V12 Lambo Photo Thread

Author
Discussion

Pioneer

1,311 posts

134 months

Monday 13th June 2016
quotequote all
MarkyL said:
Just got mine back.... after a 4 & half month restoration/rebuild/respray. I was given 780 photos at the end of the job, but thought i'd share just 3 of the finished article.lick
Lovely. Was that the original colour?

MarkyL

119 posts

200 months

Monday 13th June 2016
quotequote all
Pioneer said:
Lovely. Was that the original colour?
It was exactly the same. Arancio Atlas Pearl orange.

lotusespritse

9 posts

144 months

Tuesday 14th June 2016
quotequote all
Mine after a lot of fettling since I got it 6 months ago:














Edited by lotusespritse on Tuesday 14th June 03:12

rich888

2,610 posts

202 months

Friday 29th July 2016
quotequote all
Was lucky enough to be able to take a few photographs of an Aventador SV which attended the classic car and bike meet at the Griffins Head pub in Papplewick in Nottinghamshire a few weeks ago.

For info this meet takes place on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, plus the last Sunday of each month for added measure - well always assuming the weather is good smile

Stunning car in the flesh and the exhaust note is awesome. I want one!
























100 IAN

1,091 posts

165 months

Saturday 30th July 2016
quotequote all
Lamborghini Traffic Light Trio at Goodwood this morning.







...doesn't the Miura look diddy, flanked by its two minders? Bellissimo!

Ferruccio

1,838 posts

122 months

Saturday 30th July 2016
quotequote all
100 IAN said:
...doesn't the Miura look diddy, flanked by its two minders? Bellissimo!
The lightness of being.........
Modern cars nearly all so big and heavy.

845ste

578 posts

130 months

Saturday 30th July 2016
quotequote all
@Lotusespitse: good work but the rear written "lamborghini" was reattached too low

rich888

2,610 posts

202 months

Saturday 30th July 2016
quotequote all
845ste said:
@Lotusespitse: good work but the rear written "lamborghini" was reattached too low
I can't see much difference between 'Claudia' and the 2005 plate Murcielago Roadster which I photographed many years ago.





Just remembered I took a few photos of a 2003 Murcielago for comparison.





Edited by rich888 on Saturday 30th July 22:34

845ste

578 posts

130 months

Wednesday 3rd August 2016
quotequote all
you're right.
the angle of the picture seemed too low.
nice all the Toro emblem thumbup

S1M VP

Original Poster:

949 posts

237 months

Thursday 22nd February 2018
quotequote all
A few recent pics, trying to be creative with the camera




















[url|https://thumbsnap.com/VxUyNwWA[/url]


John Rutter

85 posts

179 months

Saturday 24th February 2018
quotequote all


My Murcielago Prindiville and a nice Christmas present from my wife Suzanne, a hand made car cover

CharlieH89

9,080 posts

168 months

Wednesday 11th April 2018
quotequote all
Nice colour on this Aventador

carspath

839 posts

180 months

Wednesday 11th April 2018
quotequote all
Hello everyone ,

I am in the final stages of writing what is probably the first stand alone book on the Lamborghini Murcielago , and would be delighted to consider any/all photos in this thread for inclusion in the book . Photos of Murcielagos are obviously of immediate relevance , but photos of the other V12 Lambos will also have a place in the book

If this is something that you would like to be involved in please contact me on : murciebook@gmail.com

I have included a brief introduction note below :






Dear Sir /Madam ,

As way of introduction , I am a Consultant Eye Surgeon , based in the United Kingdom , who has been a Lamborghini enthusiast since the age of 9 , and who has been privileged to be the temporary custodian of a Rosso Countach 88 1/2 QV (chassis 12399) for the last 18 years , and a 2005 Arancio Atlas Murcielago Roadster (chassis LAO1564) for a rather shorter period of time .

Both cars are absolutely standard , as they left the factory , and both cars are the respective Beaulieu National Motor Museum Photographic Library Reference Examples.

I am now writing a book on the Lamborghini Murcielago , and my publishers are the respected UK motoring publishing house , Veloce Publishing, who recently published what is regarded as the definitive book on the Miura-------''The Lamborghini Miura Bible ''by Joe Sackey.

Veloce and I are aiming at a global audience , and I am therefore writing to the various clubs and dealers worldwide to try and get a wider input of photo and text material that can be included in the book.

Veloce are aiming for the 2018 Christmas market , which means that we need all the material to be at the publishers, by June 2018 at the very latest.

