Retro-fitting Cruise Control to 458

Retro-fitting Cruise Control to 458

Author
Discussion

RT964

Original Poster:

256 posts

34 months

Thursday 9th July
quotequote all
I'm thinking of getting the cruise control/pit speed limiter retro-fitted when the car is in for it's next service. Have been quoted £1750 by the dealer for this and wondered if that's the going rate ?

johnnyreggae

2,460 posts

116 months

Thursday 9th July
quotequote all
Part used to be under a grand so another grand to fit seems unlikely

Fast Eddie

184 posts

201 months

Thursday 9th July
quotequote all
Unfamiliar with the 458 controls and steering wheel but do they fit a new wheel?
I wanted to do this on my Huracan and the garage quoted about £2.5k. Surprisingly, I'm doing without it at the mo :-)

RT964

Original Poster:

256 posts

34 months

Thursday 9th July
quotequote all
Fast Eddie said:
Unfamiliar with the 458 controls and steering wheel but do they fit a new wheel?
I wanted to do this on my Huracan and the garage quoted about £2.5k. Surprisingly, I'm doing without it at the mo :-)
No, not a new wheel, just a couple of extra buttons to the right of the steering wheel on one of the dashboard "pods".

oharedm

104 posts

225 months

Friday 10th July
quotequote all
I had Cruse retrofitted to my 458 when I first got the car 3 years ago. I booked it back into Dick Lovett's, I cannot remember the price but it was very reasonable, I could look up the bill. The main point is they quoted me 2hrs to do it as per Ferrari's workshop manual, they had never done one before.

Anyway it took the Master Tech all morning, the Ferrari's workshop manual time was for a left hand car, the plug-in for the wiring is on the opposite side, so he ended up needing to take of the whole binnacle off. They honoured their quotation and were going to have a "conversation" with Ferrari UK to claim some hours and get workshop manual updated.

I also enquired about retro-fittimg TPMS, it is possible but Ferrari needs to check your build number against the build sheet. It turns out my car does not have the correct wring loom for a TPMS retro-fit.

5050

262 posts

102 months

Sunday 12th July
quotequote all
I had cruise retrofitted on mine quite recently, just under £700 all in by Colchester Ferrari. Wish I’d done it years ago, it’s so much better on a motorway cruise now.

Order66

6,250 posts

205 months

Sunday 12th July
quotequote all
RT964 said:
I'm thinking of getting the cruise control/pit speed limiter retro-fitted when the car is in for it's next service. Have been quoted £1750 by the dealer for this and wondered if that's the going rate ?
No. I had it done this week at a Ferrari Dealer - £890 inc VAT.

The part number you need is 262397 which you can buy from Eurospares for around £630. It should be a couple of hours labour on-top to fit the panel then do the software update.

Edited by Order66 on Sunday 12th July 19:52

RT964

Original Poster:

256 posts

34 months

Monday 13th July
quotequote all
5050 said:
I had cruise retrofitted on mine quite recently, just under £700 all in by Colchester Ferrari. Wish I’d done it years ago, it’s so much better on a motorway cruise now.
Thanks for the tip - will give them a call and see if they are still able to do it for that price.

RT964

Original Poster:

256 posts

34 months

Monday 13th July
quotequote all
Order66 said:
No. I had it done this week at a Ferrari Dealer - £890 inc VAT.

The part number you need is 262397 which you can buy from Eurospares for around £630. It should be a couple of hours labour on-top to fit the panel then do the software update.

Edited by Order66 on Sunday 12th July 19:52
That's also a much better price than I was quoted. Can you let me know which dealer this was (either on here or PM).

Cheers.

Order66

6,250 posts

205 months

Monday 13th July
quotequote all
RT964 said:
That's also a much better price than I was quoted. Can you let me know which dealer this was (either on here or PM).

Cheers.
From looking at your profile, the one furthest away from you....

RT964

Original Poster:

256 posts

34 months

Monday 13th July
quotequote all
Order66 said:
From looking at your profile, the one furthest away from you....
Ha ha, always the way - guessing GP Edinburgh then.

MingtheMerciless

328 posts

165 months

Monday 13th July
quotequote all
I had it done by Charles Hurst in Belfast. I can't remember the amount but I think it was only £500 + VAT.

I'm not sure how to use it though frown

Order66

6,250 posts

205 months

Monday 13th July
quotequote all
MingtheMerciless said:
I had it done by Charles Hurst in Belfast. I can't remember the amount but I think it was only £500 + VAT.

I'm not sure how to use it though frown
Don;t think you'll get it anywhere near that price these days, as the part alone is over £600....

Hold the button to enable the system. Then once up to the speed you want (or thereabouts) press the button to "set" the speed - you can then twist left/right to speed up or slow down - either a quick twist to move 1mph or hold down and it'll start to accelerate, and let go when you're happy with the speed.