The Urus - anyone got one?

The Urus - anyone got one?

Author
Discussion

PrancingHorses

Original Poster:

2,216 posts

153 months

Tuesday 23rd April
quotequote all
So PH massive have any of you got an Urus and what are they like to live with? Would be good to hear some owner reviews....

easytiger123

1,919 posts

155 months

Wednesday 24th April
quotequote all
Yup. Had one about 6 months now. Absolutely love it. Coming from a Bentayga (which I loathed...just dull beyond belief), it has been a revelation. Much, much more involving, unbelievably quick, fantastic tech and looks far better than the Bentley. One tip: get the Lamborghini approved Akrapovic sports exhaust fitted. The thing I disliked was the obviously artificial pops and bangs with the standard exhaust. The sports exhaust sounds so much better.

Anything else just ask.

Turbo cab

1,312 posts

178 months

Thursday 25th April
quotequote all
The Mrs has also had hers about 6 months.

It's fantastic and really is as described - a super suv, handling wise I still can't get my head around something that weighs this much goes around corners the way it does, the cabin is a really nice place to be and the infotainment system works really well, individual driving modes are a nice touch as like other modern Lamborghinis it allows you to drive in sleeper mode (Strada) or full out asbo (Corsa).

Decent leg room in the back and a nice size boot which is to be expected considering how long the thing is, something it doesn't feel being driven due to the four wheel steering.

Expect to use a lot of fuel as consumption seems to be in the low teens and also tyres - driven the way it was intended will see you go through a set in around 6k miles.



PrancingHorses

Original Poster:

2,216 posts

153 months

Thursday 25th April
quotequote all
Thanks gents - I am torn between a G63 AMG Wagon and an Urus - two completely different cars. The New G is a fantastic bit of kit and a world apart to the old car - very comfortable too coming from a Range Rover.

I need to get myself to drive an Urus and see where I am at - dealer is currently stating an 18 month lead time - is it really that long? Then again the lead time on a G63 is also 9 months for now!

Anyone managed to get anything off an Urus? I doubt it with cars currently on sale at £20k above list.


Turbo cab

1,312 posts

178 months

Thursday 25th April
quotequote all
IMO its all about what your looking for - I would say the Gwagon has more road presence due to its sheer size but thats where the fun stops, You cant really do antyhing with all its power other than drive fast in a straight line. The Urus on the other hand is fun all round.

Regarding discounts i think you've answered your own question - A waiting list as long as it has will attract a premium and not the opposite, Lamborghini were actually clever with the Urus by limiting supply which in turn has helped residuals - Unlike the Performante where they flooded the market so sizeable discounts were available.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

_Superleggera_

1,934 posts

143 months

Friday 26th April
quotequote all
Totally different cars the G and the Urus.

My client has both, but he is going to sell the Urus.

Now needs are different for everyone but this is his scenario.

The G Wagon he can be less precious about, lob the hounds in the back, nothing to worry about. The Urus he can't bring himself to put the dogs in. He drives in central london and the G wagon has more presence and its higher stance makes it easier to life with. There is more space in the G.

So in my opinion, if you don't have dogs and older kids and need the bigger boot, get the Urus. Stronger residually over the next 12-18 months too.

You won't get a much of discount (if any) on the Urus however as the waitlist is quite long. You will get a good bit off the G.

topjay

697 posts

164 months

Friday 26th April
quotequote all
Depends what you want it for, it is just a very fast 4x4 and feels that. It just does things it shouldn't be able to and so is an impressive bit of engineering. For one car only I can see it to do everything, try one and you will know very quickly if it’s for you.

I thought I would get one having chased them around on Lamborghini tours and been driven in them. On having a go myself I was very disappointed tbh. It’s not special at all, impressive yes but drives nothing like a supercar which is what it was trying to be sold as an alternative to.

Personally for everyday I would take a almost new bentayga over one, much nicer place to be and better driving position and visibility around town but dynamicly inferior, but for most it will never be used hard and so it just bragging, Bentley also needs the factory akrapovic sports exhaust to make it feel more sporty, but it’s a much nicer place to be. Personally I think the Urus interior is very cheap look and feel.

I would get whatever you like best and then make it louder as it will add another dimension to the most boring car and make it a lot more enjoyable than the normal muted 4x4.

For me Urus falls the wrong side of Audi/Lamborghini and I love what Audi has done for Lamborghini over the years, maybe the facelift will sharpen it up and make it more aggressive but for now it’s a definite no from me.

footsoldier

1,450 posts

138 months

Saturday 27th April
quotequote all
easytiger123 said:
Yup. Had one about 6 months now. Absolutely love it. Coming from a Bentayga (which I loathed...just dull beyond belief), it has been a revelation. Much, much more involving, unbelievably quick, fantastic tech and looks far better than the Bentley. One tip: get the Lamborghini approved Akrapovic sports exhaust fitted. The thing I disliked was the obviously artificial pops and bangs with the standard exhaust. The sports exhaust sounds so much better.

