Residuals, Man Maths and a 540C

Residuals, Man Maths and a 540C

Author
Discussion

justin220

Original Poster:

4,553 posts

167 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
JohnG123 said:
Car as been sat in my garage for over a week now.
Managed to go out in the car last Sunday for around a 10 mile round trip.

Engine warning fault light fault was coming on for half the journey now it seems to have stopped and there are no error messages shown in the menu.

Was surprised how the front tyres skidded on full lock when I reversed out of the garage. After checking the pressures both fronts were at 32 PSi when the handbook shows 29 Psi. The car has Pirellis on the front and Michelin Pilot sports on the rear so might swap the fronts for some new Michelin's in the near future..

All the audible warning bleeps seem to have gone away after messing with the sat nav and in the notifications menu so hopefully that's resolved now.

Filled up with fuel at Costco, car got more attention and comments than my 458 Spider used to. Wonder whether people just assume you are more approachable driving a Mclaren than a red Ferrari.............

Found a Mclaren owners club sticker in the glove box, so I assume the previous owner was a member. Might look at joining this week as my V5 as arrived now after the plate transfer.

Will try and get some photos up over this weekend.


I've had a fair bit of use out of mine recently. But the roads are horrid and it's in need of a good clean. Are you keeping it on charge?

Have you joined the owners club?

Get some pics/thoughts up smile

JohnG123

586 posts

93 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
justin220 said:
I've had a fair bit of use out of mine recently. But the roads are horrid and it's in need of a good clean. Are you keeping it on charge?

Have you joined the owners club?

Get some pics/thoughts up smile
Hi The Car was showing 49 days till flat battery so at the moment its not on charge, I hope to get out in it on Saturday but if not I will plug the charger in.

Joined the owners club last night so looking forward to browsing the members area on the website later Today.

Will try and get some pictures put up as soon as I can get some decent weather............. here's hoping..........

2 pictures from collection day last week


JohnG123

586 posts

93 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
picture 2

justin220

Original Poster:

4,553 posts

167 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
Ooh I like that. Which wing?

The Surveyor

7,363 posts

200 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
justin220 said:
Ooh I like that. Which wing?
Yes, that looks fabulous, is it the Novitec one?

650spider

1,471 posts

134 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
JohnG123 said:
picture 2
Lovely thumbup

JohnG123

586 posts

93 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
justin220 said:
Ooh I like that. Which wing?
I assume its the Novitec one but don't actually know.

Car has carbon fibre side skirts and front splitter not sure if these are Novitec or factory fitted. I believe the previous owner is in the owners club and has upgraded to a 720 S So hopefully he might be able to answer some of the questions. Car also appears to be covered in self repairing film on all panels. so not one stone chip anywhere that I can find which for a car with 16,000 miles on the clock is good. Am not sure whether the windsceen is protected with film to.

Cant wait for a small break in the weather to have a nice drive out.................


RSbandit

1,369 posts

95 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
V nice congrats, I have the diamond cut alloys on my 570s think they look great.

Craig W

155 posts

122 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
Great thread, Justin. Thanks for keeping it up to date, I've really enjoyed reading through it, you live in a lovely part of the UK too!

justin220

Original Poster:

4,553 posts

167 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
Craig W said:
Great thread, Justin. Thanks for keeping it up to date, I've really enjoyed reading through it, you live in a lovely part of the UK too!
Thanks. Always good to hear people are reading it. Hopefully it's of some use to someone

Alfapapatango

46 posts

15 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
Why does this 70 have a ‘Wing’ exactly?
What does it do?
Thanks

The Surveyor

7,363 posts

200 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
Alfapapatango said:
Why does this 70 have a ‘Wing’ exactly?
What does it do?
Thanks
It's an after-market wing and I'd be very surprised it did anything other than looking utterly fabulous.

Matty3

753 posts

47 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
The Surveyor said:
Alfapapatango said:
Why does this 70 have a ‘Wing’ exactly?
What does it do?
Thanks
It's an after-market wing and I'd be very surprised it did anything other than looking utterly fabulous.
Mclaren were telling me their 570 aftermarket rear wing generates an additional 100kg of downforce at 100mph - but at £8.5k fitted that equates to £85/kg smile - got to admit it looks the business tho' smile

Alfapapatango

46 posts

15 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
Gosh. 100kg of ‘downforce’! Who knew.
Anybody know if this will void the warranty and insurance if required??
Thanks
Sorry just also noticed it’s a 540 not 70!!
I’m newbie!!

ferdi p

1,479 posts

135 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
Alfapapatango said:
Gosh. 100kg of ‘downforce’! Who knew.
Anybody know if this will void the warranty and insurance if required??
Thanks
Sorry just also noticed it’s a 540 not 70!!
I’m newbie!!
Only if they find out you were testing the 100kg downforce claim at 100mph down the A5!

Alfapapatango

46 posts

15 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
Thanks.
So it would invalidate both Warranty (if not OME) and insurance as modified non standard ?


JohnG123

586 posts

93 months

Friday 13th December 2019
quotequote all
Hi
I am sure I have read somewhere the rear wing actually gives an extra 21 kg of downforce.

I will look again on the novitec website......

650spider

1,471 posts

134 months

Saturday 14th December 2019
quotequote all
justin220 said:
Thanks. Always good to hear people are reading it. Hopefully it's of some use to someone
So is your Mac going for a small hibernation Justin or is it being used throughout winter?

justin220

Original Poster:

4,553 posts

167 months

Saturday 14th December 2019
quotequote all
Im planning on using it throughout.. It's my only car although I do use my wives car.

It's in desperate need of a clean though, might do it tomorrow.

I've also got a mini road trip booked for mid January down to the borders, all going well I'll be taking the 540C. Its already depreciated like a stone, might aswell get the use and enjoyment out of it

650spider

1,471 posts

134 months

Saturday 14th December 2019
quotequote all
justin220 said:
Im planning on using it throughout.. It's my only car although I do use my wives car.

It's in desperate need of a clean though, might do it tomorrow.

I've also got a mini road trip booked for mid January down to the borders, all going well I'll be taking the 540C. Its already depreciated like a stone, might aswell get the use and enjoyment out of it
Yup...same for me.

I had years of Ferrari garage queen ownership going on so one of the factors for buying the Mac was that it was not going to sit in a garage under a cover from Nov till March....i am using it throughout and in all weathers...looking forward to seeing how it is in the snow!

Brucie bonus for myself is that volcano orange never looks dirty!

I was up your way a few weeks back...had to sort something out in an area called Mastrick and decided to take the Mac for the run...my pal up there said it wasn't the best idea to be parking the Mac up in that area...but as normal there were no issues and it didn't seem that bad an area....