A quiet campsite - we need a few more people

A quiet campsite - we need a few more people

Author
Discussion

wsn03

Original Poster:

852 posts

49 months

Wednesday 2nd October
quotequote all
ALL - just to advise
NO DEPOSITS WILL BE REQUIRED....cash to the owner on arrival


wsn03

Original Poster:

852 posts

49 months

Thursday 3rd October
quotequote all
It's looking good - our unsung hero (Piston heads user on here) who helped me get into the site in the first place 3 years ago, has had words and has been told a toilet block has been built.

There is a meeting with the site due in first week December according to the message he left - if facilities can be seen we will be fully sorted!

I need to re-emphasise - you don't need to book as such, and no money is required up front until you actually arrive.
I was just taking names to add pressure to the owner regarding numbers I can get for him if he pulls his socks up.

I'll start contacting people individually shortly - I'll send out a standard message checking who is still planning to use it, and then I'll forward the details of where etc.


B'stard Child

19,054 posts

194 months

Thursday 3rd October
quotequote all
Question

Will it be avaliable for the classic?

wsn03

Original Poster:

852 posts

49 months

Friday 4th October
quotequote all
B'stard Child said:
Question

Will it be avaliable for the classic?
I will find out, but I think almost certainly yes - I think he is there all yr round, would take anything

B'stard Child

19,054 posts

194 months

Friday 4th October
quotequote all
wsn03 said:
B'stard Child said:
Question

Will it be avaliable for the classic?
I will find out, but I think almost certainly yes - I think he is there all yr round, would take anything
If there are toilet/shower facilities the site would be ideal for the group I am trying to find a home for at the Le Mans Classic (~16 people)

I think without toilet/shower it wouldn't be suitable - I can ask but I think it would be "too basic"

I help with a couple of weekend car show events and trailer "toilets/shower" units aren't horrific to rent in the UK - no idea what the cost would be in France however

I think he may be missing a trick in terms of making site camping friendly in more than just location terms



Jim on the hill

3,721 posts

138 months

Friday 4th October
quotequote all
This sounds great, booked up for 2020 but not a site to stay at yet. Please keep me updated as I would much prefer to support someone local and be surrounded by Phers than randoms.

wsn03

Original Poster:

852 posts

49 months

Saturday 5th October
quotequote all
Jim on the hill said:
This sounds great, booked up for 2020 but not a site to stay at yet. Please keep me updated as I would much prefer to support someone local and be surrounded by Phers than randoms.
I will add you to the list, and will write to you shortly

wsn03

Original Poster:

852 posts

49 months

Saturday 5th October
quotequote all
Our PH France based friend has sorted a meeting with the campsite for 1st week in December to check out the new washroom.

So I'll write to everyone to check interest is still on shortly, then I'll give him a list of tent numbers to take with him - based on last yr I cant see any issues with space.

No deposit is required, but price will be confirmed in December. Im going to push for 125 euro per pitch for 4 nights ( this yr was 150 so be prepared for that).

Unless my friend or his friend take over the bookings it will be cash on arrival to the owner.

The only downside to mention is the drone of dual carriageway traffic some 30 mtrs away through the trees - we got used to it but it does seem to go through the night. That said we have stayed other sites including luxury ones and Tetre Rouge, and wouldn't swap this place for any of them.

Most importantly PLEASE KEEP THE LOCATION A SECRET, we want it to stay as a quiet site.

Lookout for emails next week.

Ive got a group of 13 this year. We do a nice little trip to a decent eatery on the Mulsanne straight plus another top spot im definitely not allowed to mention (flesh eating bears and giant tree spiders). If anyone using this campsite wants to tag along on race day they can:
Bicycles ( we taking folding ones with us) and hi viz jackets (so we don't lose anyone on the way back).

Edited by wsn03 on Saturday 5th October 16:39


Edited by wsn03 on Saturday 5th October 16:40

LM24Nut

298 posts

10 months

Saturday 5th October
quotequote all
wsn03 said:
Our PH France based friend has sorted a meeting with the campsite for 1st week in December to check out the new washroom.

So I'll write to everyone to check interest is still on shortly, then I'll give him a list of tent numbers to take with him - based on last yr I cant see any issues with space.

No deposit is required, but price will be confirmed in December. Im going to push for 125 euro per pitch for 4 nights ( this yr was 150 so be prepared for that).

Unless my friend or his friend take over the bookings it will be cash on arrival to the owner.

The only downside to mention is the drone of dual carriageway traffic some 30 mtrs away through the trees - we got used to it but it does seem to go through the night. That said we have stayed other sites including luxury ones and Tetre Rouge, and wouldn't swap this place for any of them.

Most importantly PLEASE KEEP THE LOCATION A SECRET, we want it to stay as a quiet site.

Lookout for emails next week.

Ive got a group of 13 this year. We do a nice little trip to a decent eatery on the Mulsanne straight plus another top spot im definitely not allowed to mention (flesh eating bears and giant tree spiders). If anyone using this campsite wants to tag along on race day they can:
Bicycles ( we taking folding ones with us) and hi viz jackets (so we don't lose anyone on the way back).

Edited by wsn03 on Saturday 5th October 16:39


Edited by wsn03 on Saturday 5th October 16:40
This has become quite an exciting thread.

Cass63

146 posts

67 months

Sunday 6th October
quotequote all
When you say its roughly £125 a pitch , do you mean per group, I’ve been keeping tabs on this thread as it seems ideal for our group, there’s six of us normally with 1 motorhome and 3 tents.

wsn03

Original Poster:

852 posts

49 months

Monday 7th October
quotequote all
LM24Nut said:
wsn03 said:
Our PH France based friend has sorted a meeting with the campsite for 1st week in December to check out the new washroom.

