Pics of Chimaeras with after-market alloys

Pics of Chimaeras with after-market alloys

Author
Discussion

jsr

1,155 posts

214 months

Sunday 17th February 2008
quotequote all
Only photoshop examples i'm afraid, but these may help find a style and also my wheel selector may help too.

Antera 349 - come in 7x17 ET20 and 7.5x17 ET 35 so almost perfect for front and rear


TSW Catalunya - i will be getting these shortly, in 17 inch (7" rear, ok for my 400 with at 225 tyre)


Dare V2 -


Kahn RSS -


Kosei Racer - no longer available, though other companies do make very similar rims

Very nearly bought these - wished i had now. really liked them!


TSW Kyalami -


ACT Jordon R - actually made by Team Dynamics


Bellini Condor - love these, but offset is wrong for front (ET37)


TSW Volcano -


If only the chimaera had 18" Spiders as standard...

ironictwist

7,127 posts

169 months

Sunday 17th February 2008
quotequote all
Great post and great pics jsr. So much so i've had a good lengthy browse of all the bits on your site and now want my Chim even more!! Doesnt help that yours is almost the same colour and same variant (400) as the one im after wink

Edited by ironictwist on Sunday 17th February 18:07

jsr

1,155 posts

214 months

Sunday 17th February 2008
quotequote all
ironictwist said:
Great post and great pics jsr. So much so i've had a good lengthy browse of all the bits on your site and now want my Chim even more!! Doesnt help that yours is almost the same colour and same variant (400) as the one im after wink

Edited by ironictwist on Sunday 17th February 18:07
Glad you like the my pics, my site and my car! It's a Honda colour, Celestial Blue, but always thought it was Atlantis Halcyon! Unfortunately, what you cant see is the very nasty corrosion on the outrigger behind the left front wheel. After a set of new wheels, it'll be off to a garage for some major chassis treatment!

Cant recommend the chimaera enough. I love mine and am now in my 5th year of ownership. Just make sure the chassis is in good condition when you get yours!

3doorPete

9,867 posts

198 months

Sunday 17th February 2008
quotequote all
RetroWheels said:


Gold, with a side helping of dish hehe.
Absolutely first class! great colour combination throughout.

Zippee

12,449 posts

198 months

Sunday 17th February 2008
quotequote all
jsr said:
ACT Jordon R - actually made by Team Dynamics


Dare V2 -
Thanks ever so much for posting these pics up - I was really looking forward to getting a set of the Jordan Rs but have to say I am now really confused as I love the Dare V2s. Presumably they are available in the same offsets as the Jordans?

Aubrey

Original Poster:

1,155 posts

160 months

Sunday 17th February 2008
quotequote all
Wow thanks for all the pictures guys, and Jsr! I do like the Jordans and also the Dare V2s, look like Porsche wheels! I've (poorly) put some Dare X1s on mine via photoshop, what do you all think?


tvr5000

391 posts

194 months

Sunday 17th February 2008
quotequote all
TSW Kyalami in the flesh with a high polish ali centre and chrome lip.



Theres so many different styles you can go for and previously to the last few threads the choice has been really restricted, with most people going for the classic spoke look.
Its good to see others now looking at something a little more modern but still tasteful. To me its about bringing the car into the next decade and still turning heads without being garish and max power mad!!

As for sizes, 18's all round with no issues. Very pleased!!

jamesw2000

440 posts

176 months

Sunday 17th February 2008
quotequote all
argoose said:


This is a set of 17inch Revolution Millennium wheels.

Edited by argoose on Friday 15th February 22:16
that looks absolutely awesome! where di you get that light conversion doen and how much?

Aubrey

Original Poster:

1,155 posts

160 months

Sunday 17th February 2008
quotequote all
They're from a T350C, if you do a search for "T350 light conversion" you should find some results! It does look awesome doesn't it?!

Zippee

12,449 posts

198 months

Monday 18th February 2008
quotequote all
tvr5000 said:
TSW Kyalami in the flesh with a high polish ali centre and chrome lip.



Theres so many different styles you can go for and previously to the last few threads the choice has been really restricted, with most people going for the classic spoke look.
Its good to see others now looking at something a little more modern but still tasteful. To me its about bringing the car into the next decade and still turning heads without being garish and max power mad!!

As for sizes, 18's all round with no issues. Very pleased!!
They look very nice - amazing the diff though between your polished ones and the anthracite (I think) ones on JSR's pic. The different colour really transforms the look of the car and the wheel.

Podie

46,233 posts

239 months

Monday 18th February 2008
quotequote all
Pau1 said:
Raceline RL7's 4x108
Hubba hubba lick

argoose

585 posts

186 months

Monday 18th February 2008
quotequote all
jamesw2000 said:
argoose said:


This is a set of 17inch Revolution Millennium wheels.

Edited by argoose on Friday 15th February 22:16
that looks absolutely awesome! where di you get that light conversion doen and how much?
James

Thanks mate,

Sportmotive provided the conversion and it costs £1800.

Contact www.sportmotive.com



dbv8

8,534 posts

184 months

Tuesday 19th February 2008
quotequote all

Silverstone Performance SP12's with Toyo Proxes.
7x17 with 205/40 and 8x18 with 245/35.
The Toyos are more compliant in the side wall than the Bridgestones and ride is only a little harsher than standard.
Much improved grip in the dry and the wet.

Chauch

520 posts

176 months

Tuesday 19th February 2008
quotequote all
My old girl with 17" ford RS Diamond cuts...


Pau1

315 posts

169 months

Tuesday 19th February 2008
quotequote all
Chauch said:
My old girl with 17" ford RS Diamond cuts...

Lovely set of wheels they are, always popular on Ebay too. Suit it perfectly.

raceboy

12,323 posts

244 months

Tuesday 19th February 2008
quotequote all
Pau1 said:
Lovely set of wheels they are, always popular on Ebay too. Suit it perfectly.
Really liking them. yes
Very much a standard 500 style but that little bit bigger.....off to trawl eBay....... rotate

Podie

46,233 posts

239 months

Wednesday 20th February 2008
quotequote all
raceboy said:
Pau1 said:
Lovely set of wheels they are, always popular on Ebay too. Suit it perfectly.
Really liking them. yes
Very much a standard 500 style but that little bit bigger.....off to trawl eBay....... rotate
Check Ford as well - often cheaper than fleabay for new wheels wink

The RS7 soft spokes came in normal finish and diamond cut.

raceboy

12,323 posts

244 months

Wednesday 20th February 2008
quotequote all
Cheers for the link. wink
Might have to pop in my local Ford dealer and see what they can do for some Diamond cuts. rotate

raceboy

12,323 posts

244 months

Wednesday 20th February 2008
quotequote all
Chauch said:
My old girl with 17" ford RS Diamond cuts...
Any idea what the offsets were, and what the tyre sizes were? scratchchin

bereman

4 posts

158 months

Wednesday 20th February 2008
quotequote all
Car looks great, what do they do for the ride/handling?