F430 Market Watch

F430 Market Watch

Author
Discussion

WF36

495 posts

104 months

Monday 4th December 2017
quotequote all
RamboLambo said:
Yeah Good point Porsche reinstated the manual so if Ferrari did F430 manual prices would be severely effected
Naturally aspirated manual? Some hope.

markst

173 posts

111 months

Tuesday 5th December 2017
quotequote all
WF36 said:
RamboLambo said:
Yeah Good point Porsche reinstated the manual so if Ferrari did F430 manual prices would be severely effected
Naturally aspirated manual? Some hope.
Any manual will do as I would be more than happy to order a new Ferrari if it had a stick .

My daily 718 has a stick and it’s great fun , call me old fashioned but I like changing gear and not just flipping a lever 👀

red_slr

9,254 posts

135 months

Tuesday 5th December 2017
quotequote all
Ferrari currently too close to F1 to bring back the manual IMHO. IIRC their current focus is on electricity boost etc.
Their cars are getting pretty big these days to fit all that tech in there, would be nice if they did a Boxster size car though with manual trans and a small capacity NA V8..

Vivakenaldo

17 posts

22 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
It seems I’m getting onto this thread a whisker too late as a would be buyer. Having read and looked forward to monthly updates I would like to thank AV and sincerely hope that he continues to scrape the information.

One interesting point that would be useful if anyone is willing to submit is how much discount as a percentage or cashuou were able to negotiate off a purchase ?

The purchase date and overall price and seller type would obviously have a significant bearing on this .

However this would give a clearer insight to the actual sold prices v advertised prices

bordseye

1,394 posts

138 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
red_slr said:
Ferrari currently too close to F1 to bring back the manual IMHO. IIRC their current focus is on electricity boost etc.
Their cars are getting pretty big these days to fit all that tech in there, would be nice if they did a Boxster size car though with manual trans and a small capacity NA V8..
got to agree with that. OK it hasnt got the badge but the new TVR looks like it might fit the above/

ferrisbueller

23,517 posts

173 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
voicey said:
I have decided that this will be my last update on this thread.
Thanks for all your efforts.

For reference, Voicey's website:

https://aldousvoice.com/

red_slr

9,254 posts

135 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
bordseye said:
red_slr said:
Ferrari currently too close to F1 to bring back the manual IMHO. IIRC their current focus is on electricity boost etc.
Their cars are getting pretty big these days to fit all that tech in there, would be nice if they did a Boxster size car though with manual trans and a small capacity NA V8..
got to agree with that. OK it hasnt got the badge but the new TVR looks like it might fit the above/
There is talk that the 588 is probably going to come with V6 or V8 options with the 6 pot being in SWB chassis... but it will still be too big (IMHO) and probably just a ruse to sell cars with a "SWB" name...

Durzel

7,858 posts

114 months

Wednesday 6th December 2017
quotequote all
Thanks AV for your efforts smile

mario64

58 posts

118 months

Friday 8th December 2017
quotequote all
Thanks for posting this for so many years, and I'm sorry that you have decided to stop.

roygarth

2,657 posts

194 months

Saturday 9th December 2017
quotequote all
Thanks AV for compiling this over the years. Very informative and much appreciated.

WEHGuy

1,343 posts

119 months

Sunday 10th December 2017
quotequote all
Thanks AV, I was reading this thread with interest long before I realised my dream and bought my first Ferrari. Then in the summer of 15 I finally took the plunge and bought the almost identical car I had been visualising for 5+ years. I have been eyeing up a F12 now for a while so, I think I will take the plunge in spring to trade/sell my F430 for a F12. Feel free to PM me, if you think you can help with this transaction. beer

PantsFire

519 posts

26 months

Monday 11th December 2017
quotequote all
Regarding Manuals:



DId he win his job in a packet of breakfast cereal? Because anyone with an ounce of sense could have told them you put manuals in fun drivers cars and not the sttiest Ferrari in decades, it would have saved them a few quid.

Edited by PantsFire on Tuesday 12th December 13:18

RamboLambo

4,843 posts

116 months

Monday 11th December 2017
quotequote all
PantsFire said:
Regarding Manuals:



DId he win his that in a packet of breakfast cereal? Because anyone with an ounce of sense could have told them you put manuals in fun drivers cars and not the sttiest Ferrari in decades, it would have saved them a few quid.
Are you calling the F430 the sttiest Ferrari in decades ?

ZeroH

2,845 posts

135 months

Monday 11th December 2017
quotequote all
Thanks for the years of updates AV and all your help. Congrats on the success of your business also and see you soon.

red_duke

736 posts

127 months

Monday 11th December 2017
quotequote all
RamboLambo said:
Are you calling the F430 the sttiest Ferrari in decades ?
Eh? The article/quote clearly says California.

PantsFire

519 posts

26 months

Tuesday 12th December 2017
quotequote all
I was definitely not calling the 430 stty, I was referring to the California; seriously, his reasoning is idiocy layered on stupidity.

Taaaaang

4,365 posts

132 months

Tuesday 12th December 2017
quotequote all
PantsFire said:
I was definitely not calling the 430 stty, I was referring to the California; seriously, his reasoning is idiocy layered on stupidity.
If Ferrari made money selling manual sports cars, they'd make them.

It's easy to take a UK/Euro centric view on cars. Nobody in China/Asia/ME wants manual gearboxes. I don't know for sure but I'd hazard a guess that the US is similar.

MDL111

3,816 posts

123 months

Tuesday 12th December 2017
quotequote all
Given how integrated the systems in these new Ferrari are, I'd be surprised if they ever introduced a manual again - just doesn't fit with the advanced technology aspect of it all and I suspect most of their buyers would not want/buy one - unless it is a limited edition that they can sell for overs

PantsFire

519 posts

26 months

Tuesday 12th December 2017
quotequote all
My point was:

1: From this article it appears Ferrari has no intention of making a manual again because the last manual they made was a flop.

2: In my opinion the reason it was a flop was because it was the wrong car to put a manual gearbox in. You put manual's in cars people want to drive like two seat nimble Ferrari's or Alfa 4C's and not stboats like the California.

3: Fedeli's reasoning for not putting a manual in a 4C was because the aforementioned stboat was a failure is illogical to the point of embarrassing.

Edited by PantsFire on Tuesday 12th December 19:51

Taaaaang

4,365 posts

132 months

Tuesday 12th December 2017
quotequote all
PantsFire said:
My point was:
2: In my opinion the reason it was a flop was because it was the wrong car to put a manual gearbox in. You put manual's in cars people want to drive like two seat nimble Ferrari's or Alfa 4C's and not stboats like the California.
Edited by PantsFire on Tuesday 12th December 19:51
The thing you aren't getting is that there is no right car anymore.

Nobody wants them.