BMW 225xe (2 Series Active Tourer)

BMW 225xe (2 Series Active Tourer)

Author
Discussion

Cfboys

72 posts

6 months

Thursday 25th October
quotequote all
BoloH4wes said:
Car has arrived at the dealers and delivery has been confirmed for 8th November.

Haven't decided on getting a rolec charger fitted or just getting a leccy round to fit an external plug socket...
Price wise, there can’t be much difference, right?

BoloH4wes

19 posts

26 months

Thursday 25th October
quotequote all
Not too sure, but the chargers are pretty ugly. I can hide a socket and some cable fairly easy.

R0B3RT

81 posts

30 months

Friday 26th October
quotequote all
BoloH4wes said:
Not too sure, but the chargers are pretty ugly. I can hide a socket and some cable fairly easy.
Look at the EO Mini - simialr size to an external 3-pin socket. From what I read the car will charge faster through a dedicated box rather than a 3-pin. Maye an hour or so quicker.

R0B3RT

81 posts

30 months

Friday 26th October
quotequote all
chrisk said:
Hi All,

Some advise please. My parents signed up to this 1+17, £229.

They got a message from Total today for the direct debit and the price now doesn't reflect the quote. They want £229 as first payment and remaining payments are £299. Seems the guy they originally dealt with no longer works there and original price was a mistake!? I believe its been left with Total investigating this, parents will just pull out if the price does go up.

Anyone else had this? Seems a bit of a one-off, I'd imagine these forums would be going crazy otherwise!?

Help, advice, experience to the contrary appreciated.

Thanks.
I'm suprised to see this. They were all at £229 (£239 / £249 - depending on premium or M Sport). I didn;t even hear of one at £299. Mind you I'm now going to check my paperwork!

R0B3RT

81 posts

30 months

Friday 26th October
quotequote all
R0B3RT said:
chrisk said:
Hi All,

Some advise please. My parents signed up to this 1+17, £229.

They got a message from Total today for the direct debit and the price now doesn't reflect the quote. They want £229 as first payment and remaining payments are £299. Seems the guy they originally dealt with no longer works there and original price was a mistake!? I believe its been left with Total investigating this, parents will just pull out if the price does go up.

Anyone else had this? Seems a bit of a one-off, I'd imagine these forums would be going crazy otherwise!?

Help, advice, experience to the contrary appreciated.

Thanks.
I'm suprised to see this. They were all at £229 (£239 / £249 - depending on premium or M Sport). I didn;t even hear of one at £299. Mind you I'm now going to check my paperwork!
Yeah mine is certainly £239 (as have Premium pack) for the duration. This sounds like they are trying to pull a fast one or there is a mistake on the paperwork. It would be unusual to have a smaller inital like that. What spec car was it?

In other news - mine is at the dealer but not getting it for a month or so - anyone else picked up yet? Pics?

Advertisement

chrisk

320 posts

164 months

Friday 26th October
quotequote all
Turns out total investigated and the £299 was a mistake and they’ll send out new paperwork with the correct figure of £229/m (base model).

I can’t help but think that they tried to pull a fast one. Wonder whether they don’t have enough cars and playing this game to put a few people off, could have been much worse had my parents had a lease about to expire etc. And maybe left car-less.

This seems like they’ve got so many cars on lease at the £229 price that they can’t get the prices wrong and pretend otherwise!?

Anyway, all resolved. Thanks.

BoloH4wes

19 posts

26 months

Friday 26th October
quotequote all
I think you're reading too much into it.

ruggerz

29 posts

33 months

Wednesday 31st October
quotequote all
Can anyone who has taken delivery of their xe advise how long the standard 3-pin plug charger is?

Trying to figure out where on the outside of my garage I need to fit an outside socket for it to reach.

For reference, I have to reverse up to the outside of my garage, so it will need to run from the front to the back of the car and then a bit further.

Springer996

5 posts

1 month

Thursday 1st November
quotequote all
Powerlead's about 10' long. Ours arrived yesterday, from Partridge BMW on south coast. Very pleased. Anyone who imagines Tota Motion would think they could hoodwink another £70 pm off a customer is certainly cup half empty!

