Purple 12c spider at TH jnr

Purple 12c spider at TH jnr

Author
Discussion

Curledge

355 posts

5 months

Thursday 17th March
quotequote all
Not sure what could even close to replacing that for less than double the money.
I would just keep it forever rather than get £80k

akadk

1,052 posts

156 months

Thursday 17th March
quotequote all
Curledge said:
Not sure what could even close to replacing that for less than double the money.
I would just keep it forever rather than get £80k
i think you are right - i am certainly in no rush to sell - but having just taken delivery of a GT4, I had to placate the missus by at least advertising it !

akadk

1,052 posts

156 months

Thursday 17th March
quotequote all

Oaky

115 posts

149 months

Thursday 17th March
quotequote all
I’m tempted to side with your better half

Smoothound

145 posts

23 months

Thursday 17th March
quotequote all
Oaky said:
I’m tempted to side with your better half
I would like both but if I could only have one it would have to be the 12C and sorely tempted to enquire...

Curledge

355 posts

5 months

Thursday 17th March
quotequote all
akadk said:
i think you are right - i am certainly in no rush to sell - but having just taken delivery of a GT4, I had to placate the missus by at least advertising it !
Think I would rather flip the GT4 for a profit than downgrade

Oaky

115 posts

149 months

Thursday 17th March
quotequote all
Smoothound said:
Oaky said:
I’m tempted to side with your better half
I would like both but if I could only have one it would have to be the 12C and sorely tempted to enquire...
Me too. It’s gorgeous

Midlander

4 posts

112 months

Friday 18th March
quotequote all
How come two new thermostats was a significant bill are they hard to access

akadk

1,052 posts

156 months

Friday 18th March
quotequote all
Midlander said:
How come two new thermostats was a significant bill are they hard to access


you can add the VAT onto that also



andymc

6,863 posts

184 months

Friday 18th March
quotequote all
did you have to pay?

Oaky

115 posts

149 months

Friday 18th March
quotequote all
A beautiful car. And with the coveted penis wheels.

I would probably change them to er black um

12pack

1,386 posts

145 months

Friday 18th March
quotequote all
That Frank Stephenson, taut, no-unnecessary-fake curves design is aging well. In this day of smooth EVs, looks fresher than the rococo pokey edges and gaps on the newer stuff especially from Italy - Roma excepted.

Took the SO the other day to look at a 675LT. She though I would be crazy to spend that much to make the 650 look ugly banghead

Edited by 12pack on Friday 18th March 16:48

macdeb

8,070 posts

232 months

Friday 18th March
quotequote all
Frank was bang on the money with his design. No question, still looks fresh and aging better than others.

akadk

1,052 posts

156 months

Friday 18th March
quotequote all
Wow, this car is a different kettle of fish after taking it out for the first blast

Midlander

4 posts

112 months

Saturday 19th March
quotequote all
akadk said:


you can add the VAT onto that also
I assume the first line is labour note coolant fluid

vanman1936

565 posts

196 months

Saturday 19th March
quotequote all
akadk said:
Wow, this car is a different kettle of fish after taking it out for the first blast
Love them. Tried to order one with no luck. Did your place your order early on?

coolchris

820 posts

179 months

Saturday 19th March
quotequote all
So what are the comparisons between the gt4 and 12c ?.I'd have thought for outright pace the 12c would have the gt4 comfortably licked.But with cars we know that's only half the story as a drivers car and driver involvement I'd have a guess the Cayman is a stunning car to get behind the wheel of.I was lucky enough to have a drive in a 12c that a friend was selling and it felt stupidly rapid and that's after driving a noble m12 for 15 years.Your 12c is stunning and on a sunny day with the roof dropped not many better places to be.

akadk

1,052 posts

156 months

Saturday 19th March
quotequote all
vanman1936 said:
akadk said:
Wow, this car is a different kettle of fish after taking it out for the first blast
Love them. Tried to order one with no luck. Did your place your order early on?


It’s a 981

Crazy high spec. PTS and PCCB etc etc

akadk

1,052 posts

156 months

Saturday 19th March
quotequote all
coolchris said:
So what are the comparisons between the gt4 and 12c ?.I'd have thought for outright pace the 12c would have the gt4 comfortably licked.But with cars we know that's only half the story as a drivers car and driver involvement I'd have a guess the Cayman is a stunning car to get behind the wheel of.I was lucky enough to have a drive in a 12c that a friend was selling and it felt stupidly rapid and that's after driving a noble m12 for 15 years.Your 12c is stunning and on a sunny day with the roof dropped not many better places to be.
They are very different to be honest

The GT4 is much smaller, and feels it on the road. It’s unbelievably sharp and the naturally aspirated engine and manual transmission make it really involving and engaging - night and day vs the 997 GTS I had recently , even thou that was manual and had buckets.

I totally agree, the 12C is a proper feel good car on a sunny day - crazy value in todays market


andymc

6,863 posts

184 months

Saturday 19th March
quotequote all
akadk said:
is that a GT4 RS?