M135i/128ti Lease deal

M135i/128ti Lease deal

Author
Discussion

cnc8587

43 posts

25 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
Gunslinger18 said:
Don't think it's possible I asked and was told it will be delivered.
That seems really strange. I'd like to go collect mine. I'll ask AC and then HF if it is possible. It seems daft to load it onto a trailer to deliver when I live 10 minutes away.

Gunslinger18

328 posts

25 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
cnc8587 said:
Gunslinger18 said:
Don't think it's possible I asked and was told it will be delivered.
That seems really strange. I'd like to go collect mine. I'll ask AC and then HF if it is possible. It seems daft to load it onto a trailer to deliver when I live 10 minutes away.
Big time - I was expecting to go to HF and collect it with the cover on and big revel. Instead it was an old guy delivering a dirty out of spec car laugh

cslwannabe

1,217 posts

136 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
Mine was driven from the local AC dealer so had 30 miles on when it arrived. They’d washed it that day but as I said previously it was surprisingly dusty inside - plus a bitten off bit of finger nail on top of the dashboard!

On the other hand they did stick a bit of fuel in it and gave me the lurid AC sticker rather than fitting it.

JohnnyDrama

6 posts

4 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
baldjedi said:
Any word from AC on this? Interested to know as like you I placed my order late March and have been told late June for del at dealer.
Yes, got an email from Lynn this afternoon to say that the car is now at BMW UK and is due to arrive at the dealer at the end of the month. Placed my order on the 26th March I think

SanjayG

12 posts

4 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
JohnnyDrama said:
Yes, got an email from Lynn this afternoon to say that the car is now at BMW UK and is due to arrive at the dealer at the end of the month. Placed my order on the 26th March I think
Wow that was quick!

I ordered mine during the first week of April and I'm told it is delayed until October at the earliest. Four month gap on a car ordered a week apart.

How are the owners of 128ti finding it? My current car is an Aygo so I'm sure even a firm ride would be miles better than what I experience now.

baldjedi

5 posts

4 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
JohnnyDrama said:
Yes, got an email from Lynn this afternoon to say that the car is now at BMW UK and is due to arrive at the dealer at the end of the month. Placed my order on the 26th March I think
Thanks for the update.. ordered mine on the 23rd so hopefully in the UK as well...

Edit: just logged into my AC order tracker and it now shows a registration number smile

Edited by baldjedi on Friday 18th June 19:08

Graeme123

89 posts

46 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
I’m assuming the ones ordered at end of March and Lynn has said have arrived in the U.K. as the standard colour with no options?

Just trying to think why some have arrived quicker than others that had been processed earlier! Don’t get me wrong a couple of weeks difference would be ok but 8 plus weeks difference just doesn’t add up to me…

baldjedi

5 posts

4 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
Graeme123 said:
I’m assuming the ones ordered at end of March and Lynn has said have arrived in the U.K. as the standard colour with no options?

Just trying to think why some have arrived quicker than others that had been processed earlier! Don’t get me wrong a couple of weeks difference would be ok but 8 plus weeks difference just doesn’t add up to me…
Mineral grey with no extras for me.. peasant spec smile

Joyrider1

2,835 posts

138 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
FFS, only 597 miles and this happens….ironically was only going to check tyre pressures and got puncture on way in to garage. Tyre compressor thing didn’t work cos 12v socket blown a fuse due to dashcam plug falling apart in the socket, BMW Assist was a 4 hour wait…..proper pissed off at the prospect of spending Friday evening in a Shell garage looking at the A45, then I saw an AA van come in to garage, slipped him £20 and he fixed the puncture for me. Thank god for that


Gunslinger18

328 posts

25 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
Joyrider1 said:
FFS, only 597 miles and this happens….ironically was only going to check tyre pressures and got puncture on way in to garage. Tyre compressor thing didn’t work cos 12v socket blown a fuse due to dashcam plug falling apart in the socket, BMW Assist was a 4 hour wait…..proper pissed off at the prospect of spending Friday evening in a Shell garage looking at the A45, then I saw an AA van come in to garage, slipped him £20 and he fixed the puncture for me. Thank god for that

Disaster! I've never had a car without a spare bricking it incase this happens

harrison1991

18 posts

1 month

Saturday 19th June
quotequote all
JohnnyDrama said:
baldjedi said:
Any word from AC on this? Interested to know as like you I placed my order late March and have been told late June for del at dealer.
Yes, got an email from Lynn this afternoon to say that the car is now at BMW UK and is due to arrive at the dealer at the end of the month. Placed my order on the 26th March I think
What spec did you go for? I ordered a few days before you yet I’ve been told mid august now

Chrisbridle

12 posts

2 months

Saturday 19th June
quotequote all
First week done, 500 miles on the clock and it's first wash and polish smile

Chrisbridle

12 posts

2 months

Saturday 19th June
quotequote all

stano84

8 posts

5 months

Saturday 19th June
quotequote all
cnc8587 said:
Has anyone collected their 128ti or 135i direct from Harry Fairbairn Giffnock?
I did. Thought it would be easier than taking day off work waiting for it to be delivered. Wish I had just waited for it to be delivered now .

cnc8587

43 posts

25 months

Saturday 19th June
quotequote all
stano84 said:
I did. Thought it would be easier than taking day off work waiting for it to be delivered. Wish I had just waited for it to be delivered now .
That’s a sore one. Any update on getting it fixed?

How was the handover at Harry Fairbairn?

Tony Angelino

1,468 posts

80 months

Saturday 19th June
quotequote all
360 mile round trip today, 47.8mpg. Motorway / fast A road the majority of the way, cruise control on 60/70mph mainly. Pleased with that.

I've decided to 'allow' myself one tank of fuel per month in sport mode and the remainder in eco/normal.

stano84

8 posts

5 months

Saturday 19th June
quotequote all
cnc8587 said:
That’s a sore one. Any update on getting it fixed?

How was the handover at Harry Fairbairn?
Wasn't much of a handover with the way things are just now. Signed a couple of things and got given the keys.

I should have the car back on the 25th of June.

cnc8587

43 posts

25 months

Saturday 19th June
quotequote all
stano84 said:
Wasn't much of a handover with the way things are just now. Signed a couple of things and got given the keys.

I should have the car back on the 25th of June.
Fair enough. Was the car at least spotless and in an excellent showroom condition when you collected it?

Gunslinger18

328 posts

25 months

Saturday 19th June
quotequote all
Whats the concensus for breaking in the engines in - balls to the wall or driving Mrs Daisy for 1.2k miles?

I had a little stamp today with 500 on the clock decent punch on 128ti.

ThePrisoner

901 posts

175 months

Sunday 20th June
quotequote all
Gunslinger18 said:
Whats the concensus for breaking in the engines in - balls to the wall or driving Mrs Daisy for 1.2k miles?

I had a little stamp today with 500 on the clock decent punch on 128ti.
I'm old school. biggrin

Ran the M135 in for 1.5k in Eco and kept the revs down .

You probably don't have to do that anymore , but I'm always sympathetic to bedding parts into an Engine.