Ferrari GTO 2019 Spotted!

Ferrari GTO 2019 Spotted!

Author
Discussion

PrancingHorses

Original Poster:

2,618 posts

162 months

Saturday 13th July 2019
quotequote all
Was driving behind this in Mayfair last night. Looked a bit like an F40 488 love child and was badged GTO. Looked pretty epic IMHO.

Got home and searched and searched and finally found out what it was!










Here is the story behind it:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1123996_britis...

PrancingHorses

Original Poster:

2,618 posts

162 months

Saturday 13th July 2019
quotequote all
fk knows why pics are sideways

4rephill

4,308 posts

133 months

Saturday 13th July 2019
quotequote all
No thanks! - I'll take an original 288GTO over that, every time!

willy wombat

449 posts

103 months

Saturday 13th July 2019
quotequote all
And it’s a “no” from me.

paul13

180 posts

157 months

Tuesday 23rd July 2019
quotequote all
4rephill said:
No thanks! - I'll take an original 288GTO over that, every time!
Me too.

SydneyBridge

5,086 posts

113 months

Tuesday 23rd July 2019
quotequote all
Hideous- no thanks

Camlet

1,116 posts

104 months

Tuesday 23rd July 2019
quotequote all
It's also not a "Ferrari GTO".

An expensive and none too handsome (I'm being polite) homage maybe but absolutely not a Ferrari GTO.

There have been 3 official GTO named variants so far in Ferrari's history, and my guess, there's one just around the corner. But definitely not this.

PrancingHorses

Original Poster:

2,618 posts

162 months

Monday 29th July 2019
quotequote all
Camlet said:
It's also not a "Ferrari GTO".

An expensive and none too handsome (I'm being polite) homage maybe but absolutely not a Ferrari GTO.

There have been 3 official GTO named variants so far in Ferrari's history, and my guess, there's one just around the corner. But definitely not this.
Its an unoffical GTO - wonder if Ferrari would consider legal action against the coach builder...

Slickhillsy

1,769 posts

98 months

Tuesday 30th July 2019
quotequote all
Hideous thing. Looks like it's had the Ferrari parts bin from every era thrown at it.

As Clarkson said of Jordan...

"I can see why they did it, bit of a laugh... ... but they went too far"!

Pericoloso

42,650 posts

118 months

Tuesday 30th July 2019
quotequote all
PrancingHorses said:
Its an unoffical GTO - wonder if Ferrari would consider legal action against the coach builder...
Ferrari don't "own" GTO.

Mitsubishi anyone ?

Picture are on their side because you used "portrait"

Try landscape next time.


Edited by Pericoloso on Tuesday 30th July 13:17

Tuscan Wil

393 posts

141 months

Thursday 8th August 2019
quotequote all
PrancingHorses said:
Its an unoffical GTO - wonder if Ferrari would consider legal action against the coach builder...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quN3NRr96LY