Anyone use a gaming chair for work?

Anyone use a gaming chair for work?

Author
Discussion

Funk

23,058 posts

176 months

Wednesday 29th April 2020
quotequote all
bodhi said:
Doofus said:
As I said at the beginning of this thread, I've got a Secretlab Omega. Reading the number of people who have Titans, I began to wonder if I'd bought the wrong model.

Had another look on their site, and it turns out I haven't got the wrong size, it's just that you lot are all fat bds.

smile
hehe

To be fair I just went on the recommended height, and at 6 foot 1 it suggested I went for the Titan. On reflection I probably would have been better with the Omega as this is a bit wide, but as it's 100x better than the Ikea POS I had beforehand I'll live.
I was looking at ordering a Titan at some stage so if you do decide you'd rather swap out to the Omega I might be interested in yours depending on the colour...!

K12beano

20,842 posts

242 months

Wednesday 29th April 2020
quotequote all
HotJambalaya said:
How is lumbar support on these gaming chairs? thats where I find I really start aching.
(SecretLabs Titan XL) Abso-bloody-marvellous. And especially compared to my previous Costco-sourced "Executive" chair. It's firm, adjustable, and this makes it supportive.

I should have got up and had some exercise, but I've been mostly glued into it since I started working at about 6:00 am...! st! Is that the time!?! But my poor ol' back is still in excellent shape!!!

HotJambalaya

1,705 posts

147 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
I seem to be just behind the curve, they're all on pre-order now. damn.

Someone recommended Noble gaming chairs to me, but there's no fabric option which I fancy for the summer. Not convinced even though they say it that the leather is 'breathable'

Edited by HotJambalaya on Thursday 30th April 16:09

HantsRat

2,205 posts

75 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
Is it just me of do those Titan chairs look extremely 'chav'?

bodhi

6,568 posts

196 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
Funk said:
bodhi said:
Doofus said:
As I said at the beginning of this thread, I've got a Secretlab Omega. Reading the number of people who have Titans, I began to wonder if I'd bought the wrong model.

Had another look on their site, and it turns out I haven't got the wrong size, it's just that you lot are all fat bds.

smile
hehe

To be fair I just went on the recommended height, and at 6 foot 1 it suggested I went for the Titan. On reflection I probably would have been better with the Omega as this is a bit wide, but as it's 100x better than the Ikea POS I had beforehand I'll live.
I was looking at ordering a Titan at some stage so if you do decide you'd rather swap out to the Omega I might be interested in yours depending on the colour...!
Much obliged for the offer, however I have got used to it now and am finding it incredibly comfortable. I went for Cookies and Cream, which is more of a grey and black, but I like it - even if the black part of the base is great at showing off how often I sit at my PC and eat crisps :/

HotJambalaya

1,705 posts

147 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
HantsRat said:
Is it just me of do those Titan chairs look extremely 'chav'?
totally agree, which is what was putting me off. I'd resigned myself to sticking it in the cupboard when I have people round, since thats not an issue currently I decided to go for it. Of course now they're all sold out...

DoctorX

5,436 posts

134 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
HantsRat said:
Is it just me of do those Titan chairs look extremely 'chav'?
There’s certainly some wacky colour schemes but mine looks quite restrained. I like it anyway.

Origin Unknown

1,814 posts

136 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
HantsRat said:
Is it just me of do those Titan chairs look extremely 'chav'?
I've just finished up a video conf with a customer, snr manager, major pharma. He was sat in his distinctive red and black gaming chair with some sort of logo poking out from behind each side of his head.

It wasn't a good look, it looked silly to be perfectly honest. But hey, who am I to judge.

If you're client facing, I wouldn't suggest something garish.

LukeSi

5,589 posts

128 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
If you get a noble chair I definitely recommend keeping your fingers out of the way when you ignore the instructions and pull the adjustment handle before assembling it. It definitely has enough force to take your fingers off.

DoctorX

5,436 posts

134 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
offshoreeddy said:
I think mine is quite subtle - black with black suede - but yes, there are some horrific ones out there.

Sort that cushion out!

Zippee

Original Poster:

12,567 posts

201 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
Quite like my omega, really don't see anything chav about it at all

xjay1337

15,966 posts

85 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
mine is certainly chav.

matches my rgb keyboard and mouse biggrin


K12beano

20,842 posts

242 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
Pistonchairs: Cushions Matter


Bobajobbob

1,010 posts

63 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
HantsRat said:
Is it just me of do those Titan chairs look extremely 'chav'?
One of the reasons I went for this Noblechair instead but ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder so some may find this naff.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noblechairs-icon-to...

Doofus

16,173 posts

140 months

Thursday 30th April 2020
quotequote all
Bobajobbob said:
HantsRat said:
Is it just me of do those Titan chairs look extremely 'chav'?
One of the reasons I went for this Noblechair instead but ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder so some may find this naff.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noblechairs-icon-to...
It does look a bit like it belongs in a Mansory Range Rover wink

BenjiS

1,248 posts

58 months

Friday 1st May 2020
quotequote all
offshoreeddy said:
I think mine is quite subtle - black with black suede - but yes, there are some horrific ones out there.

Mine looks like that, ‘cept with Batman logos smile

K12beano

20,842 posts

242 months

Friday 1st May 2020
quotequote all
HotJambalaya said:
HantsRat said:
Is it just me of do those Titan chairs look extremely 'chav'?
totally agree, which is what was putting me off. I'd resigned myself to sticking it in the cupboard when I have people round, since thats not an issue currently I decided to go for it. Of course now they're all sold out...
My arse doesn't care how chavvy.... rofl.... and no one else gets to see in my office, unless I chose to take a picture of all my chavvy tat and share it with a load of geeks, trolls and goblins on the interrwebnet..... tongue out

Bobajobbob

1,010 posts

63 months

Friday 1st May 2020
quotequote all
Doofus said:
It does look a bit like it belongs in a Mansory Range Rover wink
Haha that stings. I like to think more vintage Ferrari rofl

ZesPak

22,399 posts

163 months

Monday 4th May 2020
quotequote all


Saw this and thought it was sort of relevant hehe

Not Ideal

2,754 posts

155 months

Monday 4th May 2020
quotequote all
Noblechair Hero ordered thanks to this thread !

Edited by Not Ideal on Monday 4th May 13:58