Huracan values

Author
Discussion

Quarterly

Original Poster:

583 posts

54 months

Sunday 3rd December 2017
quotequote all
Hi all. I'm thinking about buying a Huracan, possibly a 2015 car, value around £160k mark. What are peoples thoughts on how it will depreciate? Thank you.

_Superleggera_

1,832 posts

133 months

Sunday 3rd December 2017
quotequote all
I anticipate they will drop a bit more. Especially when they drop out of factory warranty.


sone

4,322 posts

174 months

Tuesday 5th December 2017
quotequote all
I think a bit is the correct word. There are one or two dodgy cars out there which are cheap and if I were buying one I'd insist the ecu is checked for mileage on both the engine and diff, or gearbox but there is more than 1 ecu and make sure they match, I've heard stories of ones that haven't.
Great cars, a blast to drive!

Steve

Nano2nd

2,993 posts

192 months

Tuesday 5th December 2017
quotequote all
Quarterly said:
Hi all. I'm thinking about buying a Huracan, possibly a 2015 car, value around £160k mark. What are peoples thoughts on how it will depreciate? Thank you.
£5-10pa IMO no reason why they won't follow the same depreciation curve as the Gallardo... also you'd need to factor in the buying retail and selling trade loss.. which these days it the worst part of the depreciation!

RamboLambo

4,843 posts

106 months

Tuesday 5th December 2017
quotequote all
£150k is a good price point for an early Huracan and future depreciation will be circa £10k pa but the trade to retail margin will be another £20k.
Worse case scenario , sell in a year and you could be £30k out of pocket so nore reason not sell and get some use and value out of it.
Year 2 could be £40k but only £20k pa average
Advertisement

Quarterly

Original Poster:

583 posts

54 months

Tuesday 5th December 2017
quotequote all
Thanks for the replys.

Yipper

5,964 posts

26 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
Prices on the Huracan are holding up very well at the moment. The floor has been around the £150k mark all year and not budged from there

Gallardo prices are also holding up well. Some have risen sharply this year, with several models now above the £200k mark (like the Super Trofeo).

Ferruccio

748 posts

55 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
[quote=Yipper Gallardo prices are also holding up well. Some have risen sharply this year, with several models now above the £200k mark (like the Super Trofeo).
[/quote]

Personally, I don’t get why you’d pay a lot more for a Gallardo than a Murci.

sone

4,322 posts

174 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
[quote=Yipper]Prices on the Huracan are holding up very well at the moment. The floor has been around the £150k mark all year and not budged from there

Gallardo prices are also holding up well. Some have risen sharply this year, with several models now above the £200k mark (like the Super Trofeo).[/quote

Its beyond me why you'd pay this sort of money for a car that will end up being an ornament unless you want to lose your shirt by putting miles on it!

jdwoodbury

1,143 posts

142 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
Intersting to know that when enquiring about finance on the Huracan the residuals were truly terrible, like an £160k 1yr old LP580 being worth £72k after 3yrs. I can't see that happening, but interesting to understand how the lenders view the market. As an example a similar priced and age 570S residual is £90k after 3yrs....I would have assumed actually this story would have been the other way round.

Nano2nd

2,993 posts

192 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
jdwoodbury said:
Intersting to know that when enquiring about finance on the Huracan the residuals were truly terrible, like an £160k 1yr old LP580 being worth £72k after 3yrs. I can't see that happening, but interesting to understand how the lenders view the market. As an example a similar priced and age 570S residual is £90k after 3yrs....I would have assumed actually this story would have been the other way round.
there all the same, Porsche offer about £60k on a 991.2 GTS at 3 years old.. then at the same time in the showroom there's a 2.5 year old one for almost list price lol

birdcage

2,445 posts

141 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
Yipper said:
Prices on the Huracan are holding up very well at the moment. The floor has been around the £150k mark all year and not budged from there

Gallardo prices are also holding up well. Some have risen sharply this year, with several models now above the £200k mark (like the Super Trofeo).
How in gods name do you find time to post 70 times a day, are you paid?

Sarnie

5,843 posts

145 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
birdcage said:
How in gods name do you find time to post 70 times a day, are you paid?
4178 posts in 14 months is circa 10 a day..............

RamboLambo

4,843 posts

106 months

Thursday 7th December 2017
quotequote all
Sarnie said:
4178 posts in 14 months is circa 10 a day..............
It's a tough life on the social lol

Superleg48

380 posts

69 months

Sunday 10th December 2017
quotequote all
sone said:
Its beyond me why you'd pay this sort of money for a car that will end up being an ornament unless you want to lose your shirt by putting miles on it!
Try this radical concept....you pay this sort of money to buy a machine that when you drive it, it stirs your soul, makes you smile and fulfils perhaps a long standing ambition to fulfil a long held dream...

Cars are for driving not staring at. Smiles with miles....

4321go

360 posts

123 months

Sunday 10th December 2017
quotequote all
Superleg48 said:
Try this radical concept....you pay this sort of money to buy a machine that when you drive it, it stirs your soul, makes you smile and fulfils perhaps a long standing ambition to fulfil a long held dream...

Cars are for driving not staring at. Smiles with miles....
As I lie in bed I a hotel in Toulouse my manual, ‘55-plate Gallardo is sitting under a blanket of snow (I assume) in a carpark at Heathrow with a little over 97,200 miles on the clock..........

sone

4,322 posts

174 months

Monday 11th December 2017
quotequote all
Superleg48 said:
sone said:
Its beyond me why you'd pay this sort of money for a car that will end up being an ornament unless you want to lose your shirt by putting miles on it!
Try this radical concept....you pay this sort of money to buy a machine that when you drive it, it stirs your soul, makes you smile and fulfils perhaps a long standing ambition to fulfil a long held dream...

Cars are for driving not staring at. Smiles with miles....
You try this for an even more radical point! That's exactly the point my post was making ffs! People who do this amount of money generally hide it in the garage!



Edited by sone on Monday 11th December 13:38

Superleg48

380 posts

69 months

Monday 11th December 2017
quotequote all
4321go said:
As I lie in bed I a hotel in Toulouse my manual, ‘55-plate Gallardo is sitting under a blanket of snow (I assume) in a carpark at Heathrow with a little over 97,200 miles on the clock..........
Good man! I salute you...

Vergis

414 posts

178 months

Tuesday 12th December 2017
quotequote all
Superleg48 said:
Good man! I salute you...
x2 Good Man !

UH-Matt

2,160 posts

176 months

Sunday 21st January
quotequote all
My 10 cents...

I bought a good spec MY16 car last year from a dealer at £174k

Just sold it 1 year later (privately) for £165k.

I dont see the depreciation going anywhere different as long as the price of the older models (LP560's, Gallardos) is still holding up so well, there needs to remain a gap..... If an LP560 still commands £110k then surely Hurucan pricing can't go much lower for the time being.

More interestingly will be if interest rates start to go up, how many cars are on finance that could get more expensive..