The return of my E60 M5 - Wallet drained

The return of my E60 M5 - Wallet drained

Author
Discussion

TheAngryDog

Original Poster:

9,255 posts

154 months

Friday 19th July
quotequote all
puttything said:
TheAngryDog said:
I am already bankrupt rofl

Where is the fun in that? I've got too much money in it now to give it away. It's an old V10 5 series BMW - I never went into ownership expecting it to be cheap. It's just small things now.
I'm in the same situation with an e39 M5, keep the faith! biggrin
We are doing this crazy st so that no one else has to rofl

B'stard Child

18,447 posts

191 months

Friday 19th July
quotequote all
TheAngryDog said:
We are doing this crazy st so that no one else has to rofl
Thank you for your service to Petrolheads worldwide

TheAngryDog

Original Poster:

9,255 posts

154 months

Friday 19th July
quotequote all
B'stard Child said:
TheAngryDog said:
We are doing this crazy st so that no one else has to rofl
Thank you for your service to Petrolheads worldwide
hehe You're welcome. biggrin

IanJ9375

908 posts

161 months

Friday 19th July
quotequote all
TheAngryDog said:
We are doing this crazy st so that no one else has to rofl
We're all behind you lol





TheAngryDog

Original Poster:

9,255 posts

154 months

Friday 19th July
quotequote all
IanJ9375 said:
We're all behind you lol

hehe maintaining a safe distance just in case?

Update. We have a fuel leak. Currently at the garage waiting for it to be looked at. It's keeping me entertained if nothing else.

cerb4.5lee

12,313 posts

125 months

Friday 19th July
quotequote all
Your experience of this really reminds me of my TVR ownership experience, and no matter how much money and love I gave that it still kept biting me on the backside! frown

I really feel for you and hats off for the patience you are giving it. thumbup

Janosh

1,507 posts

112 months

Friday 19th July
quotequote all
cerb4.5lee said:
I really feel for you and hats off for the patience you are giving it. thumbup
+1 this thread has given me perspective on my VXR8 ownership which occassionally drains my wallet.... rather than daily hehe

TheAngryDog

Original Poster:

9,255 posts

154 months

Friday 19th July
quotequote all
Variety is the spice of life.

Fuel leak found and appears to have been fixed. Car made it to Exeter. If anyone is in the Aylesbury area and wants a good garage to use, definitely look at using DM Worx. Leak was just one of those things.

IanJ9375

908 posts

161 months

Saturday 20th July
quotequote all
TheAngryDog said:
Variety is the spice of life.

Fuel leak found and appears to have been fixed. Car made it to Exeter. If anyone is in the Aylesbury area and wants a good garage to use, definitely look at using DM Worx. Leak was just one of those things.
Great to hear - the weekend can be a little sweeter for you now wink

DevonLad

557 posts

127 months

Saturday 20th July
quotequote all
Welcome to Exeter, what brings you down to beautiful Devon, business or pleasure??? Lovely car BTW if ownership has been slightly painful. Hope your troubles with it are now over and you now enjoy a smooth painless ownership.

TheAngryDog

Original Poster:

9,255 posts

154 months

Saturday 20th July
quotequote all
DevonLad said:
Welcome to Exeter, what brings you down to beautiful Devon, business or pleasure??? Lovely car BTW if ownership has been slightly painful. Hope your troubles with it are now over and you now enjoy a smooth painless ownership.
Cheers guys.

I'm going to a family wedding on my wife's side. We are actually in Woodbury Salterton and then going to Woodbury for the wedding. Popped to Exeter last night for some dinner.

Monkeylegend

16,329 posts

176 months

Saturday 20th July
quotequote all
IanJ9375 said:
Rich Energy board meeting ends in tears.

therusterman

35 posts

64 months

Saturday 20th July
quotequote all
TheAngryDog said:
Variety is the spice of life.

Fuel leak found and appears to have been fixed. Car made it to Exeter. If anyone is in the Aylesbury area and wants a good garage to use, definitely look at using DM Worx. Leak was just one of those things.
That's next door to Royal steering wheels. Near to me so good to know. Hope things settle down with the car and be able to simply put miles on it.

TheAngryDog

Original Poster:

9,255 posts

154 months

Saturday 20th July
quotequote all
therusterman said:
That's next door to Royal steering wheels. Near to me so good to know. Hope things settle down with the car and be able to simply put miles on it.
Russ and the guys know what they're doing thankfully. Russ was working on my car until 11pm on Wednesday to make sure I had my car for yesterday. You cannot argue with that kind of service, especially when I only dropped the parts off on Wednesday afternoon.
Labour prices are reasonable as well.

IanJ9375

908 posts

161 months

Sunday 21st July
quotequote all
Monkeylegend said:
Rich Energy board meeting ends in tears.
He'll sue at the drop of a copied logo I tell you lol

TheAngryDog

Original Poster:

9,255 posts

154 months

Thursday 25th July
quotequote all
Nothing much to report. Car made it to and from Exeter, via Weston super mare and Bristol.

New tyres being fitted tomorrow on the fronts.

TheAngryDog

Original Poster:

9,255 posts

154 months

Sunday 4th August
quotequote all
We have Bluetooth!

Fitted a Grom Audio unit which allows Bluetooth connectivity so I can now play music from my phone, which is something that this car should have come with.

It works via the fibre cables so the quality is decent, not as good as the radio, but much better than via the aux cables.




therusterman

35 posts

64 months

Sunday 4th August
quotequote all
Been looking at these Grom units myself. All plug and play as they suggest?

Welshbeef

37,550 posts

143 months

Sunday 4th August
quotequote all
When TAG does finally sell the next owner is going to have a properly sorted car.

TheAngryDog

Original Poster:

9,255 posts

154 months

Sunday 4th August
quotequote all
therusterman said:
Been looking at these Grom units myself. All plug and play as they suggest?
I had to swap one wire, but they explain this in the installation documents that they include with the unit. It took me a few minutes to get the wire swapped. It is on the fibre plug so easy to get at. If you have a car that had a cd changer installed originally then it is straight forward.