PistonHeads.com Forum

500+bhp Mk3 Fiesta Project

500+bhp Mk3 Fiesta Project

Author
Discussion

mwstewart

Original Poster:

4,849 posts

113 months

Monday 18th September 2017
quotequote all
No, I didn't mask them. The primer and base coat should be applied in very thin coats and as a result the logo recess is not affected. Apply the yellow next, then lacquer over the top of everything to finish.

sc0tt

14,910 posts

126 months

Tuesday 19th September 2017
quotequote all
mwstewart said:
No, I didn't mask them. The primer and base coat should be applied in very thin coats and as a result the logo recess is not affected. Apply the yellow next, then lacquer over the top of everything to finish.
Did you ever drive this is standard guise?

I had one when I was 17. Brings back fond memories. Same colour as yours after the paint job.

No idea if they were all like it but I could do 45mph in first gear.

mwstewart

Original Poster:

4,849 posts

113 months

Tuesday 19th September 2017
quotequote all
sc0tt said:
Did you ever drive this is standard guise?

I had one when I was 17. Brings back fond memories. Same colour as yours after the paint job.

No idea if they were all like it but I could do 45mph in first gear.
Yes, I had quite a few of them. Modern hatches don't come close to the fun smile

mwstewart

Original Poster:

4,849 posts

113 months

Sunday 1st October 2017
quotequote all
Returning to this and I've decided to go back to a slightly more period wheel that was later associated with the Mk3 Fiesta, so I'm going to have my Mondeo wheels refurbished.



I have a set of the rare 7J ET35 version of the 16" wheels, but one of mine is slightly out of true so I'm looking for another.

Do any Ford people know of one for sale?

E36Ross

298 posts

37 months

Sunday 1st October 2017
quotequote all
I don't know of any for sale, But if you happen to find a set i may take 1 or 2 of them. Need matching wheels for my Fiesta trailer. smile
Advertisement

Jimbo NW

808 posts

102 months

Sunday 1st October 2017
quotequote all
Nothing useful to add Mark other than I've followed all of your threads and this by far is my favourite!

Could I ask a favour please? Looked but couldn't see, you referred somewhere to a solution that brings bolts / nuts back up really good but I can't find it, I don't suppose you can remember the name off hand do you?

mwstewart

Original Poster:

4,849 posts

113 months

Sunday 1st October 2017
quotequote all
E36Ross said:
I don't know of any for sale, But if you happen to find a set i may take 1 or 2 of them. Need matching wheels for my Fiesta trailer. smile
Cheers. I'll let you know.

Jimbo NW said:
Nothing useful to add Mark other than I've followed all of your threads and this by far is my favourite!

Could I ask a favour please? Looked but couldn't see, you referred somewhere to a solution that brings bolts / nuts back up really good but I can't find it, I don't suppose you can remember the name off hand do you?
I use brick cleaner/acid to strip rust from parts and it does a good job, but its not ideal for nuts and bolts because they will need a protective coating re-applying and most paint is too thick to use on threaded areas.

Frost sell a home plating kit which is good if you have the patience. Once the parts are re-plated I tend to spray a coat of zinc primer on the exterior for added protection.

AKindSoul

152 posts

109 months

Sunday 1st October 2017
quotequote all

mwstewart

Original Poster:

4,849 posts

113 months

Monday 2nd October 2017
quotequote all
AKindSoul said:
Thank you. They are the 6.5J ET40 version.

AKindSoul

152 posts

109 months

Monday 2nd October 2017
quotequote all
They had to be, didn't they smile

ATM

7,070 posts

144 months

Tuesday 3rd October 2017
quotequote all
I have a set of these wheels in 16 inch with their original period Pirelli P5000 Vizzola 195 45 16 tyres on if anyone is interested. I dont know what car they came from. I had them on a Sierra XR4x4 Turbo Technics in 1995-ish. Complete with their Centre Caps. Got a few pics handy but wont post them here.

Edited to add I think they are 7 inch from a Mondeo but got stage fright now declaring this to the entire thread without proof...

Edited by ATM on Tuesday 3rd October 07:50