Mobile roaming charges

Mobile roaming charges

Author
Discussion

Great Dane

Original Poster:

2,168 posts

94 months

Thursday 6th April 2017
quotequote all
Just read on the Danish national news that the mobile roaming charges are set to disappear completely on 15th June....

delta0

943 posts

34 months

Thursday 6th April 2017
quotequote all
I'm on three anyway so don't get roaming charges for most countries I visit. I wonder if this new change means you can use your contract allowance in Europe at no extra cost or you are on a different rate

Tyre Smoke

10,336 posts

189 months

Friday 7th April 2017
quotequote all
I'm with EE, albeit a business contract, but my allowance of unlimited calls,texts and data is Europewide now with no extra charges.

In other words, I can use my phone as though I was in the UK.

Great Dane

Original Poster:

2,168 posts

94 months

Friday 7th April 2017
quotequote all
Tyre Smoke said:
I'm with EE, albeit a business contract, but my allowance of unlimited calls,texts and data is Europewide now with no extra charges.

In other words, I can use my phone as though I was in the UK.
only until we leave the EU ahem...


chasingracecars

1,145 posts

25 months

Saturday 8th April 2017
quotequote all
Mine has been included on Business Vodafone for about a year. Full 30gb anywhere! Haven't tried the moon yet . Used to pay £3 a day or £6 depending on where I was but that was waived last year.
Advertisement

chrisr111r

145 posts

57 months

Monday 10th April 2017
quotequote all
ooh, so if o2 get their finger out in implementing the change, it will save me £2 a day.. :-)

Tyre Smoke

10,336 posts

189 months

Monday 10th April 2017
quotequote all
Great Dane said:
Tyre Smoke said:
I'm with EE, albeit a business contract, but my allowance of unlimited calls,texts and data is Europewide now with no extra charges.

In other words, I can use my phone as though I was in the UK.
only until we leave the EU ahem...
Safe to say, I'll probably be ok at LM this year then! wink

//j17

2,916 posts

151 months

Monday 10th April 2017
quotequote all
Tyre Smoke said:
Safe to say, I'll probably be ok at LM this year then! wink
Other than the fact there will be 250,000 other people trying to use their phones on the same set of masts, yes.

Tyre Smoke

10,336 posts

189 months

Tuesday 11th April 2017
quotequote all
I never have a problem until Saturday afternoon generally. Then I don't bother. I'm there to watch the racing, not surf the net.

But I think you're missing the point.

surveyor

12,745 posts

112 months

Monday 17th April 2017
quotequote all
//j17 said:
Tyre Smoke said:
Safe to say, I'll probably be ok at LM this year then! wink
Other than the fact there will be 250,000 other people trying to use their phones on the same set of masts, yes.
If the operators have done their planning properly they will have brought along some temporary masts to assist....