The Official West Ham United Thread.

The Official West Ham United Thread.

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

lionelf

612 posts

38 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all
pincher said:
Sitting in my seat for the season and am quite pleasantly surprised - a fair way from the pitch but nowhere near as far back as I feared. More than happy to suffer it this year and look to upgrade next season.

How on earth can you be "pleasantly surprised" with that? That picture is horrendous and I only hope that it's not showing things as they really are.

There appears to be a walkway/bridge in front of you that even when you cross it doesn't get you near the pitch. Looking down to the other end of the pitch the football must be almost impossible to see as even the players appear to be barely noticeable. Even if you can see the ball how on earth do you know who is in possession of it at any given moment?

Once the novelty of having a new stadium wears off the sooner you are out of that stadium the better.

pincher

5,420 posts

155 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all
You do know that a camera picture isn't the same as the naked eye, right? rolleyes

bad company

9,683 posts

204 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all
lionelf said:
Once the novelty of having a new stadium wears off the sooner you are out of that stadium the better.
Terrible thing jealousy.

pincher

5,420 posts

155 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all
TCEvo said:
RichB said:
Anything is do-able! What was your opinion on the game as someone who was there?
On TV it looked as though we were more organised when Ginge came on and Nordtveit looks solid.
Did Payet come on at all?
The game itself was 'OK' - not spectacular but not dreadful either. Don't think Juve read the script before the match - they bossed the first half and showed just why they are one of the best teams around, even though the two first half goals they scored were disappointing from a WH point of view.

Carroll looked like a man on a mission and showed that when he is determined to win a header in the box, there are very few defenders in (world?) football that are going to stop him. If he can stay fit and he plays, then I can see him good for 15 goals.

Reid is a class act, although Mandzukic gave him a hard time and I've got a lot of time for Reece Oxford - he really is our future, as long as we can hang on to him. Was probably slightly at fault for the Zaza goal though. Collins looked good when he came on too.

One who stood out for me was Nordveit - seems to have settled in nicely, looks very comfortable on the ball and tends to play the simple pass rather than a 60-yard Hollywood ball.

Quite a few youngsters got a run out too, which is probably why we ended up losing (should have kept Nobes on till the end maybe). Fletcher and Cullen looked bright.

Feghouli was quiet I thought - did well on Thursday but not so much yesterday. Payet came on after 70/75 minutes and had a little run round but not much end product.

Still worried about Antonio at right back though........

lionelf

612 posts

38 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all
pincher said:
You do know that a camera picture isn't the same as the naked eye, right? rolleyes
You do know that if you're trying to make a point about how good the view is that you shouldn't post pictures that show the complete reverse right? rolleyes

And what is that walkway? What does it link between?

Advertisement

Big Al.

60,309 posts

196 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all

BrabusMog

Original Poster:

13,054 posts

124 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all
Are you not going to lock this one smile Two threads, we really are the biggest team in London.

pincher

5,420 posts

155 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all
lionelf said:
You do know that if you're trying to make a point about how good the view is that you shouldn't post pictures that show the complete reverse right? rolleyes

And what is that walkway? What does it link between?
You clearly didn't actually read what I wrote - I didn't say how good it was at all(rolleyes)

pincher said:
Sitting in my seat for the season and am quite pleasantly surprised - a fair way from the pitch but nowhere near as far back as I feared. More than happy to suffer it this year and look to upgrade next season.
Edited by pincher on Monday 8th August 13:15

lionelf

612 posts

38 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all
pincher said:
lionelf said:
You do know that if you're trying to make a point about how good the view is that you shouldn't post pictures that show the complete reverse right? rolleyes

And what is that walkway? What does it link between?
You clearly didn't actually read what I wrote - I didn't say how good it was at all(rolleyes)

pincher said:
Sitting in my seat for the season and am quite pleasantly surprised - a fair way from the pitch but nowhere near as far back as I feared. More than happy to suffer it this year and look to upgrade next season.
Ah, my mistake and my apologies.

mudy

797 posts

110 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all
Looks like J Arthur is confirmed at left back - welcome Arthur!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiZ1DBwZCEc

pincher

5,420 posts

155 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all
lionelf said:
Ah, my mistake and my apologies.
No worries.

And on that note, lets get this one locked and concentrate on Vol 2 thumbup

Big Al.

60,309 posts

196 months

Monday 8th August 2016
quotequote all
Big Al. said:
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED