BTCC 2019 silly season

Author
Discussion

DanielSan

13,596 posts

103 months

Wednesday 7th November
quotequote all
Another top driver for Hard then. To be swapped at Snetterton along with 2 others hehe

Kraken

590 posts

136 months

Wednesday 7th November
quotequote all
Can't see Carl running out of budget. Whether the car and team are right is another matter. Hopefully with the increased technical input from Bushell they'll be more consistent.

colin79666

564 posts

49 months

Sunday 11th November
quotequote all
BMR strike-off called off again. They have finally submitted their 2016 accounts, still overdue on 2017.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/0935688...

Speed Badger

794 posts

53 months

Sunday 11th November
quotequote all
Some people on here are seriously obsessed with BMR's accounts. It's very boring.

knowitall

51 posts

43 months

Sunday 11th November
quotequote all
Speed Badger said:
Some people on here are seriously obsessed with BMR's accounts. It's very boring.
I agree!!!
Advertisement

agent006

11,425 posts

200 months

Sunday 11th November
quotequote all
You might think that it's just boring accounts but a major player in the BTCC is/was showing pretty strong signs that they might not be around for much longer. I'm interested.

It's not so much the accounts that are interesting, but the regulatory and business consequences for BMR as a going concern.

Kraken

590 posts

136 months

Sunday 11th November
quotequote all
Speed Badger said:
Some people on here are seriously obsessed with BMR's accounts. It's very boring.
Maybe to F1 fans but not too BTCC fans. Would F1 fans think it boring if one of the top three teams was doing the same?

colin79666

564 posts

49 months

Wednesday 14th November
quotequote all
Success ballast has been fiddled with along with a few other rule changes:
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018/11/14/success...

1st: 54kgs (down from 75kg)
2nd: 48kgs
3rd: 42kgs
4th: 36kgs
5th: 30kgs
6th: 24kgs
7th: 18kgs
8th: 12kgs
9th: 6kgs
10th: 6kgs

Sebring440

445 posts

32 months

Wednesday 14th November
quotequote all
And no Media Day at Donington in March for 2019, which I think is a great pity. The "format has run its course" apparently.

They're going to "allow" photos to be taken at one of the Brands hatch test sessions.

Robmarriott

Original Poster:

1,142 posts

94 months

Wednesday 14th November
quotequote all
That really is a shame. I’ve been a few times and it adds to the excitement in the ‘off season’ new liveries, often a driver announcement or two. I think a lot of people will miss it.

EDLT

15,056 posts

142 months

Wednesday 14th November
quotequote all
colin79666 said:
Success ballast has been fiddled with along with a few other rule changes:
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018/11/14/success...
I still can't shake the ominous feeling when they mention hybrid systems. Is there a championship that brought in hybrids without becoming incredibly expensive overnight?

Kraken

590 posts

136 months

Thursday 15th November
quotequote all
It's being very differently done in BTCC though. It's a stock item that fits in with the existing setup so the cost will be minimal but the marketing opportunities huge. It will tick a lot of boxes for manufacturers.

Sebring440

445 posts

32 months

Thursday 15th November
quotequote all
Kraken said:
It's a stock item that fits in with the existing setup so the cost will be minimal.
The cost will certainly not be "minimal"!



Kraken

590 posts

136 months

Thursday 15th November
quotequote all
Sebring440 said:
The cost will certainly not be "minimal"!
As with all things it's relative. BTCC is not cheap motorsport.

There are many off the shelf systems available these days that would work so I don't really see it costing a huge amount when compared to the potential benefits. It's not something that has to be designed from scratch which is where the real costs are.

EDLT

15,056 posts

142 months

Friday 16th November
quotequote all
Kraken said:
It's being very differently done in BTCC though. It's a stock item that fits in with the existing setup so the cost will be minimal but the marketing opportunities huge. It will tick a lot of boxes for manufacturers.
bks to what manufacturers want. They turn up for a few years, inflate costs until there are no independent teams left, then bugger off leaving empty grids and cars nobody can afford.

Kraken

590 posts

136 months

Friday 16th November
quotequote all
Perhaps but they pay an awful of bills for the teams while they are there and attract a lot of people to the sport.

brian394

106 posts

48 months

Tuesday 20th November
quotequote all
Sebring440 said:
And no Media Day at Donington in March for 2019, which I think is a great pity. The "format has run its course" apparently.
With Donington being taken over by new owners, they wanted money for the media day, essentially. Until now, BTCC have, as close to, not had to pay for the use of Donington for media day. It almost didnt go there this year (I was a mechanic for a team last year and beginning of this year).

JZZ30

897 posts

51 months

Wednesday 21st November
quotequote all
Triple Eight Racing has been dissolved.

www.motorsport.com/btcc/news/triple-eight-btcc-cea...

Kraken

590 posts

136 months

Wednesday 21st November
quotequote all
brian394 said:
With Donington being taken over by new owners, they wanted money for the media day, essentially. Until now, BTCC have, as close to, not had to pay for the use of Donington for media day. It almost didnt go there this year (I was a mechanic for a team last year and beginning of this year).
What new owners? The Wheatcrofts still own it as far as I know. MSV run it on a lease basis but they don't own it.

brian394

106 posts

48 months

Wednesday 21st November
quotequote all
Kraken said:
What new owners? The Wheatcrofts still own it as far as I know. MSV run it on a lease basis but they don't own it.
That's what I meant, MSV running it.