So far,
+ves, acceleration with both ends working, instant cabin warmth, good seats, feels like a quality car with BMW esque handling
-ves, can turn on but not be 'ready' (foxed her indoors), having to wait to remove plug if charging not complete, brake pedal will take some getting use to (regen)

fizz47

Original Poster:

2,038 posts

146 months

Thursday 1st November
quotequote all
Can someone confirm what charging leads come with the car as standard?

In the process of getting a charger installed at the hose and want to check what options there are..





Springer996

5 posts

1 month

Thursday 1st November
quotequote all
As an EV novice I don't understand the question? One supplied with car has standard three pin plug fitted. Car asks you to inform of charging rate, low/med/high and as mine is from a domestic plug, I selected low. hasn't melted my T+E yet

fizz47

Original Poster:

2,038 posts

146 months

Thursday 1st November
quotequote all
Springer996 said:
As an EV novice I don't understand the question? One supplied with car has standard three pin plug fitted. Car asks you to inform of charging rate, low/med/high and as mine is from a domestic plug, I selected low. hasn't melted my T+E yet
Did the car come with only a domestic 3 pin charging cable or does it come with a cable that can be plugged into public charging points etc?

My last MB C350e came with with both types of charging cables.

Springer996

5 posts

1 month

Thursday 1st November
quotequote all
Only one

Auto-Teknix

5 posts

135 months

Thursday 1st November
quotequote all
ruggerz said:
Can anyone who has taken delivery of their xe advise how long the standard 3-pin plug charger is?

Trying to figure out where on the outside of my garage I need to fit an outside socket for it to reach.

For reference, I have to reverse up to the outside of my garage, so it will need to run from the front to the back of the car and then a bit further.
Took delivery of mine a week ago, great car. The total length of the lead from the 13 amp plug to the end of the car charge plug is 5 m.



Auto-Teknix

5 posts

135 months

Thursday 1st November
quotequote all
Is the car supposed to lock when you walk away from it ? I have set it to autolock in the options but it still doesn't lock.

Auto-Teknix

5 posts

135 months

Thursday 1st November
quotequote all
Springer996 said:
As an EV novice I don't understand the question? One supplied with car has standard three pin plug fitted. Car asks you to inform of charging rate, low/med/high and as mine is from a domestic plug, I selected low. hasn't melted my T+E yet
I've run it on high which is about 10 amps, it barely gets warm. Don't try it on a coiled extension lead though.

Cfboys

72 posts

6 months

Saturday 3rd November
quotequote all
For anyone who has installed a rolec ev charger, I have mine booked in for next week.

The installer claims only the green colour option is available for the £149 advertised price. Want an additional £12 to £15 for any other colours. Is this correct?

Also, what is the warranty period if it ever fails? Thanks

Somebody

288 posts

19 months

Saturday 3rd November
quotequote all
Cfboys said:
For anyone who has installed a rolec ev charger, I have mine booked in for next week.

The installer claims only the green colour option is available for the £149 advertised price. Want an additional £12 to £15 for any other colours. Is this correct?

Also, what is the warranty period if it ever fails? Thanks
Yes, other colours are extra. Warranty is 3 years if bought under OLEV grant.

loofer

167 posts

5 months

Saturday 3rd November
quotequote all
Scheduled delivery of mine in 10 days. Anybody found a user manual online? I could do with starting to read up on the charging and drive options now. I doubt it’s going to be a BMW folk delivering it to tell me all I need to know. Will be a 3PL co I’m sure

EDIT:
I’ve found the official App, just need somebody kind enough to PM me their VIN so I can download the manual.
https://www.bmw.com.mt/en/topics/offers-and-servic...

Edited by loofer on Saturday 3rd November 12:31

James-l4h2w

2 posts

21 months

Tuesday 6th November
quotequote all
Are other people paying £149 in total for the charger? The company that quote me are adding on for certification and earth rod etc.

Quote below:

Rolec untethered 7.2KW ​​​​​ £124.16

Building Control/ Warranty/ Certification​​ £15.00

Earth Rod, Inspection Box and Clamp​ £50.00

Sub Total. ​​£189.16

VAT​​​£37.83

Total Client Contribution​​£226.99

  • Gas & Water Bonding is charged at £80.00 per bond, if not present on site**