PistonHeads.com Forum

Holyhead - what to do?

Author
Discussion

junglie

Original Poster:

1,257 posts

133 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Morning all,

I am visiting Holyhead for a couple of days (business) and wanted to know if there were any recommended restaurants or bars?

The usual plan of walking around to see what we find is valid but, as it is somewhere we rarely visit, I thought there may be a hidden gem.

Thank you.

andy-xr

13,070 posts

120 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
I sat there for 8 hours once waiting for my then g/f to get back in on a ferry while that Icelandic volcano was kicking off

Was the most boring 8 hours I've ever had, I had to save up my piss breaks so I didnt run out of things to do

Papa Hotel

12,760 posts

98 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Ferry to Dublin, night on the razz, back to Holyhead in the morning. It's the only way you're surviving that place. It seems to be a ferry port, little more.

GAjon

2,530 posts

129 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Might be worth checking if there's anything on at Anglesey
circuit?

GAjon

2,530 posts

129 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Might be worth checking if there's anything on at Anglesey
circuit?
Advertisement

Wacky Racer

26,964 posts

163 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Go and see South Stack lighthouse...awesome in stormy weather...yikes


Horse Pop

681 posts

60 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Not sure what's in Holyhead but there's probably more over the other end of the island.

http://www.angleseyattractions.co.uk/map_search.ht...

Weathers looking p crappy.

junglie

Original Poster:

1,257 posts

133 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Unfortunately I have to remain in Holyhead otherwise I would be straight on the ferry to Dublin!

Weather does look a little grim for the period but I suppose we should keep dry on the inside of a pub.

Leins

5,712 posts

64 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
EVO triangle!

junglie

Original Poster:

1,257 posts

133 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Leins,

Fantastic idea!

Would be fun to see how the crappy eco-rubbish 4 pot dag dag gets on round there 5 up plus luggage!

Papa Hotel

12,760 posts

98 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
junglie said:
Unfortunately I have to remain in Holyhead otherwise I would be straight on the ferry to Dublin!

Weather does look a little grim for the period but I suppose we should keep dry on the inside of a pub.
Local pubs. For local people.

Aeroresh

1,381 posts

148 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Go to Chester (an hour and a bit away). Loads to do and visit there.

2ky

199 posts

119 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Get pissed,high or arrested.

Seriously,that is all you can do in Holyhead.

vescaegg

9,411 posts

83 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
andy-xr said:
Was the most boring 8 hours I've ever had, I had to save up my piss breaks so I didnt run out of things to do
rofl

dudleybloke

12,889 posts

102 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
boathouse hotel.

Riley Blue

11,337 posts

142 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
dudleybloke said:
boathouse hotel.
Your room number...?

dudleybloke

12,889 posts

102 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Riley Blue said:
dudleybloke said:
boathouse hotel.
Your room number...?
14²x444³x7378²

MoelyCrio

2,287 posts

98 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
http://www.lobster-pot.net/

also, loads of great driving roads. RAF Valley, the racing circuit, Bangor and Caernarfon on the mainland.

jackh707

1,996 posts

72 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
Wacky Racer said:
Go and see South Stack lighthouse...awesome in stormy weather...yikes
This, there are tidal overfalls there. You think it looks rough from up on the cliffside, try racing through it on a boat biggrin, it's rather horrible.

On the Menai straits, south end of angelsey, there are some nice places, check out Beaumaris, some nice beaches on angelsey too... Newborough/red warf/ triadda? (spelling).
Holyhead is desolate though.

aw51 121565

4,757 posts

149 months

Sunday 23rd September 2012
quotequote all
jackh707 said:
This, there are tidal overfalls there. You think it looks rough from up on the cliffside, try racing through it on a boat biggrin, it's rather horrible.

On the Menai straits, south end of angelsey, there are some nice places, check out Beaumaris, some nice beaches on angelsey too... Newborough/red warf/ triadda? (spelling).
Holyhead is desolate though.
Visit Trearrdur Bay (where there is a nice beach, also a couple of nice eateries), then there's a back road to Holyhead via the South Stack lighthouse (where the car park is like an alpine pass layby if it's a grey misty day hehe ). thumbup