GT4 RS breaks cover then...

GT4 RS breaks cover then...

Author
Discussion

VH02 AML

95 posts

217 months

Monday 3rd April 2023
quotequote all
J-P said:
London GT3 said:
I ... My letter of intent was sent to Porsche Hatfield on 4th March 2016. I am really grateful to the team at Hatfield for allocating this car to me. I am not a flipper (I only just sold my 2003 996 GT3 RS which I owned since new!) and I have never purchased Porsche cars that I didn't want.
Really pleased for you. This is exactly how it should be but hey never mind!
It's great to hear of your experience. My letter was submitted in 2014, but I have a poor relationship with my local dealer and have since started dealing with a new one on the other side of the country. They play with a straight bat and I'd much rather that than all the smoke and mirrors from my previous dealer.

GT4RS

4,502 posts

200 months

Monday 3rd April 2023
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
rkwm1 said:
TDT said:
Twinfan said:
The chat on Rennlist is that they've had loads of GT4RSs in the US with plenty more to come. If anyone here in the UK wants a car they should probably keep in touch with their OPC and see what happens, you might find one comes your way?
Over 1000 built or in build for US already.
I dont think UK will have anywhere near that. Maybe around 250. How many have opc had now?
Mine have delivered three 4RS' so far including mine and expecting a fourth next month. Its quite a big OPC so a fair reflection of UK deliveries so far.
Shocked they have had 3 already and another due, with the 718 platform staying around for another year or two at that rate they may end up with double figures for deliveries.

Twinfan

10,125 posts

107 months

Monday 3rd April 2023
quotequote all
GT4RS said:
Shocked they have had 3 already and another due, with the 718 platform staying around for another year or two at that rate they may end up with double figures for deliveries.
My OPC has also had two or three, with another due in December...

Taffy66

5,964 posts

105 months

Monday 3rd April 2023
quotequote all
Twinfan said:
GT4RS said:
Shocked they have had 3 already and another due, with the 718 platform staying around for another year or two at that rate they may end up with double figures for deliveries.
My OPC has also had two or three, with another due in December...
I'm guessing the GT4 RS won't be a rare car and 'overs' will reflect this next year. Still an amazing car and the most fun Porsche I've ever driven on Welsh B roads. It feels so much smaller and nimble compared to any 992 I've either owned or driven. The 992 relies a lot on electronics to feel agile such as RAS, E diff etc yet the 4RS just has it in abundance naturally.

Shane O'Neill

26 posts

216 months

Monday 3rd April 2023
quotequote all
My OPC has had 3 cars.They are getting one more this year but
that might be it.

Taffy66

5,964 posts

105 months

Monday 3rd April 2023
quotequote all
Shane O'Neill said:
My OPC has had 3 cars.They are getting one more this year but
that might be it.
They'll build them next year in greater numbers now that 718GT4 builds are about to be ended.

TDT

5,065 posts

122 months

Tuesday 4th April 2023
quotequote all



Quite nice, over at DK Engineering.
1640mls.

Taffy66

5,964 posts

105 months

Tuesday 4th April 2023
quotequote all
TDT said:



Quite nice, over at DK Engineering.
1640mls.
That's got to be my personal fav PTS GT4 RS.

GT4P

5,300 posts

188 months

Tuesday 4th April 2023
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
That's got to be my personal fav PTS GT4 RS.
Now that is a lovely colour and suits the Gt4 very well, unlike some other greens that are not PTS, what is the colour?

Taffy66

5,964 posts

105 months

Tuesday 4th April 2023
quotequote all
GT4P said:
Taffy66 said:
That's got to be my personal fav PTS GT4 RS.
Now that is a lovely colour and suits the Gt4 very well, unlike some other greens that are not PTS, what is the colour?
I'm guessing its Jet Green Metallic but an educated guess at best.

