National meet , nc500 run

National meet , nc500 run

Author
Discussion

paul450

Original Poster:

7,927 posts

120 months

Monday 29th April
quotequote all
Who is up for doing the nc500 for the national meet this year?
Spoke to roger, think the best time to do it would be in june/early july
before it gets to busy.

If you are interested put your name down and preferences for what weekend to go as we will need to get accommodation sorted a.s.a.p

1) paul450 , no preference just need my car back first laugh

THUNDER STORM

1,183 posts

114 months

Wednesday 1st May
quotequote all
paul450 said:
Who is up for doing the nc500 for the national meet this year?
Spoke to roger, think the best time to do it would be in june/early july
before it gets to busy.

If you are interested put your name down and preferences for what weekend to go as we will need to get accommodation sorted a.s.a.p

1) paul450 , no preference just need my car back first laugh
2)THUNDER STORM June 22nd or June29th weekends for me

Adebyebye


Edited by THUNDER STORM on Wednesday 1st May 20:06

paul450

Original Poster:

7,927 posts

120 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
tumbleweed

shout where is everyone?

Nobody else want a driving

GetCarter

26,717 posts

224 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
If you do it, please leave 10 minutes between every 3 cars when on single track roads.

Thanks... from the population of the Highlands. smile

paul450

Original Poster:

7,927 posts

120 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
GetCarter said:
If you do it, please leave 10 minutes between every 3 cars when on single track roads.

Thanks... from the population of the Highlands. smile
thumbup

Seen some of the pic's you have posted,scenery looks very nice.smile


bigwheel

1,395 posts

159 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
I am definitely up for it.
Such good driving roads available in Scotland.

THUNDER STORM

1,183 posts

114 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
bigwheel said:
I am definitely up for it.
Such good driving roads available in Scotland.
Please will you and all interested put your names and the prefered dates from this thread onto the list started by Paul 450, thank you.

Paul 450 are you interested in sharing twin room as we have in past to keep cost down, espeacially as you have large car bill.

Adebyebye

paul450

Original Poster:

7,927 posts

120 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
THUNDER STORM said:
Paul 450 are you interested in sharing twin room as we have in past to keep cost down, espeacially as you have large car bill.

Adebyebye
sounds like a plan yes

scratchchin Large car bill, you been talking to abbey motorsport ? laugh

paul450

Original Poster:

7,927 posts

120 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
bigwheel said:
I am definitely up for it.
Such good driving roads available in Scotland.
clap will be good to catch up again mate. smile

what dates are best for you ears

johnwilliams77

5,655 posts

48 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
paul450 said:
thumbup

Seen some of the pic's you have posted,scenery looks very nice.smile
and avoid the hours of 10am - 5pm....

bigwheel

1,395 posts

159 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
Who is up for doing the nc500 for the national meet this year?
Spoke to roger, think the best time to do it would be in june/early july
before it gets too busy.

If you are interested put your name down and preferences for what weekend to go as we will need to get accommodation sorted a.s.a.p

1) paul450 , no preference just need my car back first laugh
2)THUNDER STORM June 22nd or June29th weekends for me
Adebyebye
3)bigwheel: Anytime is ok with me except June 29th.

Edited by bigwheel on Sunday 5th May 23:11

leigh1050

1,968 posts

110 months

Monday 6th May
quotequote all
bank holiday weekends are best for me.

wav8

3,916 posts

93 months

Monday 6th May
quotequote all
June difficult for me holidays are booked out at work worst case can make it Saturday Sunday just have to drive home for Monday work. On holiday last week in July first week in August

paul450

Original Poster:

7,927 posts

120 months

Tuesday 7th May
quotequote all
leigh1050 said:
bank holiday weekends are best for me.
confused whats a bank holiday weekend? I dont get any of them
unless i put in for a holiday hehe

put up the dates best for you mate. smile

paul450

Original Poster:

7,927 posts

120 months

Tuesday 7th May
quotequote all
roger can't do the first two weekends in july.

mv6

1,449 posts

185 months

Saturday 11th May
quotequote all
Have been looking at this again. I usually do the NC500 during the last weekend in August/first weekend in September. The first Monday in September should hopefully be a “Holiday Monday” for all of us. That would give us more time to plan and hopefully avoid most of our already arranged Summer Holiday plans. Weather is still good and roads less busy. My usual routine is to head to Stirling for the Thursday night and then drive up to Portree on Skye for the Friday night. Saturday morning drive round Skye and then head up to Ullapool for the Saturday night taking in The Pass of the Cattle on the way. Sunday head north to Durness and then cut down from Tongue to Lairg and spend Sunday night in Inverness. Monday takes in The Cairngorms and back to Stirling and beyond! This misses out the far north east section,but to be honest it’s no great loss! Have done this route for years. Hope this helps.

dsmith1990

915 posts

91 months

Saturday 11th May
quotequote all
paul450 said:
sounds like a plan yes

scratchchin Large car bill, you been talking to abbey motorsport ? laugh
The guys in Oxted? Must be the Monaro regular they mentioned when my caliper seized last year!

paul450

Original Poster:

7,927 posts

120 months

Saturday 11th May
quotequote all
mv6 said:
Have been looking at this again. I usually do the NC500 during the last weekend in August/first weekend in September. The first Monday in September should hopefully be a “Holiday Monday” for all of us. That would give us more time to plan and hopefully avoid most of our already arranged Summer Holiday plans. Weather is still good and roads less busy. My usual routine is to head to Stirling for the Thursday night and then drive up to Portree on Skye for the Friday night. Saturday morning drive round Skye and then head up to Ullapool for the Saturday night taking in The Pass of the Cattle on the way. Sunday head north to Durness and then cut down from Tongue to Lairg and spend Sunday night in Inverness. Monday takes in The Cairngorms and back to Stirling and beyond! This misses out the far north east section,but to be honest it’s no great loss! Have done this route for years. Hope this helps.
This sounds good roger yes

Meet up at our usual premier inn in stirling on the Thursday night on
29/8/19 thumbup

shout this ok for everyone else?

paul450

Original Poster:

7,927 posts

120 months

Saturday 11th May
quotequote all
dsmith1990 said:
paul450 said:
sounds like a plan yes

scratchchin Large car bill, you been talking to abbey motorsport ? laugh
The guys in Oxted? Must be the Monaro regular they mentioned when my caliper seized last year!
yes the guys in oxted,i used to have a vxr8, now have a r34gtr

bigwheel

1,395 posts

159 months

Saturday 11th May
quotequote all
Roger's itinerary looks good.