Which 718 ?

Which 718 ?

Author
Discussion

Twinfan

3,982 posts

49 months

Monday 26th August
quotequote all
FTW said:
Does the entire 718 range now come with GPF so no more pops and bangs?
Correct. No pops and bangs with any new Porsche any more as far as I'm aware.

Cheib

16,784 posts

120 months

Monday 26th August
quotequote all
FTW said:
Cayman T with audio delete, buckets, alcantara dash. Great second car.
I wouldn’t buy a T at the moment TBH....IF the six cylinder comes out anywhere who wants a Boxster or Cayman aimed at the more focused driver will buy the 6 cylinder.

130R

6,012 posts

151 months

Monday 26th August
quotequote all
Cheib said:
I wouldn’t buy a T at the moment TBH....IF the six cylinder comes out anywhere who wants a Boxster or Cayman aimed at the more focused driver will buy the 6 cylinder.
Don't listen to this nonsense. The T is a great car and if a 6 cylinder 718 does turn up it will be at a much higher price point.

Edit to add: there is a good video of the Boxster T here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kexVpg8Gdt8

Edited by 130R on Monday 26th August 21:53

Riverside Red

893 posts

80 months

Tuesday 27th August
quotequote all
hixster said:
New 6 cylinder one coming out next year, I’d wait for that. ( I am)
Me too....

RR

tedblog

556 posts

25 months

Tuesday 27th August
quotequote all
Cheib said:
I wouldn’t buy a T at the moment TBH....IF the six cylinder comes out anywhere who wants a Boxster or Cayman aimed at the more focused driver will buy the 6 cylinder.
Im wondering why it will be more focused ermm i think they are going to call it the 718 6 touring. Possibility theres a clue in the name and the fact it will be more expensive than the 718 gts and wont sound like the 981 if thats ya thing.

Twinfan

3,982 posts

49 months

Tuesday 27th August
quotequote all
Touring isn't in the name, it'll be a 718-6 according to the rumours.

As for price, I agree. It'll be expensive.

Riverside Red

893 posts

80 months

Tuesday 27th August
quotequote all
Twinfan said:
Touring isn't in the name, it'll be a 718-6 according to the rumours.

As for price, I agree. It'll be expensive.
But less than a Spyder or GT4, and available to the plebs of the Porsche world. (Hopefully).

When I spec up a 718 Box GTS it comes out North of £75k which is way too much for an agricultural 4 cylinder....

As for sound it'll be different to the 718 and 981 but for me it'll be the drive and the fact that it's naturally aspirated which will be a real USP.

RR

tedblog

556 posts

25 months

Tuesday 27th August
quotequote all
Twinfan said:
Touring isn't in the name, it'll be a 718-6 according to the rumours.

As for price, I agree. It'll be expensive.
All rumours but it doesnt help them when a dealer principal spoke about the 718 touring to a customer.who knows ?

Blink982

462 posts

49 months

Tuesday 27th August
quotequote all
The Livster said:
Considering a 718 , which one and why do you consider best?? Not looking for arguments just opinions thanks
GTS if you have the budget, if not the base or T. Gearbox depending = your choice. They're both good. Wheel upgrade to 19's min, cruise, rear parking sensors, climate (air con is fine but I prefer set and forget) as I would expect most cars to have these. I also added heated seats, multi-function wheel, auto mirrors/wipers and a few trinkets like coloured seatbelts.

I test drove the S and didn't think the extra cost was warranted over the base model.

Enjoy your new car.

hixster

298 posts

162 months

Tuesday 27th August
quotequote all
tedblog said:
All rumours but it doesnt help them when a dealer principal spoke about the 718 touring to a customer.who knows ?
I just sold my 981s back to Porsche on Friday. As we were doing the paper work, they said they could 'help me get into' the new 6 cylinder next year
and that 500 units are coming to the UK.

I said i'd love to.


AJB88

4,212 posts

116 months

Wednesday 28th August
quotequote all
718 6 cylinder with gpf is going to sound pants compared to a 981 6 cylinder though in all fairness.

Dr S

4,333 posts

171 months

Wednesday 28th August
quotequote all
Twinfan said:
FTW said:
Does the entire 718 range now come with GPF so no more pops and bangs?
Correct. No pops and bangs with any new Porsche any more as far as I'm aware.
This is probably the best news. I find these pops and bangs terribly contrived - but each to their own

Riverside Red

893 posts

80 months

Wednesday 28th August
quotequote all
hixster said:
tedblog said:
All rumours but it doesnt help them when a dealer principal spoke about the 718 touring to a customer.who knows ?
I just sold my 981s back to Porsche on Friday. As we were doing the paper work, they said they could 'help me get into' the new 6 cylinder next year
and that 500 units are coming to the UK.

I said i'd love to.
Which OPC was this, up here in the North East I can't get any sense from the local OPCs so I've given up.....I'll probably travel to the right dealership or buy on line.

RR

Prospective

145 posts

87 months

Wednesday 28th August
quotequote all
The six cylinder Porsche touring, if I was a cynic, will be clever marketing by Porsche if it’s launched!

Budflicker

3,237 posts

129 months

Wednesday 28th August
quotequote all
The Livster said:
Any must have options ??
Yes, a flat 6 engine....

hixster

298 posts

162 months

Wednesday 28th August
quotequote all
Riverside Red said:
Which OPC was this, up here in the North East I can't get any sense from the local OPCs so I've given up.....I'll probably travel to the right dealership or buy on line.

RR
I can't say who it was, but it was said. My understanding is there will be 500 units though.
Letting the 981S go was difficult, but made easier by the prospect of getting into a new car.

Edited by hixster on Wednesday 28th August 22:00

Twinfan

3,982 posts

49 months

Wednesday 28th August
quotequote all
500 would be fewer than a GT car, unless that's just 2020 numbers.

I'd be very surprised if anyone at an OPC knows UK allocation numbers for a car that has yet to be announced.

hixster

298 posts

162 months

Wednesday 28th August
quotequote all
Twinfan said:
500 would be fewer than a GT car, unless that's just 2020 numbers.

I'd be very surprised if anyone at an OPC knows UK allocation numbers for a car that has yet to be announced.
these numbers are for next year. The guy I know has been working in Porsche for over 25+ years, is very well connected.

tedblog

556 posts

25 months

Thursday 29th August
quotequote all
hixster said:
I just sold my 981s back to Porsche on Friday. As we were doing the paper work, they said they could 'help me get into' the new 6 cylinder next year
and that 500 units are coming to the UK.

I said i'd love to.
Thats awfully kind of them . Opposite for me . I needed help getting out! My back was killing me biggrin

tedblog

556 posts

25 months

Thursday 29th August
quotequote all
hixster said:
these numbers are for next year. The guy I know has been working in Porsche for over 25+ years, is very well connected.
Ermm i was told that no idea yet as they are seeing how the market reacts with brexit . The car could be priced out of the market and the last thing want is unsold cars when they could have been left hookers for another country