R8 V10+....

Author
Discussion

Woza

Original Poster:

1,251 posts

185 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
Got a hankering for one of these. This seems too good to be true!? Or am I missing something?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

RSbandit

919 posts

81 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
Looks keenly priced alright and a nice spec...for a bit more money you could get into a Mclaren
which is more of an event although the R8 engine is spectacular.

Trev450

5,850 posts

121 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
Can't see any reasons not to like personally, Some may be put off by the number of prevoius owners, but that is not unusual with these type of cars and certainly wouldn't deter me.

Woza

Original Poster:

1,251 posts

185 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
RSbandit said:
Looks keenly priced alright and a nice spec...for a bit more money you could get into a Mclaren
which is more of an event although the R8 engine is spectacular.
A friend of mine had a 540C and the stories have scared me off!!

RSbandit

919 posts

81 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
A warranty seems essential with any Mclaren I've had my 570s a whole 3 weeks and no issues so far!

Gameface

11,008 posts

26 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
Poster asks about an Audi. Mclaren owner starts talking about McLarens. FFS.

Wilmslowboy

2,687 posts

155 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
The R8 V10+ is starting to look good value.

A different proposition to a McLaren, more an alternative to a 991 Turbo S

However, is silver a bit of a dull colour?










br d

7,293 posts

175 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
Gameface said:
Poster asks about an Audi. Mclaren owner starts talking about McLarens. FFS.
rofl

Yeah but you can't say much in the McLaren forum, you'll get sacked!

Car looks sweet OP, would be a very nice Christmas prezzie to yourself!

PSB1

2,096 posts

53 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
Make sure you look carefully into the reputation of the dealer.

LindsayMac

543 posts

151 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
I am also on the hunt for something and the V10 plus has crossed my mind. How can you tell easily if the car is fitted with the optional Magnaride.

I liked the look of this one, anybody know decent knowledgeable vehicle inspector in London. Been looking for a 458 but gettiing one in the right spec, colour and mileage is proving hard. This could keep me amused for a while.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...


BlackR8

278 posts

26 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
The V10+ is looking amazing value for the money now....I can't believe you can get a 2015-2017+ V10 for the same money as a pre-lp or very early LP Gallardo equivalent.


ninepoint2

2,159 posts

109 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
PSB1 said:
Make sure you look carefully into the reputation of the dealer.
+1, look very carefully.

https://www.am-online.com/independents/news/2019/1...

Woza

Original Poster:

1,251 posts

185 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
LindsayMac said:
I am also on the hunt for something and the V10 plus has crossed my mind. How can you tell easily if the car is fitted with the optional Magnaride.

I liked the look of this one, anybody know decent knowledgeable vehicle inspector in London. Been looking for a 458 but gettiing one in the right spec, colour and mileage is proving hard. This could keep me amused for a while.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...
I thought that magnaride was standard?

Woza

Original Poster:

1,251 posts

185 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
ninepoint2 said:
PSB1 said:
Make sure you look carefully into the reputation of the dealer.
+1, look very carefully.

https://www.am-online.com/independents/news/2019/1...
Yikes! They were ‘interesting’ on the phone but that takes the piss a little!!

footsoldier

1,477 posts

141 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
I bought a loaded 2017 spyder (non-plus), for sub £80k last week. 1owner, main dealer.
If you are quick, Audi are doing an offer of 2yrs extended warranty on approved used cars, pre 31/12. (Usually it’s 12 months warranty)
Big bonus, and makes price even better. 3yr service also done before delivery,
If you buy non-approved, it will be be out of warranty.

Edited by footsoldier on Saturday 28th December 19:44

LindsayMac

543 posts

151 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
No the Magnaride was an option.


Woza said:
I thought that magnaride was standard?

Trev450

5,850 posts

121 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
LindsayMac said:
I am also on the hunt for something and the V10 plus has crossed my mind. How can you tell easily if the car is fitted with the optional Magnaride.

I liked the look of this one, anybody know decent knowledgeable vehicle inspector in London. Been looking for a 458 but gettiing one in the right spec, colour and mileage is proving hard. This could keep me amused for a while.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...
If it has magride there will be a switch by the gear selector with a picture of a damper on it.

jakesmith

5,874 posts

120 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
Surely magnetic ride was standard on v10?
I thought the v10 plus was passive? Thought they were the retrofit first failed mag ride owners who didn’t fancy stumping up for a system of questionable reliability?

RSbandit

919 posts

81 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
Gameface said:
Poster asks about an Audi. Mclaren owner starts talking about McLarens. FFS.
Well they arent too far away in cash terms and mid engined so not too dissimilar a product, I had a prev Gen V10 plus which was a great car...anyway not sure why you seem so irked take a chill pill dude.

jakesmith

5,874 posts

120 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all
RSbandit said:
Well they arent too far away in cash terms and mid engined so not too dissimilar a product, I had a prev Gen V10 plus which was a great car...anyway not sure why you seem so irked take a chill pill dude.
One big turnoff with the Macs is a turbo engine and no manual option. These are unavoidable barriers for some

They are also Different ball game in running costs, you’re comparing an Audi that is a few short years old, an established and reputable manufacturer with franchised garages and Indi specialists all over the place, with a new manufacturer’s low volume £200k supercar that is much older, has a distinct lack of specialist garages / pattern part availability, and it seems, questions about reliability, build quality, high part prices etc.

Run an R8 that new you’d be unlikely to spend even £2k a year on it. Unlikely many would say the same for a 12C, most on here say warranty is essential, that’s £4K a year plus servicing / wear parts on top.

Not having a pop, I’d like to own one and probably will soon especially as they are much more affordable and discreet than the Italian efforts but they are a very different ownership proposition to an R8