PistonHeads.com Forum

Carbon '72 Mini C20XE Including Build Details

Carbon '72 Mini C20XE Including Build Details

Author
Discussion

gsxrminiman

1 posts

74 months

Saturday 27th October 2012
quotequote all
[quote=DougieMc]
cheers guys

De-seaming is a personal choice
Im not a fan as they look fibreglass.

I know it sounds crazy but we wanted to make the car look as much like a Standard Mini ie Factory as possible ( Even with the Carbon and Engine) [/quote


Oi!
Everyone one that comes up to mine still feels the need to bang on it to make sure though!!!😡

DougieMc

Original Poster:

1,768 posts

144 months

Sunday 28th October 2012
quotequote all
gsxrminiman said:
Oi!
Everyone one that comes up to mine still feels the need to bang on it to make sure though!!!😡
yeah but yours is just mental and looks perfect in its own little squat way
and doesnt look fibreglass thats the difference
speak to ya soon Andy

sl0wlane

244 posts

116 months

Wednesday 7th November 2012
quotequote all
Simply awesome.. But.... How do you put oil in it?

DougieMc

Original Poster:

1,768 posts

144 months

Thursday 8th November 2012
quotequote all
sl0wlane said:
Simply awesome.. But.... How do you put oil in it?
Heheheheeee
Like any woman wouldbiggrinbiggrinbiggrin






( Very slowly Through the dipstick)
or through the breather pipe if Im in a hurry

Edited by DougieMc on Thursday 8th November 09:58

BenAnscomb

1 posts

51 months

Thursday 15th August 2013
quotequote all
First of all I would just like to say that its an amazing looking mini, well done mate.
Secondly I was wondering how hard it was to install the engine into it and did the subframe need modifying a lot? Would a vtec be easier to do?
Thanks.
Advertisement

DougieMc

Original Poster:

1,768 posts

144 months

Thursday 15th August 2013
quotequote all
BenAnscomb said:
First of all I would just like to say that its an amazing looking mini, well done mate.
Secondly I was wondering how hard it was to install the engine into it and did the subframe need modifying a lot? Would a vtec be easier to do?
Thanks.
Cheers for the comments
Everyone sayed you " Cant fit a Redtop into a Standard length round nose Mini "
Thats what we started it just to prove them wrong.
The Subframe is from a company called Allspeed that specialise in them.
We modified it purely to accept our Radiator and cooling design as we couldnt put it infront of the engine because of lack of space so we modded it to accept the rad above the gearbox.
The next thing was the exhaust manifold that need to be custom made to turn 90 deg as soon as poss, this lost us some BHP but not much but allowed us to maintain it inside the standard length car.
A V Tec and the smaller engined Vauxhall engines probably would be easier and a clubman or extended roundnose front would make things even easier but that wasnt the idea of our project.
Hope that helps.
any questions let me know

DanielBarclay

11 posts

41 months

Tuesday 3rd June 2014
quotequote all
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and hope you can assist with some info :-).
I'm looking to purchase a mini later the year for a project next year, it will be used a daily driver till I acquire all parts necessary for the conversion and will be a daily driver after the conversion, just want something unique to my area! (Grampian).
I have been looking at this thread and find it exhilarating! I am wondering what sort of money I am going to have to throw at my mini to fit this engine to it? The cosmetics are not going to be an issue so it's hardware items that I would need to procure that I need help with?

Would this engine fit under the bonnet of a 998? I have been looking at the 1275 minis and the tuning for them but I think that may become a lot more pricey to get the sort of power I am wanting.
What sort of 0-60 would be achievable with 150bhp out if this engine or this engine turbo'd?

Would this engine have power steering also as my girlfriend would probably be wanting to drive it as she has the same feeling for the British Classic as my and feel as though she will want a converted on eventually too!

greggy50

4,713 posts

114 months

Wednesday 4th June 2014
quotequote all
DanielBarclay said:
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and hope you can assist with some info :-).
I'm looking to purchase a mini later the year for a project next year, it will be used a daily driver till I acquire all parts necessary for the conversion and will be a daily driver after the conversion, just want something unique to my area! (Grampian).
I have been looking at this thread and find it exhilarating! I am wondering what sort of money I am going to have to throw at my mini to fit this engine to it? The cosmetics are not going to be an issue so it's hardware items that I would need to procure that I need help with?

Would this engine fit under the bonnet of a 998? I have been looking at the 1275 minis and the tuning for them but I think that may become a lot more pricey to get the sort of power I am wanting.
What sort of 0-60 would be achievable with 150bhp out if this engine or this engine turbo'd?

Would this engine have power steering also as my girlfriend would probably be wanting to drive it as she has the same feeling for the British Classic as my and feel as though she will want a converted on eventually too!
This engine would not fit under a 998 without a hell of a lot of work i.e. flip front and hacking away the inner wings custom subframe etc... Getting the 2.0 without a extended nose or a clubman front will prove very difficult this is one of a handful of cars that have managed it and suspect at a build cost of over £20k with ease.

You can use http://www.allspeedengineering.com/index.php/vauxh... for the subframe if you did all the work yourself a 2.0 conversion would cost you £4k at a guess to complete but this could easily increase if you decide to upgrade other bits and pieces that would be a basic engine/subframe mapping etc...


With regards to 150hp you could get that reliably from a 1293 turbo setup on an a series engine you could build one up yourself for under £3,000 easily complete with uprated box 0-60 would be around 6 seconds maybe as they are always going to struggle to put the power down.

Not sure about power steering options thing it is possible using a cincenquento steering rack but for me it would ruin the steering feel and that is one of the main features of a mini.


DanielBarclay

11 posts

41 months

Wednesday 4th June 2014
quotequote all
Okay, that's a bit more than expected, the 1293 you talk about, how would this compare to the 1275 with minispeeds supercharger and the stage 3 kit? I am wanting to keep the basic shell or replace for a flip front so the standard engine would be a bonus to work on.

As I said I do not have the skills to reshape the whole car! :-P

I would be willing to try my hand at modifications though. With the supercharger or the 1293 engine, would I need to improve drive shafts etc also?

Thanks
Dan

NotNormal

2,034 posts

137 months

Wednesday 4th June 2014
quotequote all
DanielBarclay said:
Okay, that's a bit more than expected, the 1293 you talk about, how would this compare to the 1275 with minispeeds supercharger and the stage 3 kit? I am wanting to keep the basic shell or replace for a flip front so the standard engine would be a bonus to work on.

As I said I do not have the skills to reshape the whole car! :-P

I would be willing to try my hand at modifications though. With the supercharger or the 1293 engine, would I need to improve drive shafts etc also?

Thanks
Dan
You'd be better off asking all these questions in the correct part of the forum

See here - http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?h=0&a...