308/328 Values

308/328 Values

Author
Discussion

carphotographer

391 posts

143 months

Thursday 26th September
quotequote all
who did the work ?

bertie

8,071 posts

232 months

Wednesday 2nd October
quotequote all
AA121 said:
Probably not the correct thread to add this to but had this back for around 3 weeks now since a little bit of a conversion and refurb from race car to fast road car. Very happy with it, fantastic fun to drive and thought I'd share...







Looks Like Nick Cartwrights place?

AA121

211 posts

146 months

Thursday 3rd October
quotequote all
yep!

From this


To this

classicaholic

401 posts

18 months

Thursday 3rd October
quotequote all
That looks very nice, I don't think the blue suits the car.

Welshbeef

38,346 posts

146 months

Thursday 3rd October
quotequote all
AA121 said:
yep!

From this


To this
Snap on those origin bu folds

jtremlett

768 posts

170 months

Thursday 3rd October
quotequote all
Racing in 2005.


jq74

158 posts

177 months

Wednesday 16th October
quotequote all
https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/cat...
super low mileage example ran out of steam at 105k there didn't seem to be a lot of interest in the car based on the auctioneers patter..

classicaholic

401 posts

18 months

Wednesday 16th October
quotequote all

jq74

158 posts

177 months

Wednesday 16th October
quotequote all
classicaholic said:
hammer went down at £30k

Andy 308GTB

1,923 posts

169 months

Wednesday 16th October
quotequote all
jq74 said:
classicaholic said:
hammer went down at £30k
I appreciate it's a 2 valve injection, left hooker but it shows how far the market has retrenched.

classicaholic

401 posts

18 months

Wednesday 16th October
quotequote all
Andy 308GTB said:
jq74 said:
classicaholic said:
hammer went down at £30k
I appreciate it's a 2 valve injection, left hooker but it shows how far the market has retrenched.
I think thats very low & good value for the buyer, not doing my collection value much good though, good job I am not looking to sell!

I see a lot of cars have not sold as well, sign of the times.

Andy 308GTB

1,923 posts

169 months

Wednesday 16th October
quotequote all
classicaholic said:
Andy 308GTB said:
jq74 said:
classicaholic said:
hammer went down at £30k
I appreciate it's a 2 valve injection, left hooker but it shows how far the market has retrenched.
I think thats very low & good value for the buyer, not doing my collection value much good though, good job I am not looking to sell!

I see a lot of cars have not sold as well, sign of the times.
Tool kits have come back loads too, I have a vague recollection of them fetching £3/4k when there was the spike a few years back.


Caruso

6,981 posts

204 months

Wednesday 16th October
quotequote all
Andy 308GTB said:
jq74 said:
classicaholic said:
hammer went down at £30k
I appreciate it's a 2 valve injection, left hooker but it shows how far the market has retrenched.
Even with 12.5% buyers premium that does seem cheap.

jq74

158 posts

177 months

Thursday 17th October
quotequote all
Caruso said:
ven with 12.5% buyers premium that does seem cheap.
consider 5% + VAT sales fee so the seller nets £28k from the car.

POORCARDEALER

8,389 posts

189 months

Thursday 17th October
quotequote all
jq74 said:
https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/cat...
super low mileage example ran out of steam at 105k there didn't seem to be a lot of interest in the car based on the auctioneers patter..
Acquaintance of mine has £165K in a 5K miler …….the market is readjusting, no bad thing IMO

Andy 308GTB

1,923 posts

169 months

Thursday 17th October
quotequote all
POORCARDEALER said:
jq74 said:
https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/cat...
super low mileage example ran out of steam at 105k there didn't seem to be a lot of interest in the car based on the auctioneers patter..
Acquaintance of mine has £165K in a 5K miler …….the market is readjusting, no bad thing IMO
That must be a glass car though?

IMI A

6,997 posts

149 months

Thursday 17th October
quotequote all








Coolest car i've seen this year. Amazing restoration credit to you and your shop.

POORCARDEALER

8,389 posts

189 months

Thursday 17th October
quotequote all
Andy 308GTB said:
POORCARDEALER said:
jq74 said:
https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/cat...
super low mileage example ran out of steam at 105k there didn't seem to be a lot of interest in the car based on the auctioneers patter..
Acquaintance of mine has £165K in a 5K miler …….the market is readjusting, no bad thing IMO
That must be a glass car though?
No, G plate 328

Crazy4557

301 posts

142 months

Thursday 17th October
quotequote all
jq74 said:
https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/cat...
super low mileage example ran out of steam at 105k there didn't seem to be a lot of interest in the car based on the auctioneers patter..
What a waste of a beautiful car, I don't get all this 'can't drive it because of the mileage rubbish'

996Type

189 posts

100 months

Thursday 17th October
quotequote all
Rari said:
What is your budget and LHD or RHD?
Hello Rari,

I currently have a 993 which I use quite regularly as I’ve got nippers and they fit.

The 308 would potentially and selfishly replace this.

The values do seem to be softening, the link to the 2 valve sale brought me back into this thread.

I don’t think the 993 value is deflating as quickly, but they are heading down.

Ideal spec is 208 or 308 GTB narrow spoiler car with black leather interior as I would probably keep it forever. Fibreglass is out due to the premium being beyond my means.

Still kicking myself a decade later for not buying when I had the chance, a rough glass car for £20K!!