Model 3 UK orders.

Author
Discussion

ZesPak

19,275 posts

143 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
Could be just more accurate consumption. I think it already takes a lot into account at this point (temp, elevation, traffic,...), but could just be tweaked to be more accurate.

SWoll

8,231 posts

205 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
ZesPak said:
Could be just more accurate consumption. I think it already takes a lot into account at this point (temp, elevation, traffic,...), but could just be tweaked to be more accurate.
Indeed.

Making a video about that won't get you as many clicks as "Sneaky OTA update removed 5kWh" though..

jjwilde

795 posts

43 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
kuro68k said:
Anyone had the battery capacity nerf yet? Interested how your downgrade compares to Bjorn's.
He's admitted that video might have just been click bait. There is a bit of a backlash right now.

Durzel

7,926 posts

115 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Someone who derives income from YouTube exaggerated something or told outright untruths? Egads!

*monocle falls out*

chris4652009

1,288 posts

31 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
An interesting video touching on a few common issues
https://youtu.be/qnUM0OWB0dM

Zcd1

67 posts

2 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
SWoll said:
Indeed.

Making a video about that won't get you as many clicks as "Sneaky OTA update removed 5kWh" though..
Like I said, he’s a clown.

Dave Hedgehog

11,675 posts

151 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Zcd1 said:
SWoll said:
Indeed.

Making a video about that won't get you as many clicks as "Sneaky OTA update removed 5kWh" though..
Like I said, he’s a clown.
As i said his test methodology is very unreliable

Dave Hedgehog

11,675 posts

151 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
chris4652009 said:
An interesting video touching on a few common issues
https://youtu.be/qnUM0OWB0dM
on the model X, so not really relevant for a model 3 thread is it smile

Durzel

7,926 posts

115 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Dave Hedgehog said:
chris4652009 said:
An interesting video touching on a few common issues
https://youtu.be/qnUM0OWB0dM
on the model X, so not really relevant for a model 3 thread is it smile
+1

chris4652009

1,288 posts

31 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Durzel said:
Dave Hedgehog said:
chris4652009 said:
An interesting video touching on a few common issues
https://youtu.be/qnUM0OWB0dM
on the model X, so not really relevant for a model 3 thread is it smile
+1
Dammit sorry guys, I thought I'd posted it in the main tesla thread

DDg

984 posts

137 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Has anyone taken delivery of a Model 3 Performance and can comment on the ride quality with the big (20”?) wheels. I’m looking for a relaxing car to drive, not BMW nuggetyness, but obvs my head is being turned by 3.2s 0-60... Thanks.

SWoll

8,231 posts

205 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
DDg said:
Has anyone taken delivery of a Model 3 Performance and can comment on the ride quality with the big (20”?) wheels. I’m looking for a relaxing car to drive, not BMW nuggetyness, but obvs my head is being turned by 3.2s 0-60... Thanks.
You need the P- if you can still find one, there were a few on the Tesla site over the weekend but all gone now. 3.2 0-60 still but 18" wheels and standard suspension, brakes etc.

Zcd1

67 posts

2 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
DDg said:
Has anyone taken delivery of a Model 3 Performance and can comment on the ride quality with the big (20”?) wheels. I’m looking for a relaxing car to drive, not BMW nuggetyness, but obvs my head is being turned by 3.2s 0-60... Thanks.
Sure, but whether you find it comfortable is a personal preference thing, not an absolute thing.

It's firmer than my previous Audi S6, but softer than the lowered Audi S4 that preceded the S6. It's on par with a BMW 3 series with an M-Sport suspension, meaning much softer than an M3, but firmer than a cooking-grade 320...

Does that help?

Zcd1

67 posts

2 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Yet another "Car of the Year" award for the 3:

https://www.parkers.co.uk/car-awards/2020/car-of-t...

RobDickinson

27,418 posts

201 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
You can fit 3rd party 18s on the p+

I find my p- ride is fine.

P+ suspension is lower but afik not firmer

springfan62

365 posts

23 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Test drove an M3P with 20” wheels and the suspension was firm but not harsh or uncomfortable.

Have ordered the same so can’t be that bad.

DDg

984 posts

137 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
SWoll said:
You need the P- if you can still find one, there were a few on the Tesla site over the weekend but all gone now. 3.2 0-60 still but 18" wheels and standard suspension, brakes etc.
Is that the UK site? I thought there was only one Performance model.

And thanks Rob D too, so some aftermarket will clear the brake caliper, although it's a shame to pay extra for comfort. I have an invite for a test drive this week at Uxbridge so hopefully I'll see for myself.

Sat in one in a dealer this morning but there wasn't anyone to answer questions - I was the only customer in there too! I had to locate the fart function by myself.

Edited by DDg on Monday 21st October 20:08

FurtiveFreddy

8,116 posts

184 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Ride quality is subjective, but the Performance + is very good in my opinion and that's comparing it to my 335i, which I find I no longer want to drive as it feels so primitive.

SWoll

8,231 posts

205 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Just bumped into a friendly chap in my local Waitrose car park who was parking up in the next bay as I was getting back to our charging i3 wanting to charge his Model 3 Performance.

So far seen a few SR+ in the flesh in blue/grey/red and been a a bit meh about the look of them but the Performance model in white looked great.

Best comment from him was "I drive it in chill most of the time as it's just too fast in sport" smile

Even more excited about mine turning up soon and now totally sold on white as well. Particularly glad we decided to have coffee after shopping now. thumbup

Edited by SWoll on Tuesday 22 October 13:01

MOBB

1,569 posts

74 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
SWoll said:
Best comment from him was "I drive it in chill most of the time as it's just too fast in sport" smile

Edited by SWoll on Tuesday 22 October 13:01
My wife does too. I drive it in sport, I just think its too blunted in Chill, it needs a half way house imo.

Luckily Sport mode doesn't mean jerky jerky like it usually does with ICE cars.

She gets her i3s this weekend and I "inherit" the Model 3 Performance full time :-)