TDT

5,065 posts

122 months

Tuesday 4th April 2023
quotequote all
Yep, Jet Green Metallic

GRD_72

149 posts

62 months

Wednesday 5th April 2023
quotequote all
TDT said:



Quite nice, over at DK Engineering.
1640mls.
That colour accentuates each & every curve perfectly. Stunning.

kmpowell

3,016 posts

231 months

Saturday 15th April 2023
quotequote all
Romans apparently have a 4RS incoming, ‘will be interesting to see who’s car it is and how much they’ll be flipping it for…

jm8403

2,515 posts

28 months

Saturday 15th April 2023
quotequote all
kmpowell said:
Romans apparently have a 4RS incoming, ‘will be interesting to see who’s car it is and how much they’ll be flipping it for…
cant wait

TDT

5,065 posts

122 months

Sunday 16th April 2023
quotequote all
TDT said:
European Prestige have had a black WP car with black Mags up for ages.
This morning… some clearly edited images show a black WP car with silver mags. It looks much much better/ more appealing as it’s a better fit for the more detailed wheel design.
So are reseller now having to get creative to get a bite at these elevated levels?
It’s personally galling to me, but it is what it is.

If this is the actual spec of the car.., and it’s a different car… this is my new favourite spec, just missing PDLS lights.










Even if they have actually changed the wheel colour, you can see part of original yellow PCCB calliper…which is edited black in the pics above. Also factory black callipers have silver Porsche marking




Edited by TDT on Friday 31st March 19:23
So looks like those edited shots were previewing an actually different car… with silver mags, black callipers on steels, AND PDLS lights. It’s perfect, I want it. Lol…





Edited by TDT on Sunday 16th April 03:11

Taffy66

5,964 posts

105 months

Sunday 16th April 2023
quotequote all
I've got Steels and Black calipers on mine and in the few weeks I've had I'm already very impressed with the brakes, at least for road use. However one fly in the ointment is they squeal like a stabbed pig when braking gently at very low speeds eg when coming to a halt at a junction.
It looks like I'm going to get some better brake pads pronto, any suggestions ?

200Plus Club

10,876 posts

281 months

Sunday 16th April 2023
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
I've got Steels and Black calipers on mine and in the few weeks I've had I'm already very impressed with the brakes, at least for road use. However one fly in the ointment is they squeal like a stabbed pig when braking gently at very low speeds eg when coming to a halt at a junction.
It looks like I'm going to get some better brake pads pronto, any suggestions ?
They all do that sir.. you might not get rid of squealing with fast road/trackday compounds.

TDT

5,065 posts

122 months

Sunday 16th April 2023
quotequote all
200Plus Club said:
Taffy66 said:
I've got Steels and Black calipers on mine and in the few weeks I've had I'm already very impressed with the brakes, at least for road use. However one fly in the ointment is they squeal like a stabbed pig when braking gently at very low speeds eg when coming to a halt at a junction.
It looks like I'm going to get some better brake pads pronto, any suggestions ?
They all do that sir.. you might not get rid of squealing with fast road/trackday compounds.
Agree. When I was running steels, I found the OEM pads to be quietest. Changing to anything else made more noise.

They just need a bit of heat, so I always tried to generate some even around town.

Taffy66

5,964 posts

105 months

Sunday 16th April 2023
quotequote all
TDT said:
Agree. When I was running steels, I found the OEM pads to be quietest. Changing to anything else made more noise.

They just need a bit of heat, so I always tried to generate some even around town.
Well at least it'll alert people not to step onto the road in front of me lol

The PCCBs on my other cars are silent in comparison so it must be a Steel brakes thing.

Spyder75

191 posts

65 months

Monday 17th April 2023
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
TDT said:
Agree. When I was running steels, I found the OEM pads to be quietest. Changing to anything else made more noise.

They just need a bit of heat, so I always tried to generate some even around town.
Well at least it'll alert people not to step onto the road in front of me lol

The PCCBs on my other cars are silent in comparison so it must be a Steel brakes thing.
I put rs29’s on Taffy and I wasn’t conscious of them being noisy.. however I’d save yourself the money and put them towards the ST’s…