PistonHeads.com Forum

Whats with all this EE on me phone ?

Whats with all this EE on me phone ?

Author
Discussion

mrsimmers

Original Poster:

164 posts

87 months

Thursday 20th September 2012
quotequote all
Since putting IOS6 on me phone it sometimes displays EE, Orange or Orange & T-Mobile.

miniman

18,803 posts

183 months

Thursday 20th September 2012
quotequote all
EE is Everything Everywhere = Orange + Tmobile

MattyB_

1,614 posts

178 months

Thursday 20th September 2012
quotequote all
EE = Everything Everywhere:

http://everythingeverywhere.com/

0a

19,082 posts

115 months

Thursday 20th September 2012
quotequote all
So should I get this os6 then?

Butter Face

14,761 posts

81 months

Thursday 20th September 2012
quotequote all



HTH
Advertisement

warp9

1,230 posts

118 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
While they may have a wonderful offering, their customer services are EPICALLY rubbish.

SWoll

6,750 posts

179 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
warp9 said:
While they may have a wonderful offering, their customer services are EPICALLY rubbish.
Just to add balance I've been with them (Orange) for years and always found their customer service to be very good when required.

mikebristol

22 posts

67 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all

ian in lancs

3,011 posts

119 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
Butter Face said:



HTH
I notice you have the traditional Orange signal strength i.e. crap

AudiSport

1,182 posts

137 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
SWoll said:
Just to add balance I've been with them (Orange) for years and always found their customer service to be very good when required.
Yes, I have been with Orange for over 10-years and I have found them great.

Pints

18,424 posts

115 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
ian in lancs said:
I notice you have the traditional Orange signal strength i.e. crap
And yet here I am with full HSDPA signal on EE.

smartphone hater

2,287 posts

64 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
AudiSport said:
SWoll said:
Just to add balance I've been with them (Orange) for years and always found their customer service to be very good when required.
Yes, I have been with Orange for over 10-years and I have found them great.
+2

Munter

27,785 posts

162 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
Pints said:
And yet here I am with full HSDPA signal on EE.
Yep and why is it my EE phone always has signal. But the Vodafone one loses it occasionally....

Pints

18,424 posts

115 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
Munter said:
Yep and why is it my EE phone always has signal. But the Vodafone one loses it occasionally....
Because, according to OFCOM, EE have the widest network coverage in the UK.

audi321

3,801 posts

134 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
So am I right in thinking that I can sign up for the T Mobile 'Full Monty' deal, with unlimited everything (calls/txts/data) with NO FAIR USE POLICY for £21/mth and get 4G when it comes to my area later this month and it all merges with Orange to EE?

Seems like a no brainer, cos with 4G I'm likely to trash 500gb in a few minutes! yikes

Edited by audi321 on Monday 8th October 23:58

storminnorman

2,300 posts

73 months

Tuesday 9th October 2012
quotequote all
at the moment, EE are exceeding themselves by sending me up to seven copies of a message that someone has sent me. Said copies are also capable of appearing up to two hours after the original was received.
Not great seeing as I just moved to them after 5 years of faultless o2 PAYG.
I'm building up the strength to call them on the matter as the last time I did the person at the other end was so completely incomprehensible I ended up hanging up on them.

banghead

Pints

18,424 posts

115 months

Tuesday 9th October 2012
quotequote all
audi321 said:
So am I right in thinking that I can sign up for the T Mobile 'Full Monty' deal, with unlimited everything (calls/txts/data) with NO FAIR USE POLICY for £21/mth and get 4G when it comes to my area later this month and it all merges with Orange to EE?

Seems like a no brainer, cos with 4G I'm likely to trash 500gb in a few minutes! yikes

Edited by audi321 on Monday 8th October 23:58
You're buying into a 3g contract with Full Monty. Presumably if you wanted 4g when it rolls around, you'll need to upgrade to a 4G plan.

Edited by Pints on Tuesday 9th October 06:12