2022 Formula E Thread

2022 Formula E Thread

Author
Discussion

JoelH

75 posts

7 months

Sunday 30th January
quotequote all
EDLT said:
I thought races couldn't finish under the safety car...
Guess you didn't watch it. It didn't finish under the safety car.

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Sunday 30th January
quotequote all
JoelH said:
EDLT said:
I thought races couldn't finish under the safety car...
Guess you didn't watch it. It didn't finish under the safety car.
The intent of the new rules was not to have cars finish (or have to finish) with "fake" battery levels, so new rules were to add laps (like BTCC), but there's a limit and if the race would have finished under SC for car recovery reasons, nothing has changed.

sociopath

2,282 posts

43 months

Sunday 30th January
quotequote all
Just watching this as my better half recorded it yesterday.

I haven't watched much FE before, but what's with the attack mode crap? might as well have Sonic running along chasing coins.

Off to make some lunch instead.

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Sunday 30th January
quotequote all
sociopath said:
Just watching this as my better half recorded it yesterday.

I haven't watched much FE before, but what's with the attack mode crap? might as well have Sonic running along chasing coins.

Off to make some lunch instead.
It's no more or less artificial than DRS or mandatory tyre use in F1.....

Tyre Smoke

21,353 posts

238 months

Sunday 30th January
quotequote all
Is there still that bloody awful whine?

Can't watch it, gives me a headache.

sociopath

2,282 posts

43 months

Sunday 30th January
quotequote all
Tyre Smoke said:
Is there still that bloody awful whine?

Can't watch it, gives me a headache.
Yep and yep

sociopath

2,282 posts

43 months

Sunday 30th January
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
sociopath said:
Just watching this as my better half recorded it yesterday.

I haven't watched much FE before, but what's with the attack mode crap? might as well have Sonic running along chasing coins.

Off to make some lunch instead.
It's no more or less artificial than DRS or mandatory tyre use in F1.....
So that makes it ok then?

2 sMoKiN bArReLs

28,067 posts

212 months

Sunday 30th January
quotequote all
sociopath said:
JonChalk said:
sociopath said:
Just watching this as my better half recorded it yesterday.

I haven't watched much FE before, but what's with the attack mode crap? might as well have Sonic running along chasing coins.

Off to make some lunch instead.
It's no more or less artificial than DRS or mandatory tyre use in F1.....
So that makes it ok then?
Yes

poosemon

127 posts

176 months

Sunday 30th January
quotequote all
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Yes
Use of it is more tactical and adds a further twist to the race strategy. I think it was a good addition when they added it.

However not quite so keen on fanboost as same driver regularly. Understand the desire for fan interaction bit wouldn't miss it if they did away with it.

realjv

970 posts

143 months

Monday 31st January
quotequote all
poosemon said:
However not quite so keen on fanboost as same driver regularly. Understand the desire for fan interaction bit wouldn't miss it if they did away with it.
Fanboost has no place in anything presenting itself as a sporting world championship.

sparta6

3,146 posts

77 months

Friday 4th February
quotequote all
realjv said:
poosemon said:
However not quite so keen on fanboost as same driver regularly. Understand the desire for fan interaction bit wouldn't miss it if they did away with it.
Fanboost has no place in anything presenting itself as a sporting world championship.
Crystal Maze is less contrived that FE


JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Friday 4th February
quotequote all
sparta6 said:
Crystal Maze is less contrived that FE
No more or less contrived than DRS, enforced tyre stops, mandated use of different tyre grades, and any other method used across any racing platform to balance performance or ensure close racing. Any race series that isn't truly "open" (and how many of those are their really?) has "contrivances". What's your point?

Cheap shots and cheap trolling - be more constructive in your criticisms and enjoy the fact that's there's a huge range of motor racing available to cater for those with disparate interests..........oh, wait just seen the poster wink

Lynchie999

3,236 posts

130 months

Friday 4th February
quotequote all
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
sociopath said:
JonChalk said:
sociopath said:
Just watching this as my better half recorded it yesterday.

I haven't watched much FE before, but what's with the attack mode crap? might as well have Sonic running along chasing coins.

Off to make some lunch instead.
It's no more or less artificial than DRS or mandatory tyre use in F1.....
So that makes it ok then?
Yes
I think of attack mode as a pseudo pit stop.... lose track position for a bit of extra speed (fresh tyres)

Sandpit Steve

5,849 posts

51 months

Friday 4th February
quotequote all
Okay, so can anyone explain why FE showed races live on their YouTube channel, but then restricted the videos aftwerwards and replaced with 5 minute highlights shows?

sparta6

3,146 posts

77 months

Friday 4th February
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
sparta6 said:
Crystal Maze is less contrived that FE
No more or less contrived than DRS, enforced tyre stops, mandated use of different tyre grades, and any other method used across any racing platform to balance performance or ensure close racing. Any race series that isn't truly "open" (and how many of those are their really?) has "contrivances". What's your point?

Cheap shots and cheap trolling - be more constructive in your criticisms and enjoy the fact that's there's a huge range of motor racing available to cater for those with disparate interests..........oh, wait just seen the poster wink
We've attended some FE events. It's utter tosh both in the flesh and on TV.

The Crystal Maze is far better, and gets better TV ratings wink

ajprice

22,724 posts

173 months

Sunday 13th February
quotequote all
I thought Mexico was a decent race lastnight. The race was on a circuit, there were no major yellow flag or safety car incidents, and a good amount of places moving around at the front of the race.

Tyre Smoke

21,353 posts

238 months

Sunday 13th February
quotequote all
I have to say, it entertained me last night. Thankfully that horrible whine wasn't so evident, it really gets to me. Plenty of changing of positions, close racing, quite tactical without being overly so.

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Sunday 13th February
quotequote all
Don't know if it was a deliberate ploy by Porsche to push into an extra lap, but it sure made a mess behind them!

Plus, how good was Montara in quali crossing the line sideways in a cloud of smoke to set a reasonable time;


JoelH

75 posts

7 months

Monday 14th February
quotequote all
Sandpit Steve said:
Okay, so can anyone explain why FE showed races live on their YouTube channel, but then restricted the videos aftwerwards and replaced with 5 minute highlights shows?
Do you mean the Formula E YouTube or the Channel 4 Sport YouTube? The races are on the latter in the UK and are still there.

They only show races on the Formula E channel for people who are in countries where there are no agreements with local broadcasters. They are geolocked for everyone else.

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Sunday 10th April
quotequote all
Notwithstanding that I completely forgot it was a double-header weekend and missed yesterday's. quali very good today so far.

The head-2-head set up means the two Jags are against each other.......imaging if F1 had this setup--------laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh