Anyone fitted decals ?

Anyone fitted decals ?

Author
Discussion

IMI A

8,665 posts

168 months

Wednesday 9th June
quotequote all
Just left nos on from last event. People don't even think about messing around on the road when they see the sticker hehe


LunarOne

2,099 posts

104 months

Wednesday 9th June
quotequote all
IMI A said:
Just left nos on from last event. People don't even think about messing around on the road when they see the sticker hehe

I'd have thought the rear arch intakes say "Turbo" and they alone are enough. But if I'd been in an event and hade race numbers on my car, I wouldn't be in a hurry to take them off either. Thing is, if you have an accident and the insurance discovers the decals, would that be classed as an undeclared modification? Side stripes are a factory option so would likely be ignored, while race numbers are definitely not!

MDL111

5,613 posts

144 months

Wednesday 9th June
quotequote all
Not a Boxster but my car has decals (which I actually quite like). Same color on the roof and the rear - will try to find a better pic


MDL111

5,613 posts

144 months

Wednesday 9th June
quotequote all
Blue with a gold line




phazed

19,794 posts

171 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
Koln-RS said:
Just a counter-point.

Stickers are very ‘marmite’. They do divide opinion and many don’t like them, myself included.
Reminiscent of the Halfords ‘go-faster’ stripes that boy racers used to stick on their cars.

Everyone knows it’s a Porsche, doesn’t need it blazened down the sides, and never seen a Porsche that looks better with stripes, (2.7RS the possible exception).

Just IMO, but I’m not the only one.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A bit late I know!

LunarOne

2,099 posts

104 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
phazed said:
Koln-RS said:
Just a counter-point.

Stickers are very ‘marmite’. They do divide opinion and many don’t like them, myself included.
Reminiscent of the Halfords ‘go-faster’ stripes that boy racers used to stick on their cars.

Everyone knows it’s a Porsche, doesn’t need it blazened down the sides, and never seen a Porsche that looks better with stripes, (2.7RS the possible exception).

Just IMO, but I’m not the only one.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A bit late I know!
You'd be surprised how many don't know it's a Porsche. The number of times I've seen people (mostly young kids) pointing at me saying "Look at that Orange Ferrari!" is more than the number of fingers I have on two hands. At least now even the most oblivious parent can say, "no, it's not a Ferrari!". I guess for most little boys, brightly coloured sports car = Ferrari. It still happens, but much less often now!

Upnorthgt3

596 posts

110 months

Friday 25th June
quotequote all
Just ordered a front plate sticker and motorsport door decals from Highgate House - massively impressed by them.

Rang to discuss colours, they sent a load of swatches straight away (literally the next day) and offered advice about how light will affect colour, to try them against the car's base colour when dry/wet/early morning/sunset - could not do enough to help

Looking forward to seeing them now!

Pat H

7,706 posts

223 months

Tuesday 29th June
quotequote all
I recently bought an old Boxster and thought it looked a bit bland and anaemic in plain jane white.

So I stuck some stripes on it to cheer it up a bit.

Personally, I think it's a big improvement, but I appreciate that it's not to everyone's taste.

I suppose it would be boring if we all liked the same thing.






Medic-one

Original Poster:

3,004 posts

170 months

Saturday 3rd July
quotequote all
Pat H said:
I like it, and thinks it look great. Really suits the car!

But then I am a bit biased...


jonny996

2,332 posts

184 months

Saturday 3rd July
quotequote all
Pat H said:
I recently bought an old Boxster and thought it looked a bit bland and anaemic in plain jane white.

So I stuck some stripes on it to cheer it up a bit.

Personally, I think it's a big improvement, but I appreciate that it's not to everyone's taste.

I suppose it would be boring if we all liked the same thing.





Great addition

Johnniem

2,508 posts

190 months

Tuesday 6th July
quotequote all
Medic-one said:
I still like the look of those red decals on that 911 on the first page, so I've bought some and put them on to see what it's like. I quite like the look, but if I change my mind they come off easily and they were only 60 quid so no harm done.







Like that but I suspect it would fit better with the overall look if it were in black. Nice job! Hopefully picking up a nice 987.1 Boxster later this week or early next! Back to the poverty pork fold!

phazed

19,794 posts

171 months

Tuesday 6th July
quotequote all
They may be at the bottom end of Porsche prices but they are a lot of fun and not to be underestimated on track.