PistonHeads.com Forum

Silverstone BTCC

Author
Discussion

smartypants

30,883 posts

92 months

Monday 15th October 2012
quotequote all
Still going? And no one has mentioned the true scandal - the price of the burgers. Criminal!

MGJohn

10,203 posts

106 months

Monday 15th October 2012
quotequote all
smartypants said:
Still going? And no one has mentioned the true scandal - the price of the burgers. Criminal!
Too right ... Seriously, now that's a real scandal.

tux

2,617 posts

131 months

Monday 15th October 2012
quotequote all
smartypants said:
Still going? And no one has mentioned the true scandal - the price of the burgers. Criminal!
They are pushed up by Silverstone so everyone leaves without a penny and cannot afford to attend the Brands Hatch round making Silverstones attendances look amazing and meaning that Alan Gow will switch every round to Silverstone so that Plato can win every race because plato is the bestest in the entire whole world and Andy Neate has paid off TOCA for 25 bar extra boost. < conspiracy theory wink

Roo

11,081 posts

130 months

Monday 15th October 2012
quotequote all
7HP difference on a BTCC car, frankly, is hardly a massive increase.

Without pay drivers there would be no motorsport. Anywhere.

And as for Alan Gow engineering the results for a final round showdown, Ecclestone has been doing it in F1 for years. And those guys really know how to spend money.

decadence

502 posts

81 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all
Roo said:
7HP difference on a BTCC car, frankly, is hardly a massive increase.

Without pay drivers there would be no motorsport. Anywhere.

And as for Alan Gow engineering the results for a final round showdown, Ecclestone has been doing it in F1 for years. And those guys really know how to spend money.
Oh that's ok then if Bernie does it ...
If theres no benefit in say 0.05 boost increase...... why have one then (I still dispute it's that low but question stands), why give someone. 0.05 increase if of will do nothing??? huh?

There's a difference between a paid for driver from sponsors or say an academy like the KX one , to a driver who just so happens to want to pay for a seat in BTCC. Alot of funded drivers actually have talent hence why they are backed and funded in first place... like and investment opportunity... Andy Neate has no talent in a BTCC car and frankly of he puts himself in the limelight he should expect to get criticised of he's not performing . Yes maybe BTCC needs drivers like Andy to bring in cash to race even though they wouldn't get a job driving the team truck if they were skint. But it doesnt mean we have to kiss arse and pretend he's any good does it?

Edited by decadence on Tuesday 16th October 00:03

Advertisement

kodos

242 posts

74 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all
decadence said:
Your a Plato fanboy , but why then weren't you moaning about Plato moaning about boost at Knockhill?? huh?? sorry what was that?
any answer to that? Plato pretty much invented the whole boost debate FFS!!
he pretty much still was moaning about boost on the grid interview just before he went from 20th to 1st in 12 laps.... ironic no?
muppet.....
Muppet??? No i am not a plato fan i support WSR and RAR. I have never moaned or not moaned about anything? You are making up conversations that we have never had just so you can talk about boost? Like i said in my previous post you twist anything to talk about boost. We have all heard you, please do feel free to come and talk to me at Brands Hatch, i will be parking infield and will be in a E39 530i sport (black) with alpina wheels smile

kodos

242 posts

74 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all
Oh and go back and read your posts out loud and you will realise that you sounding like your demented, and your question to me makes no sense its a double negative about a conversation we never had.

decadence

502 posts

81 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all
kodos said:
decadence said:
Your a Plato fanboy , but why then weren't you moaning about Plato moaning about boost at Knockhill?? huh?? sorry what was that?
any answer to that? Plato pretty much invented the whole boost debate FFS!!
he pretty much still was moaning about boost on the grid interview just before he went from 20th to 1st in 12 laps.... ironic no?
muppet.....
Muppet??? No i am not a plato fan i support WSR and RAR. I have never moaned or not moaned about anything? You are making up conversations that we have never had just so you can talk about boost? Like i said in my previous post you twist anything to talk about boost. We have all heard you, please do feel free to come and talk to me at Brands Hatch, i will be parking infield and will be in a E39 530i sport (black) with alpina wheels smile
Unless you are Alan Gow i cant see the point in talking to you.
Boost is mentioned cause its been the talk of BTCC since 2011. Pretty important, even the suggestion that a team may 'sandbag' so as to get more boost next race is a worry.
Currently it looks like if your doing crap you'll get a boost increase so you can catch up with the better teams who are putting in the effort / money.
The rules are there for a reason and they have been exploited and loop holes have been found, just like when SEAT and some race driver abused the reverse top ten finisher get pole rule in 2007? i think.....

