944 and tall drivers

944 and tall drivers

Author
Discussion

Wayne95

Original Poster:

304 posts

191 months

Thursday 12th September
quotequote all
Hi,

Looking at buying a 944, but my son is 6'4" and will be a driver too. Anybody experience of comfort for tall drivers in one. We will go and try, but its a 6 hour round trip from Wales to the nearest one on offer at the moment.

I know the steering wheel is set quite low, is this a problem, and can the seat go back far enough?

Thanks
Wayne

springfan62

320 posts

21 months

Thursday 12th September
quotequote all
My Dad's 6' 6" and he had a 924 Turbo back in the day and he never complained about comfort.


Sandy59

2,283 posts

156 months

Thursday 12th September
quotequote all
springfan62 said:
My Dad's 6' 6" and he had a 924 Turbo back in the day and he never complained about comfort.
I'm 6"4" and had to add an extra boss to the steering wheel in my 968 to keep it clear of my legs, without it I was struggling a bit for comfort.

Wayne95

Original Poster:

304 posts

191 months

Thursday 12th September
quotequote all
Sandy59 said:
I'm 6"4" and had to add an extra boss to the steering wheel in my 968 to keep it clear of my legs, without it I was struggling a bit for comfort.
Thanks. Was that an easy part to get and fit?

Wayne

supersport

2,890 posts

172 months

Thursday 12th September
quotequote all
I'm 6ft 4 and had no trouble the the 944, the wheel was a little close to the tops of the legs, but was quite comfortable.

Drove down from Yorkshire to the Lizard quite happily in it.

ndtman

466 posts

126 months

Thursday 12th September
quotequote all
Not sure about the 944 but the 924 has 1" blocks under the seat runners which can be removed.

LarJammer

1,753 posts

155 months

Thursday 12th September
quotequote all
The steering wheel is higher in the later oval dash cars and the seats very adjustable. 6'5" shouldn't be a problem.

rufusgti

1,926 posts

137 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Wayne95 said:
Hi,

Looking at buying a 944, but my son is 6'4" and will be a driver too. Anybody experience of comfort for tall drivers in one. We will go and try, but its a 6 hour round trip from Wales to the nearest one on offer at the moment.

I know the steering wheel is set quite low, is this a problem, and can the seat go back far enough?

Thanks
Wayne
Where in Wales are you. I'm in Cardiff, your welcome to pop round and try it out.

GTSjohn

32 posts

38 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
I'm 6' 4" and had both a 944S2 and a 968CS. Comfort never a problem in either of them...………………….

Wayne95

Original Poster:

304 posts

191 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Thanks for all the replies

Car bought and picking up on a few weeks, will find out how comfortable on the way home 😃

1986 944 2.5 in white 👍

Longman66

363 posts

153 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
I'm also 6ft4 and have had an S2 , the wheel is too big and too far away when the seat is right , easily fixed with something like a Momo 07 and boss , good luck with the car

Sandy59

2,283 posts

156 months

Thursday
quotequote all
Wayne95 said:
Thanks. Was that an easy part to get and fit?

Wayne
I think I found it for sale on the 968 UK forum by chance but do believe they come up for sale on E-Bay from time to time, pretty straight forward to fit.