PistonHeads.com Forum

MEV Replicar Build Pictures

MEV Replicar Build Pictures

Author
Discussion

Sonic7

Original Poster:

164 posts

110 months

Thursday 21st March 2013
quotequote all
I notice Stuart Mills has been busy and has started to post Build Pictures of his latest creation ' The MEV Replicar' over on the MEV Owners Forum, don't think it will be long before it's up and running! http://www.mevowners.proboards.com/index.cgi?board...

nigel

smash

2,032 posts

153 months

Friday 22nd March 2013
quotequote all
Looking really good at such a strong price point as well.

qdos

825 posts

135 months

Friday 22nd March 2013
quotequote all
Once again Stuart seems to be showing people what the Kit Car scene can be about. It's excellent clap

Glade

3,142 posts

148 months

Friday 22nd March 2013
quotequote all
This looks SO good.

JNR77

258 posts

163 months

Saturday 23rd March 2013
quotequote all
Looks good, the wing mirror looks a bit awkward, why not try this type;

Advertisement

Stuart Mills

1,187 posts

131 months

Wednesday 27th March 2013
quotequote all
Lots more details added, please see here;
http://www.mevowners.proboards.com/index.cgi?board...

Furyblade_Lee

3,822 posts

149 months

Wednesday 27th March 2013
quotequote all
I flippin' love that, fantastic Stu!

Furyblade_Lee

3,822 posts

149 months

Wednesday 27th March 2013
quotequote all
Will there be any provision / sturdy chassis to bolt on some worthy roll-over protection should an owner wish to?

Stuart Mills

1,187 posts

131 months

Wednesday 27th March 2013
quotequote all
Thank you for your kind comments gents.
I do think it is likely that these cars will be raced or tracked and although seen as a departure from "authentic" it is a must for us to offer an MSA spec roll bar, road users may also desire roll over protection. I will provide mount plates at floor level and top of rear shocks as standard.

Furyblade_Lee

3,822 posts

149 months

Thursday 28th March 2013
quotequote all
Stuart Mills said:
Thank you for your kind comments gents.
I do think it is likely that these cars will be raced or tracked and although seen as a departure from "authentic" it is a must for us to offer an MSA spec roll bar, road users may also desire roll over protection. I will provide mount plates at floor level and top of rear shocks as standard.
I was hoping you would say that! Good idea, the purist can leave it off but anyone with an ounce of preservation can fit one. Cannot wait to see your projected prices. I have somehow got back my Eunos I bought 5 years ago to race in the Ma5da championship, it is sitting around idly at the moment.....

rdodger

1,023 posts

128 months

Thursday 28th March 2013
quotequote all
Do it Mushroom! I will find you a supercharger. Better still one of Claires V6 conversions would be AWESOME!

ugg10

666 posts

142 months

Thursday 28th March 2013
quotequote all
Really nice job, if my numbers come up on Friday I'd be really interested in the spaceframe version in classic Aston metallic green and, being true to the original, it would have a TVR speed six engine. Will the MX5 version need IVA or can it be registered without as the main chassis is not modified, if so can you fit a BMW straight 6 (M3 anyone?) in an MX5 ?

But then again if my numbers come up I could afford the real thing, hmmmm decisions !

ugg10

666 posts

142 months

Thursday 28th March 2013
quotequote all
Oooo, just seen the post above mine, I havean MX6 on my drive, Claire's conversion for an MX5 and Stuarts body, now that starts to get interesting - look forward to pricing for the kit.

blueg33

19,121 posts

149 months

Thursday 28th March 2013
quotequote all
I want one of these

How much, how soon?


Baron Greenback

3,353 posts

75 months

Thursday 28th March 2013
quotequote all
ugg10 said:
Really nice job, if my numbers come up on Friday I'd be really interested in the spaceframe version in classic Aston metallic green and, being true to the original, it would have a TVR speed six engine. Will the MX5 version need IVA or can it be registered without as the main chassis is not modified, if so can you fit a BMW straight 6 (M3 anyone?) in an MX5 ?

But then again if my numbers come up I could afford the real thing, hmmmm decisions !
Total agreed gorgeous looking car! Can't see it with a mx5 engine, need at least straight 6! That would be tempted if I had room in the garage!

Stuart Mills

1,187 posts

131 months

Thursday 28th March 2013
quotequote all
Thank you for the kind comments guys.
Prices are on replicar.net
I have just bolted the dash to the chassis allowing all the instruments to be wired before the body is fitted. This means full tests including driving can be carried out prior to adding body work.

blueg33

19,121 posts

149 months

Thursday 28th March 2013
quotequote all
Stuart Mills said:
Thank you for the kind comments guys.
Prices are on replicar.net
I have just bolted the dash to the chassis allowing all the instruments to be wired before the body is fitted. This means full tests including driving can be carried out prior to adding body work.
Is there a ready built price? smile I do own a spanner and a hammer but......

Stuart Mills

1,187 posts

131 months

Thursday 28th March 2013
quotequote all
sorry we do not offer a build service at the moment due to high demand, there are lots of firms that build kits for customers though. I have never used any so I cannot recommend any, perhaps some of the forum users will be able to advise from experience.

Sonic7

Original Poster:

164 posts

110 months

Sunday 7th April 2013
quotequote all
Just spotted this picture over on the MEV Owners Forum, must say side profile of the body looks absolutely beautiful, cant wait to see it in the flesh at Stoneleigh.


naturals

129 posts

108 months

Sunday 7th April 2013
quotequote all
Sonic7 said:
Just spotted this picture over on the MEV Owners Forum, must say side profile of the body looks absolutely beautiful, cant wait to see it in the flesh at Stoneleigh.

It's looking great isn't it! I've never built a kit in my life, never owned anything other than bog standard commuter cars but I'm going to Stoneleigh especially to see this thing! If it meets up to expectations this will hopefully become my winter project.

Question for you Sonic7 - what's the quality of the build manuals from MEV like? Is there anywhere you can see some sample pages online? I'm a complete beginner at these things and need a project which isn't going to stretch me too far. This seems like a good compromise (I've previously toyed with GT40 and C-Type / D-Type replicas) being somewhat simpler and a good deal cheaper!