Anything else just ask.
Same here, though not coming from a Bentayga.
I’ve had it since 1 March, very impressed from day one, and it’s getting even better the more I drive it. Fitted the Akra a couple of weeks ago.
For what it does, I’m struggling to think what I’d ever want to change it for, apart from another one!
Forget whether or not it’s a ‘real Lamborghini’, it’s a great thing whatever it’s called...









[url|https://thumbsnap.com/ZMV4sVO1[/url]

Jack drinker

60 posts

78 months

Sunday 28th April
quotequote all
footsoldier said:
Same here, though not coming from a Bentayga.
I’ve had it since 1 March, very impressed from day one, and it’s getting even better the more I drive it. Fitted the Akra a couple of weeks ago.
For what it does, I’m struggling to think what I’d ever want to change it for, apart from another one!
Forget whether or not it’s a ‘real Lamborghini’, it’s a great thing whatever it’s called...









[url|https://thumbsnap.com/ZMV4sVO1[/url]
Jesus... that is spec perfection right there. Congrats!

PrancingHorses

Original Poster:

2,216 posts

153 months

Tuesday 30th April
quotequote all
Thanks for the replies - hearing all good things smile

Have a test drive booked over the weekend!

simir

15 posts

Tuesday 8th October
quotequote all
footsoldier said:
easytiger123 said:
Yup. Had one about 6 months now. Absolutely love it. Coming from a Bentayga (which I loathed...just dull beyond belief), it has been a revelation. Much, much more involving, unbelievably quick, fantastic tech and looks far better than the Bentley. One tip: get the Lamborghini approved Akrapovic sports exhaust fitted. The thing I disliked was the obviously artificial pops and bangs with the standard exhaust. The sports exhaust sounds so much better.

Anything else just ask.
Same here, though not coming from a Bentayga.
I’ve had it since 1 March, very impressed from day one, and it’s getting even better the more I drive it. Fitted the Akra a couple of weeks ago.
For what it does, I’m struggling to think what I’d ever want to change it for, apart from another one!
Forget whether or not it’s a ‘real Lamborghini’, it’s a great thing whatever it’s called...









[url|https://thumbsnap.com/ZMV4sVO1[/url]
And another same here apart from the Bentley although I've had just about every other marque in some shape or form. It's a fantastic machine, it ticks all my boxes and it will be a struggle to change into something else although the Novitec seems tempting.

The only (minor) issues I've had are trying to park it in narrow bays and a few software glitches.

SVJBalboni

9 posts

Tuesday 8th October
quotequote all
I had a dealer demo for a month. Loved it. The power delivery is insane, ride quality is amazing and it feels like an actual Lambo. I might get one next year when more options are available because I was told at the factory when I spec'd my SVJ that they'll be full AdP available soon.

Drl22

124 posts

11 months

Tuesday 8th October
quotequote all
SVJBalboni said:
I had a dealer demo for a month. Loved it. The power delivery is insane, ride quality is amazing and it feels like an actual Lambo. I might get one next year when more options are available because I was told at the factory when I spec'd my SVJ that they'll be full AdP available soon.
At this risk of sounding stupid, what is full AdP?

B3NJY

294 posts

57 months

Tuesday 8th October
quotequote all
SVJBalboni said:
I had a dealer demo for a month. Loved it. The power delivery is insane, ride quality is amazing and it feels like an actual Lambo. I might get one next year when more options are available because I was told at the factory when I spec'd my SVJ that they'll be full AdP available soon.
A month!!!

austinsmirk

3,565 posts

69 months

Tuesday 8th October
quotequote all
Saw my first real one in Baildon, West Yorkshire the other day.

And without a doubt it looked absolutely gorgeous!!!! Jaw droppingly just “wow” !!!!

SVJBalboni

9 posts

Tuesday 8th October
quotequote all
Drl22 said:
At this risk of sounding stupid, what is full AdP?
Ad Personam.

Drl22

124 posts

11 months

Has anyone on the forum ever had any issues with their ADAS system? It is most likely a similar one to Audi’s pre sense system and I have read that it can be exceptionally sensitive and slam the brakes on in ludicrous circumstances. I am wondering whether to spec this or not.

Maniac669

7 posts

6 months

Drl22 said:
Has anyone on the forum ever had any issues with their ADAS system? It is most likely a similar one to Audi’s pre sense system and I have read that it can be exceptionally sensitive and slam the brakes on in ludicrous circumstances. I am wondering whether to spec this or not.
Dont, its horrible!!!!!

Drl22

124 posts

11 months

Maniac669 said:
Dont, its horrible!!!!!
I had a feeling it might be. What’s so bad about it if you don’t mind explaining?