Mclaren 12C

Mclaren 12C

Author
Discussion

650spider

1,008 posts

126 months

Sunday 21st June
quotequote all
Thorney said:
This particular owner is self warranting (is that a word smile) but he owns another Mclaren as well so knows the drill. Had he asked for a warranty from us we would simply exclude those items from cover as prexisting issues, but as I said, they may well be fine for decades yet.

A lot of the early warranty stories were from dealers taking the mick a bit and Mclaren not policing the system at all, stories of cars with 3 gearboxes simply meant to me that the issue wasnt sorted the first time but at the time Mclarne just kept paying out money and dealers just carried on claiming, its different now!
Thanks for taking the time to reply Thorney.

If i was nearby yourselves and not located in the east coast of Scotland, i would 100% have you guys maintain and warrant my car.

Thorney

330 posts

215 months

Monday 22nd June
quotequote all
GT4RS said:
That seems a very practical approach to looking after a vehicle, rather than being advised by a manufactured service centre that all needs replacing. In some cases also being told sorry sir we only replace them in pairs!

Out of do you look after any of Alistar Bols stock? I notice his 12c advert says the car comes with a 12 month warranty, just doesn't say who.
We do various things with Alastair but hes a few hours away from us and that make it hard. He has his own warranty with Car care Plan - the same people as Mclaren and I understand the only difference is that his has a £10k limit per claim (as ours does) but seeing as we can replace a gearbox or rebuild an engine for less than that it seems sensible.


GT4RS

2,340 posts

152 months

Monday 22nd June
quotequote all
Thorney said:
GT4RS said:
That seems a very practical approach to looking after a vehicle, rather than being advised by a manufactured service centre that all needs replacing. In some cases also being told sorry sir we only replace them in pairs!

Out of do you look after any of Alistar Bols stock? I notice his 12c advert says the car comes with a 12 month warranty, just doesn't say who.
We do various things with Alastair but hes a few hours away from us and that make it hard. He has his own warranty with Car care Plan - the same people as Mclaren and I understand the only difference is that his has a £10k limit per claim (as ours does) but seeing as we can replace a gearbox or rebuild an engine for less than that it seems sensible.
Thank you for the reply.

Couple of quick questions.

If one was buy a car from the likes of AB and it came with one of his warranties are you able to carry out the warranty work on their behalf.

On the 10th or 11th month when the years warranty was due to run out are you able to carry out a full inspection advising a condition report / fault report which would allow a claim to be made if needed and then would allow a warranty to be put in place with yourselves at the end of the 12 month.

Please can you confirm the cost of a year’s warranty on a 12C with yourselves.

Do you offer a collection / delivery service.

If one was to give you a registration would you be able to see if you had previously worked on the car.

Feel free to message me if you prefer.

Many thanks

detee

517 posts

104 months

Monday 22nd June
quotequote all
I keep looking at 12c's but then early 570s are getting close to the same price. Then surely the choice is tricky?

650spider

1,008 posts

126 months

Monday 22nd June
quotequote all
detee said:
I keep looking at 12c's but then early 570s are getting close to the same price. Then surely the choice is tricky?
I think that shows that one model has maybe found its low price point and remain static before just maybe starting to creep back up...and the other has maybe yet to find that point...

GT4RS

2,340 posts

152 months

Monday 22nd June
quotequote all
650spider said:
I think that shows that one model has maybe found its low price point and remain static before just maybe starting to creep back up...and the other has maybe yet to find that point...
You may be right 650s 65k to 70K might well be the floor for a nice12c, be shocked if they keep dropping.

They are starting to look excellent value and it sounds like they are very usable.

akadk

802 posts

134 months

Tuesday 23rd June
quotequote all
Price gone up £2k

ComStrike

41 posts

48 months

Wednesday 24th June
quotequote all
What about this one ?
Big spec car with Carbon Ceramics ? A rare option on the 12c

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10595246?u...

moc

212 posts

164 months

Saturday 27th June
quotequote all
ComStrike said:
What about this one ?
Big spec car with Carbon Ceramics ? A rare option on the 12c

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10595246?u...
Aren’t the early CCB’s a bit of a liability or is that just another urban myth ?

anissut

246 posts

174 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
Nice one just popped up in the classifieds. Very high spec with buckets as well.

PompeyReece

874 posts

44 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
I was out at the weekend trying to keep up with a 12C - 70,000 miles on the clock and the owner wasn't running a warranty.

And good grief, did it move. It was going round corners like a fly riding a rocket, totally level - the suspension must be something else.

Awesome machine.