Classic Maseratis...

Classic Maseratis...

Author
Discussion

slurpysi

94 posts

150 months

Tuesday 5th November 2019
quotequote all
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C960353

I looked at this one, a year or 2 ago, at Justin Banks. I decided to hold out for a 2 door, and they seem only a little less than an Indy pricewise


P5BNij

Original Poster:

6,967 posts

64 months

Tuesday 5th November 2019
quotequote all
Wow - fantastic history!

slurpysi

94 posts

150 months

Saturday 28th December 2019
quotequote all


Just getting ready for Brooklands classic car meet New Years day. Want to take the Indy, any hint of rain its the Lotus - I'm mr Snowflake with the Indy.

If anyone else is taking a 'proper' Maserati let me know.

anonymous-user

12 months

Sunday 29th December 2019
quotequote all
slurpysi said:


If anyone else is taking a 'proper' Maserati let me know.
Meow!!
But very nice cars nonetheless.

P5BNij

Original Poster:

6,967 posts

64 months

Sunday 11th October
quotequote all

























































browngt3

1,126 posts

169 months

Thursday 15th October
quotequote all
Lovely set of pictures, thanks for putting them up.

Hmm, the last one lick

67Dino

1,748 posts

63 months

Thursday 15th October
quotequote all
Gorgeous pics, and I’m particularly taken with that 1960s Ghibli. Such a beautiful car. If that lottery cash ever comes my way...

P5BNij

Original Poster:

6,967 posts

64 months

Thursday 15th October
quotequote all
Join the queue wink

The yellow one was the safety car at the '71 Monaco GP....





Handsome, elegant and ever so slightly brutish Mexico....










67Dino

1,748 posts

63 months

Thursday 15th October
quotequote all
P5BNij said:
Join the queue wink
....
cloud9

bish_345

67 posts

28 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
P5BNij said:
Handsome, elegant and ever so slightly brutish Mexico....

I see there is an attractive RHD Mexico currently for sale.....

https://www.mcgrathmaserati.co.uk/cars-for-sale/19...

P5BNij

Original Poster:

6,967 posts

64 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
bish_345 said:
P5BNij said:
Handsome, elegant and ever so slightly brutish Mexico....

I see there is an attractive RHD Mexico currently for sale.....

https://www.mcgrathmaserati.co.uk/cars-for-sale/19...
Glorious isn’t it?

P5BNij

Original Poster:

6,967 posts

64 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
My pleasure / sorry wink

That QPIV I was interested in sold soon after I posted about on here, odd really since it had sat unsold for quite a while! I’m resolved to crack on and bag something else with a bit of continental chic as soon as I can though, I had a slight setback with the funds being diverted elsewhere but I’m getting there. (I’m still waiting for the forms from my pension bods to come). Also had a slight wobble looking at old Jags and Rovers again but I’m over it now.

Still hanker for a QPV as my daily but space is a problem at the moment.

rat rod

657 posts

23 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
P5BNij said:
My pleasure / sorry wink

That QPIV I was interested in sold soon after I posted about on here, odd really since it had sat unsold for quite a while! I’m resolved to crack on and bag something else with a bit of continental chic as soon as I can though, I had a slight setback with the funds being diverted elsewhere but I’m getting there. (I’m still waiting for the forms from my pension bods to come). Also had a slight wobble looking at old Jags and Rovers again but I’m over it now.

Still hanker for a QPV as my daily but space is a problem at the moment.
Love old Jags not so sure about Rovers,thought i might get one of those when i get old then i remember i am.

Don't think prices are going anywhere fast on QPV's with winter and Covid at the moment so no rush

but if the wright car at the wright price comes alone that ticks all the box's yes

Edited by rat rod on Friday 16th October 12:49

P5BNij

Original Poster:

6,967 posts

64 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
Some of the QPVs I've looked at on Autotrader have dropped right down to the bottom of their depreciation curve and are tempting, but are probably at the point where they'll produce one or two big bills in the near future.

There's an interesting QPIV V8 on there now, it's high mileage but that in itself isn't a bad thing, it's a RHD auto with good history, although I've read that the auto box in these isn't the best....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010114...

