Body modifications, love 'em, or hate 'em, post yours here!

Body modifications, love 'em, or hate 'em, post yours here!

Author
Discussion

Outl4w

697 posts

93 months

Tuesday 4th April 2017
quotequote all
djstevec said:
Might as well jump into the snake pit of the Originality Police wink

Only a few little things, but boy they still cost a lot!

Carbon front splitter,
Single lens headlights to Speed 6 type arrangement, but with lens covers to protect the lamps,
move low front indicator to the side light aperture of new headlight cluster,
mask over the old indicator aperture to accentuate the sill line around the whole front end,
remove wing indicator repeaters,
adapt wing mirrors to house LED strip as new repeater indicators,

From this;



To this smile

Love this car. Followed your thread on the work. Very nicely done.

djstevec

2,950 posts

120 months

Tuesday 4th April 2017
quotequote all
Outl4w said:
Love this car. Followed your thread on the work. Very nicely done.
Thanks very much!
Unfortunately still more work to do frown

TwinKam

1,269 posts

41 months

Tuesday 4th April 2017
quotequote all
djstevec said:
Might as well jump into the snake pit of the Originality Police wink

Only a few little things, but boy they still cost a lot!

Carbon front splitter,
Single lens headlights to Speed 6 type arrangement, but with lens covers to protect the lamps,
move low front indicator to the side light aperture of new headlight cluster,
mask over the old indicator aperture to accentuate the sill line around the whole front end,
remove wing indicator repeaters,
adapt wing mirrors to house LED strip as new repeater indicators,

I generally prefer Cerbs with single headlamps, but that I do like. Fresh! It must be the covers that make it, perhaps they wouldn't work so well (for me) with other colours.

djstevec

2,950 posts

120 months

Tuesday 4th April 2017
quotequote all
TwinKam said:
I generally prefer Cerbs with single headlamps, but that I do like. Fresh! It must be the covers that make it, perhaps they wouldn't work so well (for me) with other colours.
Thank you too!

I think theres only one other (well for sure at the time of the rebuild of my car) Cerb with headlight covers, which a turqoisey bluey colour - cant find a photo just now - but I think they would work with for most colours,

But with the carbon splitter, the masking/filling of the old indicator apertures, and wanting the car to look just a little more aggressive, I had to go with black!


Thunderroad

Original Poster:

199 posts

68 months

Tuesday 4th April 2017
quotequote all
djstevec, that is a beauty! Do you have another picture of it, looking straight down the barrel! evil You know...... like what a rabbit would see just before you sliced its ears off with that splitter!!! yikes

Poopdog

131 posts

38 months

Tuesday 4th April 2017
quotequote all
djstevec said:
Might as well jump into the snake pit of the Originality Police wink

Only a few little things, but boy they still cost a lot!

Carbon front splitter,
Single lens headlights to Speed 6 type arrangement, but with lens covers to protect the lamps,
move low front indicator to the side light aperture of new headlight cluster,
mask over the old indicator aperture to accentuate the sill line around the whole front end,
remove wing indicator repeaters,
adapt wing mirrors to house LED strip as new repeater indicators,

From this;



To this smile

Yep that does look the bees knees

4.7

126 posts

116 months

Tuesday 4th April 2017
quotequote all
I like. Head on shot needed.

djstevec

2,950 posts

120 months

Wednesday 5th April 2017
quotequote all
Thunderroad said:
djstevec, that is a beauty! Do you have another picture of it, looking straight down the barrel! evil You know...... like what a rabbit would see just before you sliced its ears off with that splitter!!! yikes
4.7 said:
I like. Head on shot needed.
Ive never managed to get a decent front on pic and car is away yet again for some work.

Will post one up as soon as....


env

145 posts

136 months

Wednesday 5th April 2017
quotequote all
Is this the car I saw recently at Dan Taylors? If so the underside is even better looking than the top! Mine was there at the same time for the annual wallet spanking.

djstevec

2,950 posts

120 months

Wednesday 5th April 2017
quotequote all
env said:
Is this the car I saw recently at Dan Taylors? If so the underside is even better looking than the top! Mine was there at the same time for the annual wallet spanking.
Yes indeed, the car was with Dan for geo set-up, front discs change and a few bits'n'bobs that came to light.

I think the clean underside is more of an indication of how little its been used since the body off! getmecoat

Pink_Floyd

870 posts

167 months

Monday 17th April 2017
quotequote all
djstevec said:
Might as well jump into the snake pit of the Originality Police wink
adapt wing mirrors to house LED strip as new repeater indicators,

Do you have closeup pics of how you did the wing mirrors ?.

Incognegro

1,522 posts

79 months

Monday 24th April 2017
quotequote all
Suitable rear diffuser candidate found but I have also found what may be a good rear lip spoiler. Very subtle and could add just enough kegs on the rear to give me more confidence on the long undulating bends.

The one I had on my jag XF you could hear the wind hitting it so maybe this could be for me. No pics yet just thought I'd throw it out there.

Poopdog

131 posts

38 months

Monday 24th April 2017
quotequote all
I'd be interested on what you've found on the rear spoiler side of things

Jonbouy

218 posts

65 months

Monday 24th April 2017
quotequote all
Poopdog said:
I'd be interested on what you've found on the rear spoiler side of things
I will second that

djstevec

2,950 posts

120 months

Tuesday 25th April 2017
quotequote all
Pink_Floyd said:
Do you have closeup pics of how you did the wing mirrors ?.
Only have one pic from the bodyshop when they did the work, which probably isnt much help as it doesnt show in the interiors of the housing. I gave them a selection of LEDs I found that could do a job, and they chose the gel type flexible strip as this would follow the contour of the mirror and was only a few mil deep so wouldn't interfere with the mirror and motors, as they're really quite small mirrors!

They cut the back of the mirror slightly smaller than the full width of the strip, so had something in the housing to slap some mastic/silicon onto to keep them in place and stop water ingress. There is JUST enough curve in the mirror and with the correct positioning, to be able to pass the MOT test of seeing the repeater from the rear angle.....and I mean just!

The guys that did the work were C&S Coachworks in Liphook, same little estate as APM live on, Chris is the main man if anyone wants to know more as Im sure he will remember the car!


coco79

380 posts

120 months

Tuesday 25th April 2017
quotequote all
They look really good!

mk1fan

9,629 posts

171 months

Tuesday 25th April 2017
quotequote all
Just what I would like to do too.

I'd keep the side repeater as well though, as the cars are so low, every little helps.

Thunderroad

Original Poster:

199 posts

68 months

Wednesday 26th April 2017
quotequote all
I came across this one on facebook, looks quite interesting! None of the links work, does anyone know anything about it????sonar


djstevec

2,950 posts

120 months

Wednesday 26th April 2017
quotequote all
Thunderroad said:
I came across this one on facebook, looks quite interesting! None of the links work, does anyone know anything about it????sonar

Not exactly more info, but LHD conversions seem to be still being offered by Konigseder for 12,000 of your best Euros;

http://www.koenigseder.at/news/index/id/10

Have been a number of LHD conversions of the years of varying "quality" wink








Thunderroad

Original Poster:

199 posts

68 months

Wednesday 26th April 2017
quotequote all
Hahaha rofl
That grey one is absolutely shocking!!! Looks like the kind of thing i have to go and marvel at on a school parents evening!whistle