The Β£100K 458...

The Β£100K 458...

Author
Discussion

MingtheMerciless

291 posts

156 months

Thursday 24th October
quotequote all
I was offered £120k as a trade in against a 488 Spider for my 33k 2010 458 in rosso corsa/nero with all the desirable stuff fitted. That was some time ago (I didn't take it for a variety of reasons) and I'd say it is less now.

AmoCS

929 posts

166 months

Thursday 24th October
quotequote all
Does look nice on the lowered springs.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...

Taffy66

2,909 posts

49 months

Thursday 24th October
quotequote all
MingtheMerciless said:
I was offered £120k as a trade in against a 488 Spider for my 33k 2010 458 in rosso corsa/nero with all the desirable stuff fitted. That was some time ago (I didn't take it for a variety of reasons) and I'd say it is less now.
Whatever your 458 has lost in the meantime pales into insignificance compared to what that 488 Spider has done.

PompeyReece

623 posts

36 months

Thursday 24th October
quotequote all
AmoCS said:
Does look nice on the lowered springs.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...
Does look amazing.

Cat D insurance job though.

Shnozz

20,837 posts

218 months

Thursday 24th October
quotequote all
BobTurner said:
Shnozz said:
5050 said:
Anyone think we will see the 100k RHD 458 anytime soon?
Yes.

Given there is the cat repair at sub £100k and a nice black LHD one a whisper over, I would think a non cat repair, RHD car will be around that level when the next sneeze of this market depression occurs.
If you are talking about the black car in Harlow: I owned it one, if not two, owners ago - surprised it's up for as much as it is.
That bad huh?

WCZ

7,277 posts

141 months

Thursday 24th October
quotequote all
davek_964 said:
Given how long they've seemed depreciation proof - if we do, I think that's the absolute proof that the bubble is over / the car market has crashed!
they aren't a bubble and will stand on the merit of being a (contrversial to some) better car than it's sucessors

Chris355

591 posts

143 months

Thursday 24th October
quotequote all
Cheapest red coupe at 130k (exc the cat D car). With a black 458 spider at £135k from a main dealer. I would say they are definitely coming down, but gently.

The cat D car looks nice, but they are pig to sell normally, let alone cat d Supercar.

BobTurner

366 posts

157 months

Thursday 24th October
quotequote all
Shnozz said:
That bad huh?
Not necessarily. It was a very nice car when I bought it (and sold it); saw it a year after I sold it, so have not seen it for a year or so. Cosmetically I can see it's not as I left it - and it's up for more than I bought it for (and more than I received on sale), not sure what that says about the market.

ferdi p

1,244 posts

119 months

Thursday 24th October
quotequote all
BobTurner said:
Not necessarily. It was a very nice car when I bought it (and sold it); saw it a year after I sold it, so have not seen it for a year or so. Cosmetically I can see it's not as I left it - and it's up for more than I bought it for (and more than I received on sale), not sure what that says about the market.
It means it overpriced I reckon! smile

Durzel

7,906 posts

115 months

Thursday 24th October
quotequote all
Cat D car, owner mentions nothing about it in the description which imo speaks volumes.

Problem with a £100k Cat D 458, besides the obvious “how did such an expensive car get written off”, is that selling it on will be a nightmare. Dealers won’t touch it, the number of private buyers wanting to pay £100k cash on a write off no less must be vanishingly small.

davek_964

6,075 posts

122 months

Friday 25th October
quotequote all
Durzel said:
Cat D car, owner mentions nothing about it in the description which imo speaks volumes.
Yep - I nearly asked how Chris355 knew, since it wasn't mentioned. I eventually noticed the indication at the start of the ad, but it hardly jumps out at you - I reckon if I was shopping for a 458 (which I nearly was in the summer) - I could easily have got to the point of buying without even being aware.

MDL111

3,888 posts

124 months

Friday 25th October
quotequote all
davek_964 said:
Durzel said:
Cat D car, owner mentions nothing about it in the description which imo speaks volumes.
Yep - I nearly asked how Chris355 knew, since it wasn't mentioned. I eventually noticed the indication at the start of the ad, but it hardly jumps out at you - I reckon if I was shopping for a 458 (which I nearly was in the summer) - I could easily have got to the point of buying without even being aware.
Yup needed to very carefully look at the ad to find it - only did that as I knew - would have missed that.

