Meet up September 28th

Meet up September 28th

Author
Discussion

DangerousDerek

Original Poster:

8,434 posts

165 months

Monday 12th August
quotequote all
Anyone fancy a meet up at Santa Pod on Saturday 28th Sept?

Its RWYB from 9:30 am until 8pm. I plan to run mine till it pops then a BBQ and beers and staying overnight.

phazed

18,181 posts

149 months

Monday 12th August
quotequote all
I will put it in the diary Derek.

Nothing planned for then hopefully!

DangerousDerek

Original Poster:

8,434 posts

165 months

Tuesday 13th August
quotequote all
phazed said:
I will put it in the diary Derek.

Nothing planned for then hopefully!
Be great to see you there Peter.
I have 3 or 4 others interested on FB.

Maybe we need to spread the word by other means. PH doesn't seem to have the impact it used too sadly.

phazed

18,181 posts

149 months

Tuesday 13th August
quotequote all
What’s Facebook?

QBee

16,986 posts

89 months

Tuesday 13th August
quotequote all
It’s a part of popular ex-yoof culture, Peter, where you post your pictures and personal details and the owners learn what advertising to target at you, and then lose/sell your personal data.

Classic Chim

9,366 posts

94 months

Tuesday 13th August
quotequote all
QBee said:
It’s a part of popular ex-yoof culture, Peter, where you post your pictures and personal details and the owners learn what advertising to target at you, and then lose/sell your personal data.
Yes it’s truly obscene.

Your better off well away wink

Better edit this,,

As for a power run or two up a pucker race track... yeah baby... maybe next year when I might have an operable car.

Thoroughly recommended as a great meet up as much as anything, you can learn a lot from what some of these guys have done with these cars, very informative and very friendly.


Edited by Classic Chim on Tuesday 13th August 10:11

DangerousDerek

Original Poster:

8,434 posts

165 months

Tuesday 13th August
quotequote all
Classic Chim said:
Yes it’s truly obscene.

Your better off well away wink

Better edit this,,

As for a power run or two up a pucker race track... yeah baby... maybe next year when I might have an operable car.

Thoroughly recommended as a great meet up as much as anything, you can learn a lot from what some of these guys have done with these cars, very informative and very friendly.


Edited by Classic Chim on Tuesday 13th August 10:11
Alun, a genuine invitation to come along and have a run or 2 in my car. Ive been wanting to watch/film my car from the grandstand for a while now. I can also provide burgers, beers and even a decent bed for the night. Separate to my sleeping arrangement! No spooning.

phazed

18,181 posts

149 months

Tuesday 13th August
quotequote all
Happy to take your car up Derek if all goes to plan!

Classic Chim

9,366 posts

94 months

Tuesday 13th August
quotequote all
DangerousDerek said:
Alun, a genuine invitation to come along and have a run or 2 in my car. Ive been wanting to watch/film my car from the grandstand for a while now. I can also provide burgers, beers and even a decent bed for the night. Separate to my sleeping arrangement! No spooning.
rofl
Best leave Mac and Daz at home then biggrin

Derek it’s the fastest Tvr in the world just about and took you to a British championship win!

As long as it’s only a gentle fly by as I wouldn’t want to get it crossed up!

Saying that hell yeah,,, yes
I’m coming along one way or another but maybe Barry or Peter might be a safer pair of hands biggrin

I’d like to try one of them wheelies but it’s expensive business !

Thanks so much.
Tvr’s... people,, happy days.

DangerousDerek

Original Poster:

8,434 posts

165 months

Tuesday 13th August
quotequote all
Classic Chim said:
rofl
Best leave Mac and Daz at home then biggrin

Derek it’s the fastest Tvr in the world just about and took you to a British championship win!

As long as it’s only a gentle fly by as I wouldn’t want to get it crossed up!

Saying that hell yeah,,, yes
I’m coming along one way or another but maybe Barry or Peter might be a safer pair of hands biggrin

I’d like to try one of them wheelies but it’s expensive business !

Thanks so much.
Tvr’s... people,, happy days.
Its not the fastest in its current state of tune but you should run an 11 easy enough. Just make sure the burnout and launch are in a forward gear please.

LongBaz

2,013 posts

162 months

Wednesday 14th August
quotequote all
Should be there....weather permitting.
New M/T's at the ready.

Classic Chim

9,366 posts

94 months

Wednesday 14th August
quotequote all
DangerousDerek said:
Its not the fastest in its current state of tune but you should run an 11 easy enough. Just make sure the burnout and launch are in a forward gear please.
biglaugh
Head Rush biggrin
bow

AceOfHearts

5,239 posts

136 months

Friday 16th August
quotequote all
Hopefully the diff will be done by then and I can make it along!

phazed

18,181 posts

149 months

Friday 16th August
quotequote all
AceOfHearts said:
Hopefully the diff will be done by then and I can make it along!
Hi Lewis. Did you get hold of a diff?

AceOfHearts

5,239 posts

136 months

Friday 16th August
quotequote all
phazed said:
Hi Lewis. Did you get hold of a diff?
No, they assured me it would only be 2 weeks (1 week left now) but as I am on holiday next week anyways I thought I should be patient and let them have a final chance.

Originally told 2 weeks turnaround though, and it has now been with them 2 1/2 months!

DangerousDerek

Original Poster:

8,434 posts

165 months

Friday 16th August
quotequote all
Its looking like we will have a decent turnout. I have 4 or 5 turbo chimaera's promising to come along already.
Be great to see a couple supercharged too if we can.


Spread the word please people and lets see if we can get some others such as Cerbs, T cars and even Griffs biggrin

Classic Chim

9,366 posts

94 months

Friday 16th August
quotequote all
bow

For all the moders out there or just people who like to see engineering pushed, this is the place to go and talk cars with some of the most knowledgable owners we have.

There’s no bull crap here, and Seeing TVR trying to wheelie it’s quite a show.

Great fun too. Well worth a go if you ask me.



Edited by Classic Chim on Friday 16th August 12:47

Classic Chim

9,366 posts

94 months

Friday 16th August
quotequote all
Is a yellow car going to be ready,,,,, I hope not biglaugh

I hope it is actually I’m bored of being chased rofl

lancepar

380 posts

117 months

Friday 16th August
quotequote all
Lewis,

Just had a chat with Roger of Roger Baylis Transmissions in the Lye, West Midlands, I know him of old and he says give him a bell and tell him what your problem is and he may or may not be able to help.

http://www.rogerbaylisstransmissions.co.uk/

They are having server probs so best to phone Roger himself (old fart like me).

Cheers
Lance
cool


SILICONEKID 357HP

14,688 posts

176 months

Saturday 17th August
quotequote all
I need to get out there and see what another 15hp will do .
I want to get in to the 11s .
Not been on fb for a while because I'm on a temporary ban .

I'm getting married next Saturday so been busy doing other things .

I will try my best to turn up .