Roado Trippo

Author
Discussion

_Leg_

Original Poster:

2,816 posts

214 months

Wednesday 5th June
quotequote all
Bit of Yorkshire Italian there in the title.

Doing a few road trips this year. Thought I would share.

First up. 458 Spider through Holland, Germany, little nip into France, Switzerland, Italia, Austria, back into Italia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany and back to the ferry.

Came out a week earlier than the rest of the guys. I quite like travelling alone. Meeting them at the Namlos on Saturday.

Had the car 10 years from new. It’s no stranger to Europe.

A few pics.












GT4_Tom

36 posts

180 months

Wednesday 5th June
quotequote all
Fantastic pics, I'll hopefully be in a 458 soon once I can source the right one!

Another Yorkshire man to join the group 😊

supersport

4,138 posts

230 months

Wednesday 5th June
quotequote all
Can’t wait to get my 458 on a euro trip.

Have barely driven it this year, but it’s getting the focus for the next month or two,

Yorkshire rocks

BarryP

585 posts

147 months

Thursday 6th June
quotequote all
We did Italy last year in the 458 and are heading over to Northern Spain this year. Prior to last years trip I got Colin from Bagworld in Redditch to make a set of bespoke luggage for the 458 which was superb.

_Leg_

Original Poster:

2,816 posts

214 months

Thursday 6th June
quotequote all
Be sure to do the Pico mountains in northern Spain. Superb.

_Leg_

Original Poster:

2,816 posts

214 months

Thursday 6th June
quotequote all
Stayed in Bormio last night. The famous bit of the Stelvio is still closed so I’ve been up the Bormio side, down the Umbrail and over to Merano. Here for two nights so no driving tomorrow.

Top of the Umbrail.



Some random pass I can’t remember the name of. Bumped into some of the guys from the North Yorkshire lotus club (I have an Exige track car) and followed them for a couple of hours this afternoon hence no idea what pass it is.


Babw

908 posts

149 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
Love the spec on your car. Are the tricolore decals aftermarket?

How many miles on the car now?

ANOpax

860 posts

169 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
_Leg_ said:
Stayed in Bormio last night. The famous bit of the Stelvio is still closed so I’ve been up the Bormio side, down the Umbrail and over to Merano. Here for two nights so no driving tomorrow.
Damn! We're heading down to the alps/dolomites tomorrow and Gavia and Stelvio are on the itinerary for next Friday. Checking the forecast, I don't think there's going to be much melt any time soon.

_Leg_

Original Poster:

2,816 posts

214 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
Stelvio open today

https://www.bormio.eu/en/alpine-passes

Another useful site for pass status..

https://alpen-paesse.ch/en/#

Happy trails!

_Leg_

Original Poster:

2,816 posts

214 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
Babw said:
Love the spec on your car. Are the tricolore decals aftermarket?

How many miles on the car now?
Thanks.

It’s had full ppf from new and the tri colore stripes are vinyl on top of the ppf.

Wheels were grey/diamond cut but when they needed doing (as I had a speciale with gold wheels) I had them re done in the gold.

Around 35k. Similar number on my f12.

Mtb trip to the Italian alps in my transporter after this one and then a 3 week tour in the 12 with my Mrs so they’ll both be approaching 40k miles by the end of this year.

Edited by _Leg_ on Friday 7th June 15:12

ANOpax

860 posts

169 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
_Leg_ said:
Stelvio open today

https://www.bormio.eu/en/alpine-passes

Another useful site for pass status..

https://alpen-paesse.ch/en/#

Happy trails!
Thank you! and thanks for the links beer

willy wombat

934 posts

151 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
Glad to see you’re still getting out and about, Leg. Having hit the big seven oh last year I’m maybe not quite as adventurous as I was. The 458 spider normally now stays in the UK but we’re off to the South of France later this month in the Portofino (which I have to admit is a far more comfortable and practical touring car than the 458). Safe travels.

Babw

908 posts

149 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
_Leg_ said:
Thanks.

It’s had full ppf from new and the tri colore stripes are vinyl on top of the ppf.

Wheels were grey/diamond cut but when they needed doing (as I had a speciale with gold wheels) I had them re done in the gold.

Around 35k. Similar number on my f12.

Mtb trip to the Italian alps in my transporter after this one and then a 3 week tour in the 12 with my Mrs so they’ll both be approaching 40k miles by the end of this year.

Edited by _Leg_ on Friday 7th June 15:12
I've got a white 458 coming in a few weeks and if you don't mind will be copying the tri colore decal like yours. Looks great and enjoy the miles.

_Leg_

Original Poster:

2,816 posts

214 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
Go for it mate.

Tbh I was inspired by a certain lambo…..

_Leg_

Original Poster:

2,816 posts

214 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
willy wombat said:
Glad to see you’re still getting out and about, Leg. Having hit the big seven oh last year I’m maybe not quite as adventurous as I was. The 458 spider normally now stays in the UK but we’re off to the South of France later this month in the Portofino (which I have to admit is a far more comfortable and practical touring car than the 458). Safe travels.
I’ve found myself going steadier this year. Just can’t be bothered to attack the passes. Although I’m meeting a bunch of friends tomorrow so we’ll see how long it lasts.

Oddly, given the difference in bhp, I tour the f12 with the Mrs and don’t drive it anywhere near as quick. The tone of the trips is different. Lads trips - one night in each hotel linking passes, wife trip - 2-3 nights per hotel, sightseeing, shopping etc.

Makes a nice mix.

Edited by _Leg_ on Friday 7th June 18:51

MDL111

7,039 posts

180 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
looks like a fun trip - enjoy!
I need to do a proper road trip this year - no excuses when living in Munich and basically having access to the mountains within a couple of hours driving

_Leg_

Original Poster:

2,816 posts

214 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
MDL111 said:
looks like a fun trip - enjoy!
I need to do a proper road trip this year - no excuses when living in Munich and basically having access to the mountains within a couple of hours driving
I’ve another in September. On the way back north we are staying at Motorworld.

worldwidewebs

2,409 posts

253 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
_Leg_ said:
I’ve another in September. On the way back north we are staying at Motorworld.
Looking forward to that, Rich smile

_Leg_

Original Poster:

2,816 posts

214 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
worldwidewebs said:
Looking forward to that, Rich smile
Me too bud.

When I go into the clothes/model shop at the entrance take my wallet off me eh. ;-)

_Leg_

Original Poster:

2,816 posts

214 months

Monday 10th June
quotequote all
Met up with some friends in Austria. Now in Cortina d’Ampazzo in Italy. Onto Slovenia tomorrow.

Had rather a large night out in Innsbruck on Saturday after meeting up but nice and quiet in Cortina.