Another GT12 Roadster hits the road

Another GT12 Roadster hits the road

Author
Discussion

PJDV8

Original Poster:

131 posts

13 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
https://www.facebook.com/astonews/posts/1447756498...

I think we know the owner of this on here don’t we?





Edited by PJDV8 on Friday 12th January 06:43


Edited by PJDV8 on Saturday 13th January 08:31

B4rnst4ble

628 posts

80 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
Is this the 1/1 gt 12 roadster - have they found some more bits? I seem to remember they found two # 28 sill plates for the 1/78 a few years ago too
Looks a fab car though well done to the owner

IanV12VR

2,441 posts

86 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
Before the conspiracy theorists get going if you read the post it says this car has the same owner as the original one. It is on Swiss plates, as was the original, and I thought I read somewhere that this was the development car and he had asked for it as well. Perhaps the development of his car is now complete.

Not aware he is on PH but if he is he will no doubt be along to clarify.

B4rnst4ble

628 posts

80 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
Ah ok Ian a cracking pair then !

jonby

4,882 posts

88 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
IanV12VR said:
Before the conspiracy theorists get going if you read the post it says this car has the same owner as the original one. It is on Swiss plates, as was the original, and I thought I read somewhere that this was the development car and he had asked for it as well. Perhaps the development of his car is now complete.

Not aware he is on PH but if he is he will no doubt be along to clarify.
It is indeed the development car for GT12R, that was spotted pounding the ring

It was originally a V12VS development car from memory - 1st registered c 2013

In fact, there are some exposed panels inside where you can see electrics etc.

It was delivered to the Swiss owner of GT12R a few weeks ago

Most of that info comes from the owner's instagram posts
Advertisement

Jon39

5,261 posts

74 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all

This was mentioned on here recently. The owner posted on Instagram.

It is said to have originally been the development car, for the same owner's very special 1 of 1 Limited Edition.

The question now is, what should we do to the list of Vantage Limited Editions and Special Editions?
Should this model be described as ;
'1 of 1 plus an extra 1', or
' 2 of 2'.?





woodsypedia

617 posts

84 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
Believe it's the same car with a wrap. I follow the guy on Instagram.

IanV12VR

2,441 posts

86 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
woodsypedia said:
Believe it's the same car with a wrap. I follow the guy on Instagram.
If it is he’s had the inside wrapped as well. Because on his other car it is bitter chocolate and the fascia has been converted back to a V12VS from a GT12 wink

Edited by IanV12VR on Friday 12th January 10:15

RobDown

2,827 posts

59 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
woodsypedia said:
Believe it's the same car with a wrap. I follow the guy on Instagram.
It’s a separate car (see his photo from 21st December 2017) of the two side-by-side

I believe the chap designs the wings for airplanes. Clearly a very nice line of work to be in smile

And the real kudos here is that the guy actually uses the cars. They aren’t stuck in a garage somewhere

woodsypedia

617 posts

84 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
IanV12VR said:
If it is he’s had the inside wrapped as well. Because on his other car it is bitter chocolate and the fascia has been converted back to a V12VS from a GT12 wink

Edited by IanV12VR on Friday 12th January 10:15
Well there you go! I stand corrected smile

IanV12VR

2,441 posts

86 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
woodsypedia said:
IanV12VR said:
If it is he’s had the inside wrapped as well. Because on his other car it is bitter chocolate and the fascia has been converted back to a V12VS from a GT12 wink

Edited by IanV12VR on Friday 12th January 10:15
Well there you go! I stand corrected smile
beer


RobDown

2,827 posts

59 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
IanV12VR said:
woodsypedia said:
IanV12VR said:
If it is he’s had the inside wrapped as well. Because on his other car it is bitter chocolate and the fascia has been converted back to a V12VS from a GT12 wink

Edited by IanV12VR on Friday 12th January 10:15
Well there you go! I stand corrected smile
beer
+1

cayman-black

6,808 posts

147 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
looks nowhere near as good as the coupe imo,

bananarob

995 posts

112 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
cayman-black said:
looks nowhere near as good as the coupe imo,
Ditto

Djit

67 posts

21 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
Love the rawness of this car. Note the rear wheel arches and rear panels were individually crafted to house the wider track before the final production version panels were made.

IanV12VR

2,441 posts

86 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all
I’d take them over the coupe any day wink Mind you I’d take the coupe in a heartbeat. Love both of them.

Jon39

5,261 posts

74 months

Friday 12th January
quotequote all

Compare the two cars.









( I have only just noticed this, but is there some 'Bamford and Martin' going on ? )








B4rnst4ble

628 posts

80 months

Saturday 13th January
quotequote all
Same number plate ???

JohnG1

2,975 posts

136 months

Saturday 13th January
quotequote all
I prefer the prototype. Rougher edges. Love the wheelarches. Wonder if I could buy some from AML?

cayman-black

6,808 posts

147 months

Saturday 13th January
quotequote all
B4rnst4ble said:
Same number plate ???
Wraped then and the interior.