Countach

Author
Discussion

cgt2

1,637 posts

144 months

Sunday 5th April
quotequote all
Martin350 said:
I believe this was Denise Pearson's 88.5, F925OYR in front of it, at the back of Portman's.




Thank you, so does this confirm there were two as I'm sure there was a white one pre-88?

Martin350

3,342 posts

151 months

Sunday 5th April
quotequote all
cgt2 said:
Thank you, so does this confirm there were two as I'm sure there was a white one pre-88?
Yes, I believe Delroy Pearson was this car's first owner.


Martin350

3,342 posts

151 months

Sunday 5th April
quotequote all
After a quick search I found these pics, linked to the 'My Old Lambo Photos From The '90s' thread, with both cars together.

It's a bit odd that the door mirrors are painted when it was inside Portman's, but not a bit later on.

Robert W said:
MaserCoupe said:
I then saw it again at the first Lambo Club meet Dave took me to which was held in Brentford. That was an amazing day as one of the Five star pop group members turned up in his QV (White with dark blue/black with white piping), white painted wheels and painted wing mirrors, smooth belly car, reg (326DEL or DEL326 I think) and a double antenna at the rear. Derek Pearce I think was his name. Well being an un-ashamed fan I went snap happy with my camera on his car.
5 star Countach owners were brother and sister Denise and Delroy Pearson. They had a black 88 Countach and the white QV you describe, which was indeed 326DEL.



Edited by Martin350 on Sunday 5th April 19:20

yzr500

62 posts

59 months

Monday 6th April
quotequote all
cgt2 said:
Didn't the band Five Star have two Countaches? I know they had one for sure and Denise or whoever it was couldn't drive it as hadn't passed their test at the time.
The manger which was thier dad had a Diablo .

Craig

1,148 posts

240 months

Monday 6th April
quotequote all
I understood they also owned this blue anniversary

https://www.topgear-cars.co.uk/showroom/lamborghin...


Shnozz

21,837 posts

227 months

Monday 6th April
quotequote all
yzr500 said:
cgt2 said:
Didn't the band Five Star have two Countaches? I know they had one for sure and Denise or whoever it was couldn't drive it as hadn't passed their test at the time.
The manger which was thier dad had a Diablo .
I am surprised by that given that their career seemed to be over before the Diablo was released! Not saying its not true, and no doubt reports of their bankruptcy were probably over-played by the media and I am sure they had a few quid stored away, but as a child of the 80s I remember vividly their downfall to obscurity!

HIS LM

1,053 posts

215 months

Monday 6th April
quotequote all
Craig said:
I understood they also owned this blue anniversary

https://www.topgear-cars.co.uk/showroom/lamborghin...
That is rather lovely how long ago was that sold ?

I would drive that rain or shine

MaserCoupe

124 posts

44 months

Monday 6th April
quotequote all
HIS LM said:
That is rather lovely how long ago was that sold ?

I would drive that rain or shine
Very good I saw what you did there!!! Lol

cgt2

1,637 posts

144 months

Monday 6th April
quotequote all
HIS LM said:
That is rather lovely how long ago was that sold ?

I would drive that rain or shine
Brilliant!

MaserCoupe

124 posts

44 months

Monday 6th April
quotequote all



Please forgive me for the quality as I’m using my camera phone directly onto my negatives against a lamp but I Just dug this out to share.

Circa late 85 very early 86 (if memory serves) on one of my visits to Heathmans of London. I went berserk photographing this car.....what a stunner the 5000S is in white with blue. I think I recognise the speaker on the door from another post...
[url]

|https://thumbsnap.com/YzuSe4C3[/url]

Shnozz

21,837 posts

227 months

Monday 6th April
quotequote all
Likewise I have just dug through some old printed photos. I remember being wowed as a 10 year old or so around 1988 spotting this locally to me.

Sadly I can’t quite make out the number plate. Although RHD the front plate looks very much like an American number plate.