Also on Autotrader is a RHD Ghibli V6 which takes my fancy, again it's an auto but I can't remember if it's the same box as in the QPIV, I've read that it's no slouch in the Ghibli though compared to the manual and wouldn't put me off....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009043...



rat rod

657 posts

23 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
P5BNij said:
Some of the QPVs I've looked at on Autotrader have dropped right down to the bottom of their depreciation curve and are tempting, but are probably at the point where they'll produce one or two big bills in the near future.

There's an interesting QPIV V8 on there now, it's high mileage but that in itself isn't a bad thing, it's a RHD auto with good history, although I've read that the auto box in these isn't the best....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010114...

Also on Autotrader is a RHD Ghibli V6 which takes my fancy, again it's an auto but I can't remember if it's the same box as in the QPIV, I've read that it's no slouch in the Ghibli though compared to the manual and wouldn't put me off....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009043...
Why would anyone order a new Maserati with a auto box,

I can understand buying one secondhand because either lack of choice or budget but when ordering your own spec new.

After saying that i've never driven a auto,mine was a manual.

After owning four 365's all manual because that's all you could have i bought a 400 auto, hated every minute of driving it.

I think out of the two i would go for the Ghibli ,much prettier car than the Quattroporte and if you don't need the four doors a coupe is always

a better investment .

67Dino

1,748 posts

63 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
P5BNij said:
Also on Autotrader is a RHD Ghibli V6 which takes my fancy, again it's an auto but I can't remember if it's the same box as in the QPIV, I've read that it's no slouch in the Ghibli though compared to the manual and wouldn't put me off....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009043...
Saw that, and thought it was a very low price for such a nice looking RHD Ghibli. But then the description begins ‘Sold for restoration’ so I’m guessing it’s either a lace doily underneath or the gearbox is missing cogs.

P5BNij

Original Poster:

6,967 posts

64 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
67Dino said:
P5BNij said:
Also on Autotrader is a RHD Ghibli V6 which takes my fancy, again it's an auto but I can't remember if it's the same box as in the QPIV, I've read that it's no slouch in the Ghibli though compared to the manual and wouldn't put me off....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009043...
Saw that, and thought it was a very low price for such a nice looking RHD Ghibli. But then the description begins ‘Sold for restoration’ so I’m guessing it’s either a lace doily underneath or the gearbox is missing cogs.
Yes that bit puzzled me too, but the car is MOT'd until August next year. Not too far from me to have a shuftie though if I get a chance, no harm in looking. 'No advisories' on the MOT suggests it ought to be solid underneath, unless it's a dodgy ticket, I'll give them a shout and ask.

Rat Rod - re the auto box choice, as you say it comes down to whatever is available now but opinion seemed to vary on them in period. I'd have ordered the manual if buying new. Agree on the coupe over a four door bit, I do like the QPIV (a lot!) but also in the Ghibli's favour is its relatively small size, it's only three and a half foot longer than a Mini so will be a good fit in my garage.

Mind you having said that, the duo-select in the earlier QPVs are a different kettle of fish in a way and then the ZF cars are fully auto. Opinion is very divided on this even now, when the question comes up on SportsMaserati forum the answers are usually 50 / 50!


Edited by P5BNij on Saturday 17th October 13:28


Edited by P5BNij on Saturday 17th October 13:34


Edited by P5BNij on Saturday 17th October 13:35

67Dino

1,748 posts

63 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
P5BNij said:
67Dino said:
P5BNij said:
Also on Autotrader is a RHD Ghibli V6 which takes my fancy, again it's an auto but I can't remember if it's the same box as in the QPIV, I've read that it's no slouch in the Ghibli though compared to the manual and wouldn't put me off....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009043...
Saw that, and thought it was a very low price for such a nice looking RHD Ghibli. But then the description begins ‘Sold for restoration’ so I’m guessing it’s either a lace doily underneath or the gearbox is missing cogs.
Yes that bit puzzled me too, but the car is MOT'd until August next year. Not too far from me to have a shuftie though if I get a chance, no harm in looking. 'No advisories' on the MOT suggests it ought to be solid underneath, unless it's a dodgy ticket, I'll give them a shout and ask.
True, the MOT is encouraging. Do report back!