New toy

Author
Discussion

seawise

1,500 posts

151 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
looks absolutely stunning - you must be delighted.

bertie

Original Poster:

8,051 posts

229 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
Thanks chaps.... kid in a toy shop at Christmas!!

F355GTS

3,474 posts

200 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
bertie said:
Something has arrived from Italy.....

Looks awesome even straight off the lorry on a grey crappy day, going to be amazing once it's cleaned and in the sun!





Wonderful, congratulations, perfect colour too although I'm biased as my FF's the same smile

bertie

Original Poster:

8,051 posts

229 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
F355GTS said:
Wonderful, congratulations, perfect colour too although I'm biased as my FF's the same smile
Thanks, Rosso Maranello is lovely, can’t wait to see it in the sun

OtherBusiness

546 posts

87 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
Looks lovely, congrats!

bertie

Original Poster:

8,051 posts

229 months

Monday 20th May
quotequote all
It's nearly ready, just having PPF....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxpyxsNJ4we/


B3NJY

291 posts

56 months

Monday 20th May
quotequote all
That colour is mega, would love to see some more pics once it’s all ready to go in the sunshine

mickpsu

523 posts

92 months

Monday 20th May
quotequote all
bertie said:
It's nearly ready, just having PPF....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxpyxsNJ4we/
Beautiful

bertie

Original Poster:

8,051 posts

229 months

Wednesday 22nd May
quotequote all
|https://thumbsnap.com/CzhVXv53[/url]



The waiting is killing me!

LordGrover

30,832 posts

157 months

Thursday 23rd May
quotequote all
cool

Is that Dicky L's, Bristol?

Shambler

825 posts

89 months

Thursday 23rd May
quotequote all
Stunning car, out of interest what’s it like driving something with that much power? Is it a bit of a handful or does the electronics keep it all in check? (If not switched off)

NDA

16,231 posts

170 months

Thursday 23rd May
quotequote all
Are you driving it? smile

I am not entirely sure I could manage the excitement of such a toy arriving!

bertie

Original Poster:

8,051 posts

229 months

Thursday 23rd May
quotequote all
LordGrover said:
cool

Is that Dicky L's, Bristol?
No, Carrs in Exeter

bertie

Original Poster:

8,051 posts

229 months

Thursday 23rd May
quotequote all
NDA said:
Are you driving it? smile

I am not entirely sure I could manage the excitement of such a toy arriving!
It’s being delivered next Wednesday... it’s agonising!!!!

bertie

Original Poster:

8,051 posts

229 months

Thursday 23rd May
quotequote all
Shambler said:
Stunning car, out of interest what’s it like driving something with that much power? Is it a bit of a handful or does the electronics keep it all in check? (If not switched off)
I’ll be honest... no idea, never even driven one!

Ordered it 2 years ago almost to the day, it’s been a long wait!

I’m looking forward to being able to tell you though

NDA

16,231 posts

170 months

Friday 24th May
quotequote all
bertie said:
Shambler said:
Stunning car, out of interest what’s it like driving something with that much power? Is it a bit of a handful or does the electronics keep it all in check? (If not switched off)
I’ll be honest... no idea, never even driven one!

Ordered it 2 years ago almost to the day, it’s been a long wait!

I’m looking forward to being able to tell you though
You'll be fine with the power of it - you have some quick stuff already. The go pedal will put you into hyperspace.... smile

Will you run it in? I still do this with new engines but many have the 'drive it like you stole it' philosophy.


bertie

Original Poster:

8,051 posts

229 months

Friday 24th May
quotequote all
NDA said:
You'll be fine with the power of it - you have some quick stuff already. The go pedal will put you into hyperspace.... smile

Will you run it in? I still do this with new engines but many have the 'drive it like you stole it' philosophy.
I’m with you, running it in a bit gently seems sensible to me so I still do.

Even running in I don’t think it’ll be holding up traffic biggrin

seawise

1,500 posts

151 months

Friday 24th May
quotequote all
I ran mine in - first 1,000km max 4k revs, slightly dull, but I think worth it.

now I have driven and owned some quick stuff in the past, including an F12, but the 812 feels like a step up from that even. guess that's more down to shorter gearing than the extra 70 odd horses. it's positively unhinged when fully let off the leash, and requires you to stay at the top of your game. even in the dry. the slightest compression or white line etc and don't think to rely entirely on the electronic nannies.

it's pretty full on to be honest and a bit much. just how it should be !

please enjoy.

ajr550

432 posts

69 months

Friday 24th May
quotequote all
I did exactly the same.Ran in as recommended by Ferrari.
Agree completely with Seawise.
Limiting factor with this car is current tyre technology.
After running in use right foot with caution.
It is massive fun but I think a few will end up in fields !

ajr550

432 posts

69 months

Friday 24th May
quotequote all
PS.We use the same dealer so possible the 2 cars will meet at some stage.