These were taken in what was then a new build housing estate in Locks Heath, Hampshire that was still being constructed. It’s now of course an established mini town.



Ferruccio

1,224 posts

75 months

Monday 6th April
quotequote all
MaserCoupe said:



Please forgive me for the quality as I’m using my camera phone directly onto my negatives against a lamp but I Just dug this out to share.

Circa late 85 very early 86 (if memory serves) on one of my visits to Heathmans of London. I went berserk photographing this car.....what a stunner the 5000S is in white with blue. I think I recognise the speaker on the door from another post...
[url]

|https://thumbsnap.com/YzuSe4C3[/url]
Wow. Thanks.
That’s my car.
I bought it in 1993.

miuranut

6 posts

127 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
BLACKJACK172 said:
I am the father and I owned the car from new, even saw the car on the production line in 87 when the car was being made, I was in the Middle East in 2015 when Cheshire Classic Cars came on about buying the car, my son dealt with the preliminary negotiations while I was away and I finalized the sale when I returned to UK, broke my heart seeing the car being loaded on the transporter, I think LAM 443 was the only Countach with no rear fog lamp or radio antenna fitted, we removed these within the first month and had the holes filled in and we repainted with original PPG paint in our own body shop, although I see the rear fog lamp and antenna has now been retrofitted, (why anyone would want to listen to audio in a Countach, well!) when I ordered the car I ordered a second boot lid with no mounting holes for the wing, I mainly used the car without the wing, you could not count on one hand the times I used first gear, mainly pulled away in second, I'm pretty sure I still have some new parts for the car somewhere.

Regards,

Barry Emmerson
Barry,

Marvellous to see your posts with further information about LAM443 during your ownership.

I bought it from GH last year and it is in amazing condition. It has just about come full circle, now being located only about 30 miles from you. When the current situation returns to normal I would be pleased to bring it over to you. Meanwhile please free to email me anytime.

Totally agree that no additional audio is required in a Countach, especially a carbed QV !

Regards

Martin


MaserCoupe

124 posts

44 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
Shnozz said:
Likewise I have just dug through some old printed photos. I remember being wowed as a 10 year old or so around 1988 spotting this locally to me.

Sadly I can’t quite make out the number plate. Although RHD the front plate looks very much like an American number plate.

These were taken in what was then a new build housing estate in Locks Heath, Hampshire that was still being constructed. It’s now of course an established mini town.


Pant wettingly gorgeous Shnozz! Great pictures and find. This car was 1 of 14 RHD 88spec QVs that came to the UK. Those plates you mention were actually the temporary Italian EE export plates (Escursionisti Esteri) allocated by the local Italian ministry of transport and put on by the factory as a temporary number plate until it received its UK registration. Stunning and outrageous with that red/ black interior combo! I don't blame you for being Wowed on seeing it. It's Still a wow car now..

MaserCoupe

124 posts

44 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
Ferruccio said:
MaserCoupe said:



Please forgive me for the quality as I’m using my camera phone directly onto my negatives against a lamp but I Just dug this out to share.

Circa late 85 very early 86 (if memory serves) on one of my visits to Heathmans of London. I went berserk photographing this car.....what a stunner the 5000S is in white with blue. I think I recognise the speaker on the door from another post...
[url]

|https://thumbsnap.com/YzuSe4C3[/url]
Wow. Thanks.
That’s my car.
I bought it in 1993.
You are welcome Ferruccio, I remember seeing it and going bananas. It was gorgeous and less than a couple of years young! A memory that still feels like it was just yesterday. I reeled off a full film roll and then David (the owner of Heathmans) seeing my bonkers enthusiasm took me out for a spin. A day I'll never forget. I always attribute that day as the beginning of our friendship (David and I that is). As an aside, Your particular car is poignant to me as it featured in the first book I ever got on the Countach (which my mum bought for my birthday at the tender age of 14) and your car featured heavily in it. World supercar series by Jeremy Coulter. This was the book I eventually took to the factory to have Valentino sign for me, as it (and he) meant so much to an impressionable teen.. A small but cherished possession. Great car, great colour combo. You definately don't need to pimp this ride! LOL!

