PistonHeads.com Forum

Stay on the official PistonHeads campsite at Le Mans 2017

Stay on the official PistonHeads campsite at Le Mans 2017

Author
Discussion

chum racing

Original Poster:

278 posts

130 months

Tuesday 18th October 2016
quotequote all
Hello from 1st Tickets, PistonHeads’ Le Mans 24 Hours and Le Mans Classic partner!

For those of you that don’t already know us, we are PistonHeads’ preferred supplier of private and public camping at Le Mans. We provide two PH private campsites at the circuit. We’re an established tour operator that focuses on Endurance and Classic car events with the Le Mans 24 Hours as our flagship event. We are, also, an official for the ACO and have been helping customers with the ticket, travel and accommodation requirements to events at Le Mans, Silverstone and Spa for 10 years.

Since 2009 we have run and managed the PistonHeads private campsites. Our large site is on Bleu Nord and the smaller more exclusive site is inside the circuit at Premier Vert (close to the Forest Esses). We also have a good range of public campsites at the circuit, along with grandstand seats and parking available.

We are a privately owned family business and we pride ourselves on our high standard of customer service and knowledge of the circuit and events. We won’t be using the forum to push our products, but to help you and your group make informed choices about where you stay at the circuit.

So if you are planning to come to Le Mans, but are unsure where to stay, give us a shout and we’ll be happy to help.

To find out more about our packages and services check us out on http://www.1st-tickets.co.uk

If you need anything feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks,
Brian

info@1st-tickets.co.uk
01234 834601

indyxe

343 posts

107 months

Thursday 20th October 2016
quotequote all
Hi, I'm considering this year booking 1st tickets premier site on PV, I'm kinda getting sick of hauling all the cooking gear etc.
I've noticed that your pitch sizes are smaller than the ACO sites 7x5, as there will be three or possibly four of us 1st tickets sized pitches for three and four persons are quoted at 5x5, does this pitch size include the car and tent, not sure this would be big enough for our tent and car, we just manage to get tent and car on a 7x5 pitch?.Can you confirm pitch sizes.
thanks Indyxe

chum racing

Original Poster:

278 posts

130 months

Thursday 20th October 2016
quotequote all
Hi Indyxe,

Yes, Premier Vert is set up in a different way to the ACO sites as it is made up of two parts. There is the camping area with all its facilities (marquee with dining area and cash bar, toilets, showers, etc) then there is also the secure parking area, which is fenced and on tarmac about 30m from the campsite.

As a car normally takes up a good proportion of the camping pitch, the pitches on PV are smaller than the ACO pitches, but still sufficient for a reasonably sized tent. For a group of 3/4 people there are two pitch sizes available; a standard (3.5m x 5m) and a large (5m x 5m). Realistically, it is the footprint of your tent that will determine how much space you'll need, but there is plenty of open space on the site around the marquee to relax and chat with the other campers.

With food included as part of the package and the cash bar, there is no need to bring cooking gear or trying to keep you provisions and beer cold. Also in the marquee there are lockers to store your valuables and a charging point, so you don't have to leave things in your car.

Hope this helps, but if you need any further information, just post on here or drop us a line.

indyxe said:
Hi, I'm considering this year booking 1st tickets premier site on PV, I'm kinda getting sick of hauling all the cooking gear etc.
I've noticed that your pitch sizes are smaller than the ACO sites 7x5, as there will be three or possibly four of us 1st tickets sized pitches for three and four persons are quoted at 5x5, does this pitch size include the car and tent, not sure this would be big enough for our tent and car, we just manage to get tent and car on a 7x5 pitch?.Can you confirm pitch sizes.
thanks Indyxe

MrJingles705

344 posts

67 months

Thursday 20th October 2016
quotequote all
can you expand on the bar a bit? How late does it run? Whats the price per pint? (Appreciate currency is all over the shot right now so 2016 prices would be fine).

chum racing

Original Poster:

278 posts

130 months

Friday 21st October 2016
quotequote all
We usually keep the cash bar open to about 01:00 each night (depending on the demand). In 2016 we had draft Kronenbourg @ €6 and Guinness @ €7 a pint available along with a selection of wines (by the glass and bottle), soft drinks and champagne.

Hope this helps.

MrJingles705 said:
can you expand on the bar a bit? How late does it run? Whats the price per pint? (Appreciate currency is all over the shot right now so 2016 prices would be fine).
Advertisement

Regiment

2,564 posts

83 months

Tuesday 13th June
quotequote all
Hi Chum, might not be able to answer this but just pricing up for next year as bit late for this year. Does the bleu nord campsite get you breakfast as part of the package or is that something that'll need extra for?


Trackside Junior

362 posts

147 months

Thursday 15th June
quotequote all
Am in Bleu Nord not with in the official PH stay. Can I come say hello or not? Also is anyone bringing an F40 because that's my preferred spot for the year (century)?

Disclaimer: Drunk while writing.

johnxjsc1985

13,253 posts

88 months

Thursday 15th June
quotequote all
Trackside Junior said:
Am in Bleu Nord not with in the official PH stay. Can I come say hello or not? Also is anyone bringing an F40 because that's my preferred spot for the year (century)?

Disclaimer: Drunk while writing.
at this time of night it would be a crime not to be. glad the weather is perfect for Camping

MrC986

1,850 posts

115 months

Sunday 25th June
quotequote all
Just a quick post to thank Brian, Caroline& the team for another excellent LM24 trip - we had 2 complete LM24 newbies & one who'd not done the PH/1st Tickets solution before & as a group we had an excellent time, plus the weather was scorching! LM24 2018 is already in the diary thumbup

chum racing

Original Poster:

278 posts

130 months

Thursday 13th July
quotequote all
Regiment said:
Hi Chum, might not be able to answer this but just pricing up for next year as bit late for this year. Does the bleu nord campsite get you breakfast as part of the package or is that something that'll need extra for?
Sorry for the delay in replying. We've been taking some time off following this year's LM24.

The PH camping package includes 3 x breakfast and 3 x two course evening meals. Usually, people will have an evening meal on their day of arrival and breakfast on the departure day. So, effectively covering your food for four days.

If you are staying with us for more than four days you can add extra meals to your package.

Hope this helps.

chum racing

Original Poster:

278 posts

130 months

Thursday 13th July
quotequote all
MrC986 said:
Just a quick post to thank Brian, Caroline& the team for another excellent LM24 trip - we had 2 complete LM24 newbies & one who'd not done the PH/1st Tickets solution before & as a group we had an excellent time, plus the weather was scorching! LM24 2018 is already in the diary thumbup
Thanks very much, we are glad that you and the newbies had such a good time.

Don't forget that, as a 2017 customer, you can make an advance booking for 2018 or pre-register for information about PHLM18

4parajon

34 posts

101 months

Thursday
quotequote all
Hi there
Looking to book the Blue Nord campsite for the 2018 classic but could you tell me how far the actual track is from the site please.

chum racing

Original Poster:

278 posts

130 months

Thursday
quotequote all
4parajon said:
Hi there
Looking to book the Blue Nord campsite for the 2018 classic but could you tell me how far the actual track is from the site please.
For the Classic the PH/1st Tickets private campsite is on the Bleu Nord campsite. This is just outside the circuit between the road that runs along the back of the grandstand and the airport perimeter.

From the campsite it is only a 2/3 minute walk to the nearest circuit entrance and Maison Blanche. From there it is about another 5 minutes or so to the main grandstands and tunnel through to the paddock areas.

Hope this helps.