So I'll write to everyone to check interest is still on shortly, then I'll give him a list of tent numbers to take with him - based on last yr I cant see any issues with space.

No deposit is required, but price will be confirmed in December. Im going to push for 125 euro per pitch for 4 nights ( this yr was 150 so be prepared for that).

Unless my friend or his friend take over the bookings it will be cash on arrival to the owner.

The only downside to mention is the drone of dual carriageway traffic some 30 mtrs away through the trees - we got used to it but it does seem to go through the night. That said we have stayed other sites including luxury ones and Tetre Rouge, and wouldn't swap this place for any of them.

Most importantly PLEASE KEEP THE LOCATION A SECRET, we want it to stay as a quiet site.

Lookout for emails next week.

Ive got a group of 13 this year. We do a nice little trip to a decent eatery on the Mulsanne straight plus another top spot im definitely not allowed to mention (flesh eating bears and giant tree spiders). If anyone using this campsite wants to tag along on race day they can:
Bicycles ( we taking folding ones with us) and hi viz jackets (so we don't lose anyone on the way back).

Edited by wsn03 on Saturday 5th October 16:39


Edited by wsn03 on Saturday 5th October 16:40
This has become quite an exciting thread.
Ha...agreed, wasn't sure anyone would be even remotely interested! Could develop into a nice little gathering

wsn03

Original Poster:

852 posts

49 months

Monday 7th October
quotequote all
Cass63 said:
When you say its roughly £125 a pitch , do you mean per group, I’ve been keeping tabs on this thread as it seems ideal for our group, there’s six of us normally with 1 motorhome and 3 tents.
Definitely per pitch - that is what he has been charging us for THU to SUN

2017 he charged 100 euro / tent - some basic facilities
2018 he charged 150 euro / tent (200 for a motorhome with electric) - no facilities at all

So he has been inconsistent and in 2018 poor value. Our PH friend will either get him to fix a price or perhaps takeover the site / booking himself - either way I'm asking to pay 125 Euro per tent pitch for next year, and will get the amount confirmed in December.



Edited by wsn03 on Monday 7th October 11:01

wsn03

Original Poster:

852 posts

49 months

Monday 7th October
quotequote all
RC1807 said:
£150 / tent or £200 / motorhome is steep, isn't it - when there are rudimentary services? OK, electricity and quiet is noted. smile

I know we were on the (refugee camp) of Bleu Nord again this year, but we had a block of 4 pitches from Team Langoustine for about £300 on which we had 2 cars, 5 tents / people, and an event shelter. BN's stters and showers were good this year.

5 tents on your chap's area would be £750 vs. £300
I'm just sending out standard message to everyone interested - ignore my comments about possibly cheaper than the main sites! Just spotted what RC1807 wrote a while back on the subject.

I'm going to ask 125 euro as per previous, noting it isn't cheap compared, though it is a hell of a lot nicer than the refugee camps - hopefully this is around the right price for something in nice settings with working facilities. We paid 150 last year and didn't mind, but we just like the place, but I'm guessing 125 is a fairer price per pitch?!?

wsn03

Original Poster:

852 posts

49 months

Monday 7th October
quotequote all
UPDATE:

Ok I have sent out the latest information to everyone who expressed an interest - what is happening, what I need from you etc.
If I have missed anyone please let me know.

You now have my contact details and can keep posting questions on this thread.

I'll be confirming the inspection being ok (I hope) and the cost / how / when / who to pay in early to mid December.

itcaptainslow

2,438 posts

84 months

Monday 7th October
quotequote all
wsn03 said:
UPDATE:

Ok I have sent out the latest information to everyone who expressed an interest - what is happening, what I need from you etc.
If I have missed anyone please let me know.

You now have my contact details and can keep posting questions on this thread.

I'll be confirming the inspection being ok (I hope) and the cost / how / when / who to pay in early to mid December.
Received that, thanks. I’m hoping the owner decides installing shower facilities is a good idea!

B'stard Child

19,054 posts

194 months

Monday 7th October
quotequote all
wsn03 said:
UPDATE:

Ok I have sent out the latest information to everyone who expressed an interest - what is happening, what I need from you etc.
If I have missed anyone please let me know.

You now have my contact details and can keep posting questions on this thread.

I'll be confirming the inspection being ok (I hope) and the cost / how / when / who to pay in early to mid December.
Got it thanks

wsn03

Original Poster:

852 posts

49 months

Monday 7th October
quotequote all
itcaptainslow said:
Received that, thanks. I’m hoping the owner decides installing shower facilities is a good idea!
He's saying he has, but I need my PH friend to verify it in December

Jim on the hill

3,721 posts

138 months

Friday 11th October
quotequote all
wsn03 said:
UPDATE:

Ok I have sent out the latest information to everyone who expressed an interest - what is happening, what I need from you etc.
If I have missed anyone please let me know.

You now have my contact details and can keep posting questions on this thread.

I'll be confirming the inspection being ok (I hope) and the cost / how / when / who to pay in early to mid December.
Nothing received yet

wsn03

Original Poster:

852 posts

49 months

Saturday 12th October
quotequote all
Jim on the hill said:
wsn03 said:
UPDATE:

Ok I have sent out the latest information to everyone who expressed an interest - what is happening, what I need from you etc.
If I have missed anyone please let me know.

You now have my contact details and can keep posting questions on this thread.

I'll be confirming the inspection being ok (I hope) and the cost / how / when / who to pay in early to mid December.
Nothing received yet
Sorry about that. I'll send /resend later

B'stard Child

19,054 posts

194 months

Saturday 12th October
quotequote all
My Group for Classic next year is up to 12 cars so far (likely to be 24 people - ie 2 people per tent) I'm expecting to end up with a group of 14- 16 cars