Ferruccio

1,224 posts

75 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
MaserCoupe said:
You are welcome Ferruccio, I remember seeing it and going bananas. It was gorgeous and less than a couple of years young! A memory that still feels like it was just yesterday. I reeled off a full film roll and then David (the owner of Heathmans) seeing my bonkers enthusiasm took me out for a spin. A day I'll never forget. I always attribute that day as the beginning of our friendship (David and I that is). As an aside, Your particular car is poignant to me as it featured in the first book I ever got on the Countach (which my mum bought for my birthday at the tender age of 14) and your car featured heavily in it. World supercar series by Jeremy Coulter. This was the book I eventually took to the factory to have Valentino sign for me, as it (and he) meant so much to an impressionable teen.. A small but cherished possession. Great car, great colour combo. You definately don't need to pimp this ride! LOL!
I’ve got a few copies of that book!
If you’ve still got the negatives anyway I could get copies please?

BLACKJACK172

3 posts

4 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
miuranut said:
Barry,

Marvellous to see your posts with further information about LAM443 during your ownership.

I bought it from GH last year and it is in amazing condition. It has just about come full circle, now being located only about 30 miles from you. When the current situation returns to normal I would be pleased to bring it over to you. Meanwhile please free to email me anytime.

Totally agree that no additional audio is required in a Countach, especially a carbed QV !

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

Great to hear the car is still in the locale, needless to say I got rather attached to the car in my 28 years of ownership, the car was pretty original when I sold it apart from a couple of small modifications we carried out, about 20 years ago I caught the drivers door mirror on the garage door and slightly marked the textured black Finnish on the mirror case, (very slight mark) but it just niggled at me too much, I purchased two new mirrors but could never get the drivers door mirror to adjust to a premium position, over the years I came to the conclusion that Lamborghini sold me a pair of LHD mirrors, perhaps you still have the same issue, I'm sure I still have the original mirrors in a box somewhere, I also have a new car set of Genuine factory Badges/Motifs for the car and other bits.

Near the end of my ownership the dreaded water ingress problem while washing the car in to the N/S/R air vent on to the ignition control module; became quite a problem, (every time I washed the car it would not start for hours), eventually I taped over the vent with plastic sheet while washing the car, perhaps you are already aware of this and if so please ignore my ramblings, the car was sold with the original Marelli ignition control unit and if kept dry it was not a problem, perhaps that has now been replaced with the modified unit!

Their is quite a bit of history on the car during my 28 years of ownership, if you are interested drop me a PM or let me have your email address.

Regards,

Barry

MaserCoupe

124 posts

44 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
So you lot and for any Countach enthusiasts (Read super nerds LOL) and for those in need of a "Countach kick" while we are stuck indoors........ watch the episode "Bought and paid for" of Miami Vice tonight at 9pm on the Forces TV channel.

Interesting titbit factoid, Micheal Mann had two Countaches on set and if you look closely one was a US spec 5000S and the other was a downdraught Euro spec QV. Enjoy!

SAB888

2,555 posts

163 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
MaserCoupe said:
So you lot and for any Countach enthusiasts (Read super nerds LOL) and for those in need of a "Countach kick" while we are stuck indoors........ watch the episode "Bought and paid for" of Miami Vice tonight at 9pm on the Forces TV channel.

Interesting titbit factoid, Micheal Mann had two Countaches on set and if you look closely one was a US spec 5000S and the other was a downdraught Euro spec QV. Enjoy!
I remember that episode, it was incredible that they changed cars and thought nobody would notice!

cgt2

1,637 posts

144 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
Yes the rear lights changed between US spec and Euro spec throughout the chase. I thought that was odd even when I watched it as a youngster!