Premium Offered For My GT4

Premium Offered For My GT4

Author
Discussion

Cheib

17,245 posts

123 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
oo7ml said:
Thanks, I've seen similar things happen in the watch industry too. I renewed my house insurance in the summer, and had to list the value of 2 watches, both which have significantly risen in value over the last number of years... and I had the exact same conversation with the insurer.

I will be insuring the GT4 with the same insurance broker, so will let you know how it turns out, thanks.
You also have to be careful about being under insured on contents policies. Mate of mine got caught with that despite the claim for a burglary being less than the total contents policy..... they only paid a % reflective of the amount they were under insured by. Nightmare keeping an eye on this stuff!

oo7ml

Original Poster:

191 posts

53 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
Yeah, I agree. However, I would be more than happy to have the GT4 valued at the price I pay for it and not at a premium value, however, I did have to argue the true value of my 1986 911 as it was fully restored by the previous owner with over €100k in receipts from previous owners, and I had a receipt for the amount I paid for it backed up by my bank statement. They eventually agreed the true value of the car.

Also, one of the watches I insured has a "5-6 year waiting list", and realistically if i had to replace that watch, I'd have to pay double the price I paid for it, or wait another 5 years.

Mad Scientist

229 posts

27 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
There are going to be hundreds of GT4 remember, no issues getting a replacement if it ends up in a lake. Andreus said so.

NickUSA

615 posts

115 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
Mad Scientist said:
There are going to be hundreds of GT4 remember, no issues getting a replacement if it ends up in a lake. Andreus said so.
We will see ....

JayK12

1,908 posts

150 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
Mad Scientist said:
There are going to be hundreds of GT4 remember, no issues getting a replacement if it ends up in a lake. Andreus said so.
Yup plenty to share, my mate turned down the offer of his, most people can get one for next year, and the market as it is the flippers might take a bit of back seat so great for the enthusiasts.

Twinfan

4,196 posts

52 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
JayK12 said:
Yup plenty to share, my mate turned down the offer of his, most people can get one for next year, and the market as it is the flippers might take a bit of back seat so great for the enthusiasts.
So your mate isn't an enthusiast then laugh

JayK12

1,908 posts

150 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
Twinfan said:
JayK12 said:
Yup plenty to share, my mate turned down the offer of his, most people can get one for next year, and the market as it is the flippers might take a bit of back seat so great for the enthusiasts.
So your mate isn't an enthusiast then laugh
He just isn't really bothered about it, just like me and he loves Porsche cars! Plus he had his first kid. He would prefer a GT3 i think.

olv

64 posts

163 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all

cossers

1,779 posts

88 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
Does anyone think they will have much effect on the 981 gt4 prices as they filter in?

TDT

1,783 posts

67 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
cossers said:
Does anyone think they will have much effect on the 981 gt4 prices as they filter in?
There will likely be a reasonable gap between current 981 prices and flipped 718.
But all prices are coming down.

Get out and buy the one you like/can afford. Drive a hard bargain, as seller will want to make deals.
Then book yourself onto RS day March 6th. and do some driving.

TDT

1,783 posts

67 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
olv said:
I just saw this on IG and came to post the same....not really sure what to think about that.
Capitalism and Market forces I guess. All the best with the sale - hopefully it goes to a driver, as the interior spec looks low... no extended leather or stitching!! - they'll probably never sell it according to some on PH.

chrisABP

961 posts

96 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
olv said:
Boils my piss!

NickUSA

615 posts

115 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
TDT said:
I just saw this on IG and came to post the same....not really sure what to think about that.
Capitalism and Market forces I guess. All the best with the sale - hopefully it goes to a driver, as the interior spec looks low... no extended leather or stitching!! - they'll probably never sell it according to some on PH.
It's not on their website yet, seems £15K (ish) over list. Likely to drive 981 GT4's down in price.

Twinfan

4,196 posts

52 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
chrisABP said:
Boils my piss!
Mine too. Same st different day when it comes to GT allocations it seems.

That car is only a week or two old.

NickUSA

615 posts

115 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
Twinfan said:
chrisABP said:
Boils my piss!
Mine too. Same st different day when it comes to GT allocations it seems.

That car is only a week or two old.
furious waste of an allocation

Taffy66

3,083 posts

50 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
Cheib said:
Definitely not true. The policy I had for my GT3 was that they would pay out up to 50% over invoice price...it was a standard term on that particular insurers policy.
When i insured my new RS with Footman James i insisted it was at an agreed value of £250K despite the list being a much lesser sum of £180K..The underwriters did some due diligence on resale values before agreeing to the higher figure..

TDT

1,783 posts

67 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
NickUSA said:
TDT said:
I just saw this on IG and came to post the same....not really sure what to think about that.
Capitalism and Market forces I guess. All the best with the sale - hopefully it goes to a driver, as the interior spec looks low... no extended leather or stitching!! - they'll probably never sell it according to some on PH.
It's not on their website yet, seems £15K (ish) over list. Likely to drive 981 GT4's down in price.
15k That puts it @90K minimum + spec.

It doesn't have extended leather or stitching. Not a Clubsport and no PCCB.
Can't tell on the seats - purposefully not shown in the pics released so far.

But @ 90K for 'poverty spec' that's a gap back to a 981.

I'm sure AV185 will be along shortly to give us the market update. lol.


Edited by TDT on Friday 15th November 18:24

04BAP

19 posts

4 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
Personally I could give a toss if the new 718 gt4 drives the price down of my old 981 gt4, I wanted one new but couldn't get one so like most paid over list to get in one, I enjoy it for what it is and what its made for ( driving + the odd track day each year)

NickUSA

615 posts

115 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
TDT said:
NickUSA said:
TDT said:
I just saw this on IG and came to post the same....not really sure what to think about that.
Capitalism and Market forces I guess. All the best with the sale - hopefully it goes to a driver, as the interior spec looks low... no extended leather or stitching!! - they'll probably never sell it according to some on PH.
It's not on their website yet, seems £15K (ish) over list. Likely to drive 981 GT4's down in price.
15k That puts it @90K minimum + spec.

It doesn't have extended leather or stitching. Not a Clubsport and no PCCB.
Can't tell on the seats - purposefully not shown in the pics released so far.

But @ 90K for 'poverty spec' that's a gap back to a 981
Seats are not buckets (seen on JZM IG moments)

Mad Scientist

229 posts

27 months

Friday 15th November
quotequote all
That’s got to be the first car from whichever OPC that came from, so went to one of their “best” customers.

Rubbish spec though, so there might be a story.......or a reason...........

Or someone just specced it boggo to make a quick 10k.

Seems a bit silly really