Has anyone heard of McGurk Cars?

Has anyone heard of McGurk Cars?

Author
Discussion

vinnie83

Original Poster:

3,367 posts

142 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
There's an Aston for sale that's been sold and looked after by McGurk cars - the seller claims them to be the largest and best Aston independent in the country.

I've googled them - website seems impressive with very impressive stock, but I wanted to know whether anyone has experience with them?

Thanks!

buddydog

11 posts

61 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
Drove up from Kent last year to have my 8 year service done, nice place, great service, good prices, can't say fairer than that!

SLacKer

2,589 posts

156 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
Take a look at http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&a...

We had a meet there in late 2013.

I haven't used them myself so can't comment on that but they have excellent workshop facilities and a fair few Astons for sale.


AMDBSNick

6,554 posts

111 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
vinnie83 said:
There's an Aston for sale that's been sold and looked after by McGurk cars - the seller claims them to be the largest and best Aston independent in the country.

I've googled them - website seems impressive with very impressive stock, but I wanted to know whether anyone has experience with them?

Thanks!
Hi Vinnie,

Our DB9 came from McGurks. Very professional and John McGurk is a top guy and doesn't deal in rubbish. The car has just been serviced by Bamford Rose who look after my DBS and Mike at BR said the '9 is an excellent example.

McGurks also look after top end Ferrari's. Last time I was there they had an Enzo in yes

If the car you are looking at is anything like ours it will be a cracker.

PM me if you wish.

Nick

Anyone can claim to be the largest wink

vinnie83

Original Poster:

3,367 posts

142 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
Great stuff, very comforting to know!

Thanks guys for the prompt responses

mikey k

12,425 posts

165 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
As others have said they are good
But definetely not the biggest indie wink

Neil1300r

5,036 posts

127 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
AMDBSNick said:
Anyone can claim to be the largest wink
Not at your height they can't wink

dig123

327 posts

65 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
They did a pre purchase inspection for my V8V, the car has now been seen by another independent and main dealer and both agreed with McGurks views of the car. So would have no problems recommending them.

L0TT0

2,465 posts

101 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
Neil1300r said:
AMDBSNick said:
Anyone can claim to be the largest wink
Not at your height they can't wink
Oh...talking about height are we......hehe

sukh_m

1,323 posts

141 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
Heard good things about them as stated by everybody (which is piece of mind!).

Which vehicle are you looking at?

AMDBSNick

6,554 posts

111 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
sukh_m said:
Heard good things about them as stated by everybody (which is piece of mind!).

Which vehicle are you looking at?
Piece.......you illiterate bald wker

ds2000

2,262 posts

141 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
laughlaugh

avinalarf

6,397 posts

91 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all

AMDBSNick said:
sukh_m said:
Heard good things about them as stated by everybody (which is piece of mind!).

Which vehicle are you looking at?
Piece.......you illiterate bald wker
Pedant. nono
Jest coz the geezer can't spell propar ,no neyd to git stroppey.
p.s. Dear Sukh,it's peace of mind.

shropshireAston

204 posts

78 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
Mcgurks.. Awesome my vantage came from there great guys great service!
I have a dealer on my doorstep and stil chose to drive 130 miles round trip to use McGurks... And they fitted my glass buttons in the DBS :-) i will be using them for servicing on my DBS
They don't have rubbish... Definitely worth a trip

sukh_m

1,323 posts

141 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
avinalarf said:
AMDBSNick said:
sukh_m said:
Heard good things about them as stated by everybody (which is piece of mind!).

Which vehicle are you looking at?
Piece.......you illiterate bald wker
Pedant. nono
Jest coz the geezer can't spell propar ,no neyd to git stroppey.
p.s. Dear Sukh,it's peace of mind.
Nice to see we are all still on the ball, wkers smile

vinnie83

Original Poster:

3,367 posts

142 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
Thanks guys! Glad to see there's good banter here if I do become an owner!

It's the slate blue Volante on autotrader for £33950. But it looks horrid, so I wouldn't recommend anyone else consider buying it.


AMDBSNick

6,554 posts

111 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
vinnie83 said:
Thanks guys! Glad to see there's good banter here if I do become an owner!

It's the slate blue Volante on autotrader for £33950. But it looks horrid, so I wouldn't recommend anyone else consider buying it.
I do hope you're going to see that today, with the cash. You will not be disappointed nono

L0TT0

2,465 posts

101 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
vinnie83 said:
Thanks guys! Glad to see there's good banter here if I do become an owner!

It's the slate blue Volante on autotrader for £33950. But it looks horrid, so I wouldn't recommend anyone else consider buying it.
Banter you say....scratchchin yep...your right - looks ste

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2015...


MTFU and get it brought cool


vinnie83

Original Poster:

3,367 posts

142 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
It's between this and a lovely black SL65 which is a bargain price-wise, but the mechanic will soon be telling me whether it's any good.

If not, then I will hope to get to this one in time!

But really, it's a horrible colour so I wouldn't suggest anyone pay it any attention whatsoever.

sukh_m

1,323 posts

141 months

Wednesday 11th February 2015
quotequote all
vinnie83 said:
It's between this and a lovely black SL65 which is a bargain price-wise, but the mechanic will soon be telling me whether it's any good.

If not, then I will hope to get to this one in time!

But really, it's a horrible colour so I wouldn't suggest anyone pay it any attention whatsoever.
Looks rather st to me.

The SL65 is probably savage but it's still a Merc with the same boring interior, buy the Aston biggrin