Truth is most of Platos fanboys are from the fact hes 'off telly', Alan Gow has to keep Plato happy so the fanboys keep watching, as fanboys they can only cope if JP is winning, if hes not then the world is against him and its cause everyone else had more boost (like when Aron Smith made a fool of him at Knockhill).
So with this fear from Alan Gow JP plays on it to get special treatment or he'll 'walk away' taking hos fanboys and his sponsors, he holds them to randsom, but this is a guy whos record is nowhere near as good as he thinks it is under closer inspection.
His two championship wins have come whilst in vastly better cars at at points when the BTCC was on its arse. Beating Andy Rouses win record is something to tell your grand kids, just so long as they dont look into how Plato got most of those wins and also that Rouse never had 3 race weekends....
But so long as the fanboys are happy and when they tune into to watch TV personality Jason Plato race his car, as long as he stays in the hunt they will come back...
Its a joke....


Edited by decadence on Tuesday 16th October 10:59

smartypants

30,883 posts

92 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all
tux said:
smartypants said:
Still going? And no one has mentioned the true scandal - the price of the burgers. Criminal!
They are pushed up by Silverstone so everyone leaves without a penny and cannot afford to attend the Brands Hatch round making Silverstones attendances look amazing and meaning that Alan Gow will switch every round to Silverstone so that Plato can win every race because plato is the bestest in the entire whole world and Andy Neate has paid off TOCA for 25 bar extra boost. < conspiracy theory wink
rofl

decadence

502 posts

81 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all
smartypants said:
tux said:
smartypants said:
Still going? And no one has mentioned the true scandal - the price of the burgers. Criminal!
They are pushed up by Silverstone so everyone leaves without a penny and cannot afford to attend the Brands Hatch round making Silverstones attendances look amazing and meaning that Alan Gow will switch every round to Silverstone so that Plato can win every race because plato is the bestest in the entire whole world and Andy Neate has paid off TOCA for 25 bar extra boost. < conspiracy theory wink
rofl
If as the 'smilie' would suggest you actually are rolling around laughing at that 'joke' ??
then you need to get out more...

Salom

230 posts

99 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all
decadence said:
Most of my posts are done on iPhone 5 while i'm doing other more important stuff, as i dont tend to be one of those forum dwellers who sits infront of a computer all day picking out spelling mistakes, typing on an iPhone isnt the best and the inhouse predictive spell thing is wild sometimes.... thats my excuse, well that and i dont give a st how great my spelling or grammar is on a car forum.
People who do pick up on posters spelling mistakes on forums like this tend to have something missing in their 'real' lives...probably couldn't hold down a descent conversation unless it relied on them copy and pasting stuff of wikipedia or car websites and using spell checker to make up for their stupidity...

Edited by decadence on Monday 15th October 12:41


Edited by decadence on Monday 15th October 12:41
I'm - I - don't - in front (2 words). that's - decent - hehe

Quote 'forum dwellers who sits infront of a computer all day picking out spelling mistakes'
No, you sit in front of the computer all day slagging off our lovely adorable Jason. winkbiglaugh

decadence

502 posts

81 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all
Salom said:
decadence said:
Most of my posts are done on iPhone 5 while i'm doing other more important stuff, as i dont tend to be one of those forum dwellers who sits infront of a computer all day picking out spelling mistakes, typing on an iPhone isnt the best and the inhouse predictive spell thing is wild sometimes.... thats my excuse, well that and i dont give a st how great my spelling or grammar is on a car forum.
People who do pick up on posters spelling mistakes on forums like this tend to have something missing in their 'real' lives...probably couldn't hold down a descent conversation unless it relied on them copy and pasting stuff of wikipedia or car websites and using spell checker to make up for their stupidity...

Edited by decadence on Monday 15th October 12:41


Edited by decadence on Monday 15th October 12:41
I'm - I - don't - in front (2 words). that's - decent - hehe

Quote 'forum dwellers who sits infront of a computer all day picking out spelling mistakes'
No, you sit in front of the computer all day slagging off our lovely adorable Jason. winkbiglaugh
No i dont, with the iPhone 5 I can be sat on the crapper typing crap as i crap!

MonkeyHanger

9,155 posts

165 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all
decadence said:
No i dont, with the iPhone 5 I can be sat on the crapper typing crap as i crap!
You said it.

acer12

669 posts

97 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all
MonkeyHanger said:
You said it.
i think decadence needs to lay off the curries, less time on the crapper posting crap

decadence

502 posts

81 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all

Finally some levity!

Yes some of my posts have been whilst horsing out a huge turd. Now there's a thought.

decadence

502 posts

81 months

Tuesday 16th October 2012
quotequote all
MonkeyHanger said:
decadence said:
No i dont, with the iPhone 5 I can be sat on the crapper typing crap as i crap!
You said it.
I know, so no one else would.