will take ages!
Thanks for your kind and reassuring words! Feeling a lot more upbeat now! wink

WG

609 posts

60 months

Friday 16th March
quotequote all
Sorry to hear about your troubles but in all probability it is something small - loose/broken seal or similar. I remember I had one of the first 986 Boxsters back in 1997 and it dumped all its power steering fluid over my (brand new !) drive. Had the embarrassment of neighbours watching it being taken away on a tow truck (though most thought I was taking it to a show !). That turned out to be a simple "O" ring. That was the one and only issue I had with the car.

Good luck - and you can have the excitement of getting it (returned) all over again !!

Jimmckay67

76 posts

78 months

Friday 16th March
quotequote all
undred orse said:
Not that good! I've got a M-B C Class which is a very good and capable car if either you are on the motorway all day,have no interest in cars or a very high boredom threshold. I frankly do not have enough years potentially left to be driving something like that anymore than I absolutely have to.

Whilst the weather is poor I would still have been out and about and looking forward to another weekend of cleaning and waxing the Gts before a run out on Sunday. Feeling really down about it now and a lingering concern about exactly what it is,how bad it is and if there are any long term issues.
You can reject within 30 days of original delivery if you really don't fancy it after that.

Jimmckay67

76 posts

78 months

Friday 16th March
quotequote all
Maybe worth using that to at least get into something decent in the meantime

S666SBD

105 posts

162 months

Friday 16th March
quotequote all
I had a problem with my new 981S within one week of collection ...... Trailered off the Motorway by Porsche Assist / AA .
OPC found on inspection that the undertray had a missing bolt causing a horrendous flapping noise over 20 mph .

I asked the AA Recovery man about the cars he usually had to rescue ..... In 20 years he had never had to rescue a Porsche and 90% of his weekly rescues were Mercedes and the remaining 10% Audi / BMW .

Needless to say the OPC offered me a Courtesy Boxster and a First Service FREE .... provided I kept my mouth shut !
As this was 2 years ago and now replaced by the GTS I feel as though i can tell all .

My advice is to haggle with your OPC

Edited by S666SBD on Friday 16th March 16:42

undred orse

597 posts

130 months

Monday 19th March
quotequote all
Still without the car, still gutted and waiting for news as to what the cause of the oil leak is.

Just wondering if anyone is aware of any similar problems on other 718s?

bob2146

201 posts

8 months

Wednesday 4th April
quotequote all
Did they manage to fix the car undred ? What was it ? Hope all is well.

undred orse

597 posts

130 months

Wednesday 4th April
quotequote all
Well it turned out to be a seal which required a lot of work to get at,including the engine being dropped or taken out and a replacement or partially rebuilt transmission. I just wasn’t happy with this, so much as it has upset me I rejected the car and got my money back.

The OPC were very good about it and I think appreciated how gutted I was about it. With that amount of work I just wouldn’t have been happy with the car afterwards.

Hopefully it’s a one off and nobody else will have a problem.

tedblog

354 posts

14 months

Wednesday 4th April
quotequote all
undred orse said:
Well it turned out to be a seal which required a lot of work to get at,including the engine being dropped or taken out and a replacement or partially rebuilt transmission. I just wasn’t happy with this, so much as it has upset me I rejected the car and got my money back.

The OPC were very good about it and I think appreciated how gutted I was about it. With that amount of work I just wouldn’t have been happy with the car afterwards.

Hopefully it’s a one off and nobody else will have a problem.
It is easy to drop the engine on these cars so not major and im sure they put it back together like new, after all they are quite well trained these days?

BE57JAM

305 posts

8 months

Wednesday 4th April
quotequote all
undred orse said:
Well it turned out to be a seal which required a lot of work to get at,including the engine being dropped or taken out and a replacement or partially rebuilt transmission. I just wasn’t happy with this, so much as it has upset me I rejected the car and got my money back.

The OPC were very good about it and I think appreciated how gutted I was about it. With that amount of work I just wouldn’t have been happy with the car afterwards.

Hopefully it’s a one off and nobody else will have a problem.
I would have done the same. How did you approach the topic?

Dyffed

104 posts

31 months

Friday 6th April
quotequote all
Sorry to hear of your disappointment. Have you ordered anything to replace it ?

alan718Gts

Original Poster:

175 posts

33 months

Monday 14th May
quotequote all
I thought i drop a message to update you guys that i collected my car. So far 3 days and 200 miles now. Loved every thing about it. Standard headlight is plenty bright enough, Standard sound system is quite bass-sy and have a good clarity. A very good stock system, with bose you get more of depth and 3D sound and clarity. The engine sound is different to all my previous cars and i’m starting to get used to it and it’s making me smile, the power on this thing brings me smiles, Corner in and hit to 5k rmp( needed to back off as the car need to be kept under 4k rpm) that gave me a big smile, really wanted to keep pushing all the way to red line. It’s such a fun car , power and handling wise!