Le Mans Classic 2018 Convoy

Le Mans Classic 2018 Convoy

Author
Discussion

eastsider

1,048 posts

158 months

Monday 2nd July
quotequote all
Looks awesome!

NorfolkTornado

11 posts

43 months

Monday 2nd July
quotequote all
Hi all,
We’ll be travelling down to the LeMans on the Thursday, but I think we’ll be a little too late to joint this proposed convoy (we’re on the Portsmouth to Caen ferry, which docks around 3pm local time)
As I’ve not been down this way before and we’re in no rush to get there, guidance and support for a pleasant run on the way down would be appreciated. So if could be copied in on the proposed route plan, or other recommendations it would be highly appreciated
Regards,
Andy

johnzo

521 posts

202 months

Tuesday 3rd July
quotequote all
Can I ditto that please? I would like to join you guys, but my Chunnel crossing gets me to Calais just before noon, so south of Rouen around 2pm which is behind your schedule (and Rouen traffic and fuel stop might delay further). If I have your route, I might follow you down, keeping to all speed limits! John



GG33

914 posts

136 months

Tuesday 3rd July
quotequote all
johnzo said:
Can I ditto that please? I would like to join you guys, but my Chunnel crossing gets me to Calais just before noon, so south of Rouen around 2pm which is behind your schedule (and Rouen traffic and fuel stop might delay further). If I have your route, I might follow you down, keeping to all speed limits! John

If you head for Caen sticking to the autoroute, you will probably get to the Caen meeting point before the convoy, maybe even the one before.

GG

Miner49er

Original Poster:

345 posts

140 months

Tuesday 3rd July
quotequote all
NorfolkTornado said:
So if could be copied in on the proposed route plan…
johnzo said:
If I have your route…
Send me a PM and I’ll send you some info.
Advertisement

crosseyedlion

1,686 posts

133 months

Tuesday 3rd July
quotequote all
Hi, looks like I'll be travelling down on the Thursday Morning Solo. The timings look quite close to yours.

Any possibility of joining the convoy?
Nothing exciting, just my E39 525d touring or Audi A4 Avant

Miner49er

Original Poster:

345 posts

140 months

Tuesday 3rd July
quotequote all
crosseyedlion said:
Hi, looks like I'll be travelling down on the Thursday Morning Solo. The timings look quite close to yours.

Any possibility of joining the convoy?
Nothing exciting, just my E39 525d touring or Audi A4 Avant
Send me a PM with your crossing details and I’ll reply with some info.

BenLowden

1,266 posts

112 months

PH Marketing Bloke

Tuesday 3rd July
quotequote all
Sadly we're not going to be able to make this now as we'll be travelling out later on Thursday, but hope you all have a great drive down and look forward to seeing many of you at the Friday Service!

Miner49er

Original Poster:

345 posts

140 months

Tuesday 3rd July
quotequote all
BenLowden said:
Sadly we're not going to be able to make this now as we'll be travelling out later on Thursday, but hope you all have a great drive down and look forward to seeing many of you at the Friday Service!
No worries Ben... thanks for letting me know. Have a good drive down yourselves.

As long as the car survives, we’ll see you at the Friday Service.

BenLowden

1,266 posts

112 months

PH Marketing Bloke

Wednesday 4th July
quotequote all
Miner49er said:
As long as the car survives, we’ll see you at the Friday Service.
I hope so, that 205 looks awesome! Luckily we're not walking and finally have two sets of wheels to get us there too.

Byker28i

13,720 posts

152 months

Wednesday 4th July
quotequote all
NorfolkTornado said:
Hi all,
We’ll be travelling down to the LeMans on the Thursday, but I think we’ll be a little too late to joint this proposed convoy (we’re on the Portsmouth to Caen ferry, which docks around 3pm local time)
As I’ve not been down this way before and we’re in no rush to get there, guidance and support for a pleasant run on the way down would be appreciated. So if could be copied in on the proposed route plan, or other recommendations it would be highly appreciated
Regards,
Andy
We're on the same crossing - look out for 3 TVR's. 2 Cerberas and a tuscan

ffc

466 posts

94 months

Wednesday 4th July
quotequote all
We are two cars that are going through the tunnel but too late for the convoy meeting. Is there any chance you could share your route at all?

crosseyedlion

1,686 posts

133 months

Wednesday 4th July
quotequote all
Ferry finally booked!

On the 7:25am crossing Dover-Calais with P&O, anyone else?

wormski

50 posts

125 months

Wednesday 4th July
quotequote all
This is a bit last minute but here goes.... i'm in a 7 car person group getting the 23.30 ferry from porstmouth to Le Havre. We arrive in Le Havre 8.30am Friday morning. I'm looking for route advice and if there is any rendezvous points. We fancy nice roads over fast roads.

Miner49er

Original Poster:

345 posts

140 months

Wednesday 4th July
quotequote all
Sorry... only just seen your requests for the route and too late now to send out. Maybe next time.

For every one else; see you in the morning!

Daxed

184 posts

130 months

Thursday 5th July
quotequote all
Coffee

eastsider

1,048 posts

158 months

Friday 6th July
quotequote all
Thanks for all your effort planning and leading this Kev, really enjoyed it. thumbup

theredmini

23 posts

96 months

Sunday 8th July
quotequote all
Thanks Kev for all the planning & preparation and to everyone else that came along for making it such an epic trip! We all really enjoyed it smile

Neil

Daxed

184 posts

130 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
Cheers all for making it such a memorable, fun & well behaved trip down.

Adding my thanks to Kev for all the work involved in the route planning & for leading us down.

Shout to Neil? for the excellent lead to re-group the tail of the convoy following a wrong turn.

What a great extended weekend, work this morning is a shock.

Daxed

184 posts

130 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
Cheers all for making it such a memorable, fun & well behaved trip down.

Adding my thanks to Kev for all the work involved in the route planning & for leading us down.

Shout to Neil? for the excellent lead to re-group the tail of the convoy following a wrong turn.

What a great extended weekend, work this morning is a shock.