Taffy66

2,909 posts

49 months

Friday 25th October
quotequote all
I bought my 458 last Xmas for £128K..Its a late 2011 in GS(fav Ferrari colour) with huge spec..It had an unblemished Ferrari FSH, MOTs and just had a perfect Ferrari main dealer health check..It has all the carbon inside plus carbon front spoiler and rear diffuser..It cost the new owner about £235K when new after checking on Ferrari.com.
Looking today at the current prices for 458s i think mine would still retail for the same as i paid for it 10 months ago..Its held up better than any other supercars in that time and shows how much they are sought after,In that time Performantes and 488s have dropped by around £40K to put things in perspective.
If indeed 458 prices do bomb in the next year then its a sure sign we are in for an almighty recession.

WCZ

7,277 posts

141 months

Friday 25th October
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
I bought my 458 last Xmas for £128K..Its a late 2011 in GS(fav Ferrari colour) with huge spec..It had an unblemished Ferrari FSH, MOTs and just had a perfect Ferrari main dealer health check..It has all the carbon inside plus carbon front spoiler and rear diffuser..It cost the new owner about £235K when new after checking on Ferrari.com.
Looking today at the current prices for 458s i think mine would still retail for the same as i paid for it 10 months ago..Its held up better than any other supercars in that time and shows how much they are sought after,In that time Performantes and 488s have dropped by around £40K to put things in perspective.
If indeed 458 prices do bomb in the next year then its a sure sign we are in for an almighty recession.
you could probably get more for it now imo

Gregor-lun1d

19 posts

44 months

Friday 25th October
quotequote all
458s will always have the appeal of being the last n/a V8 berlinetta though, no?

Mario149

7,619 posts

125 months

Wednesday 30th October
quotequote all
Remember that inflation since 2013 has devalued the cars in real terms by coming on for 13%. So the question we should be asking is when will be see a £113k 458...

Drl22

157 posts

12 months

Wednesday 30th October
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
I bought my 458 last Xmas for £128K..Its a late 2011 in GS(fav Ferrari colour) with huge spec..It had an unblemished Ferrari FSH, MOTs and just had a perfect Ferrari main dealer health check..It has all the carbon inside plus carbon front spoiler and rear diffuser..It cost the new owner about £235K when new after checking on Ferrari.com.
Looking today at the current prices for 458s i think mine would still retail for the same as i paid for it 10 months ago..Its held up better than any other supercars in that time and shows how much they are sought after,In that time Performantes and 488s have dropped by around £40K to put things in perspective.
If indeed 458 prices do bomb in the next year then its a sure sign we are in for an almighty recession.
I think you got an incredible deal there!

sone

4,375 posts

185 months

Thursday 31st October
quotequote all
Gregor-lun1d said:
458s will always have the appeal of being the last n/a V8 berlinetta though, no?
Agree with this, great car, very capable, cheap ish to maintain and run. One of the best looking in my opinion as well.

LindsayMac

525 posts

149 months

Thursday 31st October
quotequote all
I'm ready to dip my toes back into this market, 458 Italia is my preference but good spec with CF seats, wheel and in a nice colour, red or grey are all asking £155ish for under 13k miles.

Also casting my eyes on R8 V10 plus for£90-100k.
GT3s are drooping back in towards list for a 991.2 which interests me also.

Just waiting for the right car to appear at fair money, couple of R8s caught my attention, might have to take a trip to London.....guess if the car in question was a 458, I'd be on my way down yesterday.

Drl22

157 posts

12 months

Thursday 31st October
quotequote all
LindsayMac said:
I'm ready to dip my toes back into this market, 458 Italia is my preference but good spec with CF seats, wheel and in a nice colour, red or grey are all asking £155ish for under 13k miles.

Also casting my eyes on R8 V10 plus for£90-100k.
GT3s are drooping back in towards list for a 991.2 which interests me also.

Just waiting for the right car to appear at fair money, couple of R8s caught my attention, might have to take a trip to London.....guess if the car in question was a 458, I'd be on my way down yesterday.
Spending that much on an r8 would be a mistake in my eyes. You’d lose a lot of money on it in comparison to the others you mention.