As the book has progressed , it has become clear to me that the book will be all the more interesting if it is a collaborative effort , with input from owners, enthusiasts, mechanics and dealers. , so please could you circulate this e-mail to your various chapters , Murcielago owners, and whomever else might have a useful contribution to make

I am best contacted at : murciebook@gmail.com

Thank you

Dr T Pathmanathan
BSc MBBChir (Cambridge) MRCOphth FRCOphth FRCS

sir humphrey appleby

1,654 posts

225 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
carspath said:
Hello everyone ,

I am in the final stages of writing what is probably the first stand alone book on the Lamborghini Murcielago , and would be delighted to consider any/all photos in this thread for inclusion in the book . Photos of Murcielagos are obviously of immediate relevance , but photos of the other V12 Lambos will also have a place in the book

If this is something that you would like to be involved in please contact me on : murciebook@gmail.com

I have included a brief introduction note below :






Dear Sir /Madam ,

As way of introduction , I am a Consultant Eye Surgeon , based in the United Kingdom , who has been a Lamborghini enthusiast since the age of 9 , and who has been privileged to be the temporary custodian of a Rosso Countach 88 1/2 QV (chassis 12399) for the last 18 years , and a 2005 Arancio Atlas Murcielago Roadster (chassis LAO1564) for a rather shorter period of time .

Both cars are absolutely standard , as they left the factory , and both cars are the respective Beaulieu National Motor Museum Photographic Library Reference Examples.

I am now writing a book on the Lamborghini Murcielago , and my publishers are the respected UK motoring publishing house , Veloce Publishing, who recently published what is regarded as the definitive book on the Miura-------''The Lamborghini Miura Bible ''by Joe Sackey.

Veloce and I are aiming at a global audience , and I am therefore writing to the various clubs and dealers worldwide to try and get a wider input of photo and text material that can be included in the book.

Veloce are aiming for the 2018 Christmas market , which means that we need all the material to be at the publishers, by June 2018 at the very latest.

As the book has progressed , it has become clear to me that the book will be all the more interesting if it is a collaborative effort , with input from owners, enthusiasts, mechanics and dealers. , so please could you circulate this e-mail to your various chapters , Murcielago owners, and whomever else might have a useful contribution to make

I am best contacted at : murciebook@gmail.com

Thank you

Dr T Pathmanathan
BSc MBBChir (Cambridge) MRCOphth FRCOphth FRCS
Hi Dr Path, what a co-incidence, I was looking at some very old emails today and read through our correspondence when you kindly invited me to join you in your Countach very early in the morning a few years ago. (I had a different user name back then). I still talk about that trip and even last week I spoke about it to some colleagues. I trust you are well and I will purchase your book as soon as possible.
I hope you are well.
Kind Regards
Mark.

carspath

839 posts

180 months

Saturday 14th April 2018
quotequote all
Wonderful to hear from you again Mark.......I too well remember our early morning drive , and your dedication in leaving home at 3am

The text for the book is now almost complete , and I have spent the last 3 days going through about 800 photos to choose the most appropriate for each chapter...Veloce have limited the picture count to 150 images

Wish me luck , and I look forward to seeing you again Mark

Larry5.2

496 posts

111 months

Thursday 26th April 2018
quotequote all
So here's my recent acquisition - 2003 manual with some extra bits like a Lary-ini exhaust. Love it to bits, and a few plans going forward like
1) the obligatory V12xxx Reg
2) a refurb of the suspension
3) some investigation into the lazy brakes despite having the big brake upgrade.

Might need to sell the LP550-2 as it is not going to get a look-in for a while...


Fuoco

94 posts

167 months

Saturday 12th May 2018
quotequote all
Larry5.2 said:
So here's my recent acquisition - 2003 manual with some extra bits like a Lary-ini exhaust. Love it to bits, and a few plans going forward like
1) the obligatory V12xxx Reg
2) a refurb of the suspension
3) some investigation into the lazy brakes despite having the big brake upgrade.

Might need to sell the LP550-2 as it is not going to get a look-in for a while...

Congrats Larry, I have known this car for a few years and it was the cleanest one I had seen then and now well done, I have the sister car to this, a manual 2005 6.2 I have kept my 2 Gallardo Spyders as there will be days when the wide bum may be just not the right car for!!

Ferruccio

1,838 posts

122 months

Saturday 12th May 2018
quotequote all
Larry5.2 said:
So here's my recent acquisition - 2003 manual with some extra bits like a Lary-ini exhaust. Love it to bits, and a few plans going forward like
1) the obligatory V12xxx Reg
2) a refurb of the suspension
3) some investigation into the lazy brakes despite having the big brake upgrade.

Might need to sell the LP550-2 as it is not going to get a look-in for a while...

Were you at the Cotswolds Cars thing last Sunday??

Larry5.2

496 posts

111 months

Saturday 12th May 2018
quotequote all
Ferruccio said:
Were you at the Cotswolds Cars thing last Sunday??
No wasn't me....

Larry5.2

496 posts

111 months

Saturday 12th May 2018
quotequote all
Fuoco said:
Congrats Larry, I have known this car for a few years and it was the cleanest one I had seen then and now well done, I have the sister car to this, a manual 2005 6.2 I have kept my 2 Gallardo Spyders as there will be days when the wide bum may be just not the right car for!!
Yes it does a rather big a_s_s.... almost put me off Murcis, but then it's got the legs, and the howl :-)
Whereabouts are you based?